ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't host with a separate deh?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Can't host with a separate deh? Reply with quote

So it seems like you can't host a server with e.g. strain.wad and strain.deh loaded or am I doing something wrong?
If you really can't I think that's kind of shitty because you have to modify wads by putting dehs inside them, so you have to host modified versions instead of the originals which is not so nice. (ppl have to download stuff again, etc)
Zedek
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a separate Wad file with the DeHacked Info inside, like "strainDEH.wad" and host it alongside Strain.wad
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check first to see if somebody else hasn't already done just that.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Zedek said.
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I searched at http://doom.dogsoft.net/search.php for strain and found StrainFix (5.08 MB), which I bet has the DEH added, and strain_jive (56.53 KB), which I would guess has only the DEH in it.
This is what I meant by checking whether somebody else had already done it. The dates on both files are way back in '07. You only need to host strain with strain_jive, or just host StrainFix, and GetWad will find them for the players.
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx mans, didn't think of making a small wad with just dehacked. Not sure if I want to use strain_jive though since that guy is infamous for making butchered versions of wads (this one makes the skies look worse, for example), and StrainFix is for Zandronum I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: