ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pray for Death

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decay
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Pray for Death Reply with quote

Hey guys,

After the completion of Velocity, the Mechanix Union has decided to step into the realm of single player doom. Pray for Death is our next project, and I'm here to advertize to you guys early, to see if anyone is up for the challenge, because I know how many people like playing SP/COOP/Survival here.

This project will be a multi-port boom compatible wad with a variety of themes to go on. Dusk has supplied us with a good resource pack to start with. The plan is 32 maps, but that is ultimately flexible.

No I don't have screenshots to present to you. But you've seen our work before, you've seen the Union's dedication to projects. You know we are capable of making a quality product.

If you're interested, by all means let me know. #mxu on quakenet exists but is a little inactive, sorry to say. If you wanna idle with us, #mxu on zanirc is always bustling with activity. The MXU forums will form the basis of PFD's building, so that's always an option too.

Here's the current resources.
http://mxu.the-powerhouse.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=596

Here's the general overview.
http://mxu.the-powerhouse.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=597

Additionally, if sp/coop doesn't float your boat, we are also offering a multiport DM wad to be cleaned up and completed as well. Originally headed by Shane, Ultdm! http://mxu.the-powerhouse.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=578

This ran on ZDS before, here http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=14356&highlight=ultimate+deathmatch
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Pray for Death Reply with quote

Decay wrote:
If you're interested, by all means let me know.

It might actually help if you say what interest you are looking for. Are you looking for mappers? Are you looking for testers? It does not become very clear to me reading your post.

I am not interested in mapping for this project. I simply do not have the time in my schedule to do so. I am interested in playing it when it is done though. Like you said, with Velocity CTF you proved to be able to make quality maps, so I have no doubt these maps will be high quality as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Decay
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mapping or testing, either or. Both are equally valuable in making good maps. Musicians even, or even just idea contributors.

The mapping is offered for those who may want to make some maps, but are unwilling to/cannot start their own project (I want to give people the opportunity to work with a group). Testing is extremely important, especially given the current highly critical and judgmental mood of many current Doom players. Although I understand many quality projects do not get their fair share of testing/testers, I still feel the need to ask for a balanced post.

As a disclaimer though, (because I know some people are thinking it) I don't want to give people the impression that I am being selfish by asking for contribution when I normally don't offer. It's more of a reach out and opportunity; we are content if we have 1 new volunteer, 10 new volunteers, or none at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: