ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master server update causes inconvenience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Master server update causes inconvenience Reply with quote

I did an update to the master server which has cause one small inconvenience. Basically, I'd done a conversion from mysql to postgresql.

Technical side: MySQL's default character encoding was the Latin1 character set. PostgreSQL's default is UTF-8. A conversion between the two was attempted.

Inconvenience caused: Because of this, several fields which were allowed to contain just about any character supported by the database have been altered, including the "extra info blurb" on player pages. You will need to individually fix your text blurbs.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the Postgres Cool

Could the user descriptions not have been transformed? Or has the character set been reduced?

EDIT: My bad, just re-read the post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: