ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three OS duel maps.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Springy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Three OS duel maps. Reply with quote

Hello ladies and gents, I have three duel maps for you guys and was wondering if I could get some feedback please? Hopefully, these will provide some good old fragging fun.
Screenshots:

Crackdown

Slam (needs a little more work). Started last year, practically finished the other day.

YM (just call it that). Finished the other day.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17333

Take care and have a pleasant rest of the day.
EDIT: These require Gothic TX to run.

Last edited by Springy on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Springy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idgames for the your mum map. http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17333
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup your_mum feels like a loose non-claustrophobic judas23. Aside from the garish textures (not a big fan of gothictx), I think the textures could've been arranged a little better so you still have a sharp contrast of textures separated clearly by border textures like SUPPORT, METAL, or any countless graphics that serve a similar function (I know for a fact gothictx has scads of them.) This would involve splitting a lot of linedefs into small pieces and aligning border textures carefully. Not exactly everyone's idea of fun activity, but it also allows you to gently smooth out any right angles with 45 degrees slants and curvy corners everywhere to improve player movement while allowing a gentle insertion of inoffensive border textures to transition from one room's theme to the next.

All in all it's decent, I'm not sure about those 4 white marble skull pillars. I see they limit the power of plasma and RL but they feel clunky.

Good romp. Props for uploading to /idgames!
Springy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for a great review on this. I did think the pillars were a bit out of place and I'll definitely get the texture placement and border implementation sorted when I come to compile my DM compilation. As long as the game play is good, it doesn't worry me at this moment but I don't think I did too bad for a speed map (aside from trying to remove unused graphics).
Springy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another couple of maps (not pictured) standard textures used. Note: this isn't the final link as no testing was done.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17378
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17377
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arsehole.wad is definitely my favorite so far. I like how connected all the paths are around the main atrium and smooth height transitions.

Only thing that feels like it should change is the western window by SSG, that SUPPORT3 texture feels like it should be an interactive, repeatable lift.
Springy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCupboard wrote:
Arsehole.wad is definitely my favorite so far. I like how connected all the paths are around the main atrium and smooth height transitions.

Only thing that feels like it should change is the western window by SSG, that SUPPORT3 texture feels like it should be an interactive, repeatable lift.

Sorry for not responding until now. I am glad you like it, I see what you mean about the use of the SUPPORT3, I was thinking of making that a lift and decided against it in the end and I guess I just forgot to change it. In other news, Crackdown is waiting to appear on idgames.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: