ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FMM #037 - Empyrion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: FMM #037 - Empyrion Reply with quote

FMM #037 will be dedicated to a wad created by an active member of our community known as Empyre. He created Empyrion which contains 9 maps. In order to play this wad the way it is intended to be played, I have asked Empyre personally to give me the proper settings to enjoy this wad to the fullest. The settings we’re using now should create a fun atmosphere. Don’t miss it. Smile

Screenshot competition
In order to make FMM more interactive, I have decided to run a little screenshot competition. Make a screenshot in next FMM and post it here in this thread. The most interesting screenshot wins and will be rewarded. The reward is that the author of the screenshot gets to decide which wad(s) + settings will be run for FMM #039. All screenshots are allowed, as long as they meet the following requirements:

• the screenshot needs to be taken on next FMM;
  • the screenshot needs to contain at least two other players playing;
  • the screenshot needs to be posted before next Sunday.

I will decide who the winner is next Sunday. Looking forward to see some interesting screenshots! Smile

SETTINGS

Game Mode: Cooperative
IWAD: Doom2
PWADs: Empyrion

Maps: 9 (EMP01-EMP08, EMP32)
DMFLAGS: 17057892 / 34734352
Skill: 3 - Ultraviolence
Timelimit: None
Killlimit: None
Players: 50/50

Session times

On friday, the 15th of june 2012:

The European session starts at 21:00 GMT+1
The US session starts at 01:00 BST / 20:00 EDT (that's 00:00 GMT)

Last edited by Ronald on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, screenie competition. Sounds fun!
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be late or even miss the Euro session, but I will try to attend both sessions. If I interpret the times correctly, that's 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM my time, central daylight savings time USA.
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YO! Here is the first screenshoot from the Euro session:

Last edited by Krawa on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God Krawa, that's a nice one! Smile Was that taken on the American session? I attended to the European session, but it didn't really get off the ground. I had to go at 22:00 unfortunately, Crying or Very sad but these maps are great! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it was after you left, Ronald, that I joined the Euro session. There were lots of players there, as Krawa's picture shows, and it was fun.
The US session was disappointing because there were so few there, and they left out the silly sounds.
Also, in hindsight, the non-bfg version would have been better. So. Much. Spam!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about taking a screenie, but rather got on with playing.
Mind you, I only played a couple of maps. They were ones that I remembered from ZDS, so I was a little bored. But that's just me.

Settings-wise?
The 2xdamage pissed me off a couple of times, but I dealt with it. Ultimately I just got too annoyed with the infinite ammo though. Or, rather, the players that were using it
- they didn't seem to care what (or who) they were shooting at. Like Empyre says, it was spam city in there.

Here's a thought Roland: you know how SR-50 and I made you those "regeneration" patches for health? How would you like a similar patch for ammunition - so that ammo
recharges on any weapon carried? I think this could be a good middleground.
BeatSmith
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah it was fun Very Happy , but with a lot of BFG spamming.
This is a screenshot when a cyberdemon got stuck and we were having quite a party Razz

It was very fun indeed. I will participate in the next FMM if I can. Wink
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Krawa & BeatSmith

Thank you both for the screenshots! They're both very nice! Smile I can not decide who's the winner of the screenshot contest. That's why I have decided to reward the both of you! Krawa, FMM #039 will be yours and BeatSmith, FMM #041 will be yours! Watch your forum PM inbox closely the upcoming days. Cool

As for the rest, you can always make your suggestion here. All sensible suggestions will definitely be run on FMM, so start posting there!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: