ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teleports affecting spectators too

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Teleports affecting spectators too Reply with quote

Hello,
I was thinking that teleports effects should be allowed in spectator mode aswell.
It would help in looking around some maps, for example:
In a survival game when you die and are forced to spectate it would be nice to explore the map for a bit and have teleports affect you.
There are also those certain maps where you can't really get to a certain part of a map unless you teleport, and due to walls and such, a spectator can't get to that part either Crying or Very sad
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, this is possible with a bind, but its a bit annoying press the button for teleport, i want this without a bind, or some command. I don't know if exist already
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feature is actually out there already. Check the very end of the list in "customize controls" menu, look for "spectator teleport". As far as I know, you're supposed to hold that button down and walk through a teleporter.
It never ever worked for me personally for a reason that I'm not aware of, though.
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, thanks perrondon and Sr69,
I had never heard of such feature. It would still be nice to see it implemented as default in my opinion though, but now that I know this I'm happy for now Very Happy
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr69Mm-jC wrote:
It never ever worked for me personally for a reason that I'm not aware of, though.

It does not work when you record a demo currently for technical reasons. The upcoming version allows you to use it while recording a demo as well.

bless_ wrote:
It would still be nice to see it implemented as default in my opinion though

To make it always on type +spectele on console. The reason why it is not on by default is because teleporters are infinitely high and you would trigger them unintentionally when flying very high above one. So it a bit more 'safe' to trigger teleporters manually when you really mean to as a spec.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phenex2 wrote:
It does not work when you record a demo currently for technical reasons. The upcoming version allows you to use it while recording a demo as well.

Oh. I see then, thanks.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bless_ wrote:
It would still be nice to see it implemented as default in my opinion though
I disagree; spectators are not in-game, so they should not trigger anything. The only reason +spectele was implemented was for special maps like Icon of Sin; otherwise, you'd be unable to spectate in the main area. Just bind a key to +spectele and use it as needed; that's the best solution IMHO.
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine this was implemented, the spectators could be able to exit a map that has a teleporter exit Rolling Eyes
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious as that would be, I'm pretty sure the dev team would think to prevent it Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: