ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom titles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Custom titles Reply with quote

I have an open question to the maintainers of this humble forum:

"Why do I not see more custom titles beneath people's usernames?"

In my opinion they can be a humorous tidbit or an arcane bit of wisdom to accompany a user's avatar, serving to reward, warn, differentiate, or maim certain chosen users. I don't mean to say everyone who walks in the door these days earns a title; it's just that the defaults seem so tiresome during extended periods of forum research.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only get them after your ten years of service
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a fun idea, so I support this idea. Have you thought of some custom titles already?

By the way, I believe people used to be able to change these custom titles themselves. Maybe it's a good idea to activate that option again, just like the post counter. Both were disabled due to abuse I believe, but with our relatively small forum community nowadays, I hardly think that would be the case right now. Plus people might be more eager to post when they see their post counter go up again. Might be worth trying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:

Not really, all I had to do to win mine is raging some irc guy that spammed me with Altues name. Also I complained that rhinoduck didn't have a title and now he has some potatoes :3
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The custom titles at Doomworld forums are definitely a lot of fun, but most of them are actually sort of a punishment for saying something stupid and getting stuck with it. :)
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alteus wrote:
rygrass wrote:

Not really, all I had to do to win mine is raging some irc guy that spammed me with Altues name. Also I complained that rhinoduck didn't have a title and now he has some potatoes :3

Sorry i should of inserted [/Sarcaism] Before i typed my message was quite lame of me
thefwf
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:

Not always!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support this too, but I think the Doomworld way of getting a custom title should be fun too
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think custom titles should be an exclusive addition to a user's profile as they are openly broadcast with every single post. It could be sensible... or not. I would like to help create custom titles for users on the forums only for the reason that it might generate further activity until Doom 4 arrives. My mind is an open book, with many impressions of members who have come before, arrived previously & come under our banner during the latest times (2010-2014).
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COME ON. It doesn't take ten years of service to be worthy of a title. Just slap one on there and see how it goes. Come on Admins, you know revitalization is your basic goal, just examine the laughable moderators and top posters. Give them something special. Come on. I haven't even been contacted yet to become part of the conspiracy.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, see, now I knew you chums had a sense of humorosity. Next week I might have a few suggestions for people who are more deserving than me. Wink
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL "Generic Title"
I deserve one for Plas sake
But obiosuly i'm a small piece of pixel in front of yours
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean we all have to create a "custom titles" thread to get a custom title as awesome as TheCupboard's?
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the easiest way to get a custom title around here is to constantly keep doing the online equivalent of poking Domains with a cattle prod and have Alteus randomly mention that you have no custom title. Be wary that you might end up with "Potatoes" though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: