ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Launching a server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Th3MaN1
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Launching a server Reply with quote

Hello community! I am new to this forum so if there is any chance that this topic is in the wrong forum, please excuse me. Now to the real deal:

I would like to launch a new server with these modded/custom .wad files:
-rga2_nr6_cmonsters.wad
-rga2_nr6_bcoding2.wad
-rga2_nr1_agfx_sfx.wad
-prboom.wad
-mw2_v12_required.wad
And last but not least:
-doom2.wad

First thing I did, started a server with Server Wizard. Everything worked fine, I followed the instructions, and when I pressed "Start Server", the following error pops up:

Script Error, "SNDINFO" line 525:
Sounds that are reserved for players cannot be reassigned

and after that, the server stops.
My questions are:
1)Are the .wad files unable to be played online?
2)If yes, what way is there to start a server with the following .wad files? There's a chance I did something wrong I suppose, so here's a screenshot of some preferences:
http://postimg.org/image/ymxc7ebfn/
Thanks to everyone in advance!
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to how you're attempting to add mw2_v12_required.wad I assume you're starting the Modern Warfare 2 mod for doom which is definitely not supported by ZDaemon - hence the error you get.

ZDaemon is a kind of more old-school-oriented doom port that can run all vanilla-compatible wads as well as some more advanced doom mods.
However, if you want all those newschool features and heavy gameplay-changing mods you'd want to take a look at Zandronum. It's a separate doom port, just google for it.

It might sometimes be not so easy to tell whether some specific wad is supported by ZDaemon or not; if the server seemingly starts fine you may still run into errors, crashes etc while playing your wad. So what you'd want to do is to check the txt file which traditionally goes along with the wad with the same name. These txt files contain useful information like which port(s) are required to run the wad, what the recommended settings are, how you can further adjust your server through custom server variables and so on. If it says "limit-removing port" or "vanilla" you can run the wad with both ports just fine but it may as well name the specific required port instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: