ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FMM #046 - Strain

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: FMM #046 - Strain Reply with quote

This week we will be playing Strain on Friday’s Monster Mash. This wad was run on Zdaemon Sessions on the 13th of october 2007. That is quite a while ago, so it is time to play it again. You can read the full background story of Strain here.

Due to incompatibility problems, a fixed version of the wad needs to be hosted. Worst-vd-Plas found a fixed version we will be running. Furthermore, as advised by Worst-vd-Plas, we will also be using some skins, so you can distinguish your fellow players from the monsters easily.

SCREENSHOTS

SETTINGS

Game Mode: Cooperative
IWAD: Doom2
PWADs: StrainFix / Strain_zd_patch1.zip / tskins1e

Maps: 32 (MAP01-MAP32)
DMFLAGS: 84004 / 1179728
Skill: 3 - Ultraviolence
Timelimit: None
Killlimit: None
Players: 50/50
Voting: Kick + Map

Session times

On friday, the 17th of august 2012:

The European session starts at 21:00 GMT+1
The US session starts at 01:00 BST / 20:00 EDT (that's 00:00 GMT)

Last edited by Ronald on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:44 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice choice! Cool
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The download links to StrainFix and Strain_Jive both give 404 errors, "The webpage cannot be found."
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empyre wrote:
The download links to StrainFix and Strain_Jive both give 404 errors, "The webpage cannot be found."

Ah Embarassed , I'll fix that later today! I will let you know when the links are fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Empyre wrote:

Ah Embarassed , I'll fix that later today! I will let you know when the links are fixed.

They're already on downloads.zdaemon.org/wads/ from when we ran this on TNS.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution wrote:
Ronald wrote:
Empyre wrote:

They're already on downloads.zdaemon.org/wads/ from when we ran this on TNS.

Thanks a lot for the tip! I didn't know Strain was run TNS. Surprised I actually checked if you guys did, but I guess I overlooked. Embarassed Oh well, it does not really matter, because the wad should be good for a replay. Smile
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget about strain_zd_patch1.zip.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phenex2 wrote:
don't forget about strain_zd_patch1.zip.

I added this wad to the list too! I hope everything is set for friday now! Smile
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post madness!

Oh well, I thought I set everything up properly last night, but apparently I didn't:

Code:

19:00:35  <worst-vd-plas> hi
19:03:05  <worst-vd-plas> when using strain_zd_patch1.wad you dont need to cut off any maps from the rotation
19:03:18  <worst-vd-plas> it fixes all the maps
19:03:55  <worst-vd-plas> also you dont need strain_jive.wad .. its not a good patch, it replaces some of the sky textures with lower resolution ones, so its better without it :s
19:05:05  <worst-vd-plas> and it also disables one fix in strain_zd_patch1.wad if you load it after it
19:06:39  <worst-vd-plas> so in short; strain_jive.wad does more bad than good, better not load it :P
20:57:30  <worst-vd-plas> since you are away, I asked AF-Domains to fix the setup

I was out last night so I was not able to change it, but Worst-vd-Plas and AF-Domains saved the session! Thanks a lot you two! Thanks a lot for caring and your effort! Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound like you messed anything up too badly. And it surely does get confusing when there's 10 different patches floating around!

Dunno about Worst, but DomainZ is certainly the hostess with the mostess when it comes to needing stuff changed Very Happy
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Dunno about Worst, but DomainZ is certainly the hostess with the mostess when it comes to needing stuff changed Very Happy

He's the best. <3
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: FMM #046 - Strain Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Furthermore, as advised by Worst-vd-Plas, we will also be using some skins, so you can distinguish your fellow players from the monsters easily.

Forgot to say that this is a good idea but, in cases like this, it'd be better still to find some replacement for the base player skin also.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: