ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #09 - What do we have in store?!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #09 - What do we have in store?! Reply with quote

Salut les amis! Wink

This week's FCT is something big for us! We have worked really hard on it, JCD's brain nearly blacked-out during the creation, I almost fell asleep when creating the ma... Oh wait, I revealed too much already! Surprised
We are still expanding and trying to make this event even bigger each week! Thanks to Evolution for setting up a special IRC channel : #ZDEvents !
Et maintenant, bienvenue au bazar de l'épouvante! Wink

Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #09 – What do we have in store?!
Welcome to UAC's Shopping Center!
This week's FCT will introduce you to a very different way of grabbing weapons and items.
You will enter a Shopping HUB, designed by myself, upon each level exit. In this place, you will meet up with fellow Marines, and be allowed to buy the weaponry, ammo and items you will need for the next level.
Money is dropped by monsters. The bigger the monsters, the better the loot! Remember how you used to hate Pain Elementals? Think twice before shooting, they are valuable money boxes now. Wink
If you are low on money, you can also give money to other players if they need some more to buy their lovely piece of hardware. Smile
If you all die during a mission, you will lose your gear and start again entirely naked! Well not really, you will only have your trusty Pistol and a Berserk Pack.
Be aware of what you buy, how you buy it, and remember to share with your teammates!

The episodic changes will be slightly different this time.
  • Server: BaseQ.fr
  • Gamemode: Survival
  • Lives: 1
  • Files: FCT09.zip
  • DMFlags1: 218972196
  • DMFlags2: 823619264

Now for the special gameplay changes, here is how the episodes will play:
  • Episode 1 (Maps 01 -> 10) will be played with normal rules.
  • Episode 2 (Maps 11 -> 20 + Secrets) will be played with 2* Monster Damage.
  • Episode 3 (Maps 21 -> 30) will be played with -fast monsters.
  • The entire session will be played with 2* Monster Health !

Holy crap! Are they really making stable things?! I guess we are!! D:

The madness will be starting at 20h (GMT+1).

We hope you will like this session! Very Happy
A bientôt sur le serveur. Smile

Last edited by Oxyde on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic. For the record that channel was set up by Domains, I just pointed where to build. Smile

I've got a lunch date after a long day at work so I'll can't be there. Hope there's footage! Cool
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't play & record today. It's a shock what I am having those days (one of my family died, the one I've felt so close to), and there are my father, an annoying as fuck sister, and so on... Sorry fellows...

I'll ask JCD or even Oxyde to make for once this dirty work instead of me.

However, I hosted a server, Oxyde will have to rcon quit it to remove the password.
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks interesting. If my connection allows it, I will be there.

Desolé, Choww :[
ZeroDev
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few screenshots :

Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf JC x)?!

Those screens are... Gold!
Mind if I can add them to our BaseQ facebook page?
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! You seem to have here come up with something that really captured the public interest - I already saw somebody playing a private server, running this and d2reload Wink

Now for some quick comments:
Shame it can't be played in SP so easily, but that's not your problem. People can always write their own MAPINFOs for that, or play it via LAN instead.

Did notice quite a few ghost items in the server. A chaingunner and a lot of coins that had already been picked up. Again, I guess this isn't down to anything you did.

The money display seemed a bit wonky, as it was printing a little off the left of the screen at a lot of resolutions. Also, it's always best to minimise the static onscreen clutter wherever possible. So, rather than printing:
MONEY (400 MAX):

I'd suggest:
MONEY:
090/400

It just doesn't intrude on the screen so much and looks tidier Smile

But that's a minor criticism. Fantastic work otherwise!
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Did notice quite a few ghost items in the server. A chaingunner and a lot of coins that had already been picked up. Again, I guess this isn't down to anything you did.

I'd be very happy if someone figures out how to reproduce the ghost items so we can fix the problem. Ideally in some special map with a bunch of zombies and a BFG. A similar (or same) problem is present in the TNS wad monster randomization. We cant fix it so far because we have nothing consistent to work with.

Maybe the Frenchies could provide a stripped down version that only has the coin spawn code in it and the acs code as well.
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely surprised by the success of this session! The server was almost constantly populated, and even people did host their own server like RequinCybernétique said!
As for the feedbacks you have all given, don't worry about it:
A new version is in the works fixing some issues and adding some cool new stuff. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: