ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNS #65 - NDCP2 (Part I revisited)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: TNS #65 - NDCP2 (Part I revisited) Reply with quote

This will be a little flashback for those who have been around TNS in it's very infancy. Some little birds - uh, oh, I mean the bats from the last session - were tweeping that we didn't really get to enjoy the whole wad as we should have when we first visited it simply because we tried to do all those long maps in just one session so... here we go again, folks!

This Thursday it's time to load our SSGs, go back and waltz our way through part I properly! And, hopefully, this time AnimaZero will be around to make all your derpings public;)

DMFLAGS: 100745252 / 806758400
Skill: Ultra Violence
IWAD: doom2.wad
PWADs: ndcp2, tskins1e, miekskins-r3, tns??
Maps: 1-16, 31
Lives: 1
Players: 20/50
Item Respawn Time: 60 Seconds
Player Join Limit: 5 Minutes

The Euro session starts at 20:00 GMT (that's 15:00 EST)
The US session starts at 20:00 EST (that's 01:00 GMT)
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh, is it that wad with a marble map where you have to be silent when green eyes are looking at you?
I wouldn't mind another "Halloween" session btw, that wad with new graphics and stuff was too cool to use it only once a year. Smile
Anima Zero
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mem, this is that exact same wad. Something tells me we should skip that level when it comes to pass in part II because we will never finish it otherwise xD.
noncom
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZDaemon launcher could not find the WADs on it's own. I had to go to Settings->GetWAD->WAD Search Settings and add the three links, shown in the original post, and then use Settings->GetWAD->Fetch... and specify the names of the files like 'ndcp2' - do it with all the three WADs.. Is this ok or am I missing something? Should not this be totally automatic?
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noncom wrote:
ZDaemon launcher could not find the WADs on it's own. I had to go to Settings->GetWAD->WAD Search Settings and add the three links, shown in the original post, and then use Settings->GetWAD->Fetch... and specify the names of the files like 'ndcp2' - do it with all the three WADs.. Is this ok or am I missing something? Should not this be totally automatic?

There is a possibility to add a website where getwad should also look for wads in the server config, everything else besides ndcp2.wad can be found at http://downloads.zdaemon.org/wads/ which already is present in getwad's list. I think whoever will be starting the server for this session will make sure that getwad will find the last remaining wad for all the doomers trying to connect to the TNS server.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's NOT the way to do it: the server should provide a link to a page with its WADs in the "server url" configuration setting; then getwad would know about it. So it's a matter of setting up the server properly: not a getwad issue.
Anima Zero
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on recording clips for the highlights video. Should hopefully have it up by Wednesday or so.

I noticed something missing though.

We never did map 13 in the first rota for some reason xD. Noticed it this morning while looking at my demos folder.

Dangit that was a Joshy map and it makes me sad D:.

Guess we should toss it in when part II comes around?
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, you're right Anima; didnt noticed till you mentioned it... Don't know how the maplist could have skipped that, but yes, we'll add it when playing part II.
Anima Zero
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights video for this week is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V8RfzfItCo

Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: