ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(The last time) Defiler: Nearing completion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shane
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: (The last time) Defiler: Nearing completion Reply with quote

And coming to a DooM port near you.

Hello, yes, time for me to bother you all once again for another thread about my long-in-development coop wad. Defiler

Defiler version 69

Up to version 69 now, I've yet to hear from the community what they think of the new changes, what I can change (aside from the random parts of atrocious detail) and how I can better the wad to where you and the rest of the community can enjoy it. So in other words, rant to me and when I get a chance and the willpower I will read your post and carelessly forget about your complaints until next week.

I'm actually pretty glad that business for my coop wad has picked up lately, the only server, [XXX] gets filled up in quite a small amount of time even after one person joins so I can still call this a successful wad. Also Krawa gave me a good bit of information which actually surprised me even more than the busy servers:

[XXX]Krawa wrote:
16:52:34 <[XXX]Krawa> YO Shane! Time for some useless statistics! Defiler-c-69 was
downloaded from KrawaServ 445 times this month(March). This used 5.54 GB traffic

But I'm not here to flaunt my ego some more, I actually came to ask the community for a quick hand in helping me find out very important information. I can't find out what songs I put in the wad. I was able to track down a lot through saved older versions where the music files were still custom named, and I was able to look at what Midi's I downloaded and filled my USB with. Still I have like 4 maps left that I don't know what the songs are, so feel free to grab the wad and listen yourself and if you know what it is then please tell me so I can mark it down, soon after I might develop a small HQmus for the wad because a lot of the actual songs of the midi's would sound great ingame.

I need the song names for: Map02, Map16, Map28 and Map31, actually for Map31 I know it's a Doom1 song and I just want to know who is the artist because there isn't a Doom soundtrack list I could find with the artist attached.

Any clues I can give? Yes, these are the lists of artists so far I've used in the wad: Korn, Tool, Limp Bizkit, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, Depeche Mode, Slipknot, Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, Dream Theatre. I stayed within this broad stance because their songs sounded well as a Midi and in DooM, however I did try to look for a Metallica song or two I don't know if that will help but I'm leaving it there as a possibility.

I am working hard on Version 70 as you read this thread, so if theres a problem in 69 you see I will be sure to let you know if it's been fixed or not in 70. Production is going slow due to me being massively busy all of a sudden, with new people entering my life and dealing with others leaving and what not.

Thanks for taking the time to read my stuff again.
Cleo555
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX3IA3Nop3o

I would say according to these tags that Bobby Prince was the maker of the music in Doom 1. I'll let you know if I get a definitive answer.

Edit: The music is high quality because the actual cd that it is from was modified to sound like that. Basically it sounds how it would have sounded without the limits of the Doom engine.

So besides that I found this on the credits page of the Ultimate Doom itself so i consider this proof enough: http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i409/starrehm/Screenshots/Screenshot_Doom_20120504_101629.png

From the Doom wiki: http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_music
"All of Doom's music was composed by Robert Prince."

Last edited by Cleo555 on Fri May 04, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shane
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't find that to be the most absolute answer, only because that song in the video is too high quality. It could have been remixed by someone, I just need like a confirmation possibly.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D_THE_DA is No Where To Hide by Korn.
D_IN_CIT is Trash by Korn.
D_DEAD is Intolerance by Tool.
D_DOOM2 is Swamp Song by Tool.
D_RUNNI2 is Eulogy by Tool.
D_DEAD2 is Ass Itch by Korn.
D_ROMERO is Clown by Korn.
D_SHAWN2 is Kill You by Korn.
D_MESSAG is (Sic) by Slipknot.
D_COUNT2 is Mouth For War by Pantera.
D_DDTBL3 is This Love by Pantera.
D_AMPIE is Becoming by Pantera.
D_THEDA3 is Head Like A Hole by Nine Inch Nails.
D_ROMER2 is Sober by Tool.
D_TENSE is 13 Steps To Nowhere by Pantera.
D_SHAWN3 is Aenima by Tool.

I've heard the source material of other midis used in the wads, but those are the only ones I can immediately recognize. I reckon most are from the above listed artists, with maybe Rage Against the Machine added to such a list. I also recall some song by Deftones being in there just from playing the wad, but I didn't recognize any tracks by them. Ill Niņo might be responsible for one or two tracks you used as well, as it fits with the genre of music you selected, but I do not own all of their albums, so I can't confirm.

I didn't see any midis from Doom, but there was "D_SADDY", from Evilution, which belongs to Team TNT. I don't know the name or original map number though, but it's definitely from there.

To be quite honest, some of these are good songs but sound awful when transcribed to midi... you're better off going with some midis that are "true" metal (Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, etc), as they can stand better on their own without vocals. One of the things about Nu-metal is that the vocals contribute a lot to the overall sound of the material, and without them, the compositions sound repetitive and sometimes outright awkward. Midi compositions rarely include vocals as an actual track, and when they do, they tend to sound pretty bad. Some songs just aren't meant to be heard as midis...
Shane
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intro - Rammstein-Rammstein
Map01 - Depeche Mode-Black Celebration
Map03 - Marilyn Manson-Apple of Sodom
Map04 - Rammstein-Du Riechst So Gut
Map05 - Tool-Hush
Map06 - Korn-No Place to Hide
Map07 - Nine Inch Nails-Perfect Drug
Map08 - Depeche Mode-Dream on
Map09 - Korn-Trash
Map10 - Tool-Intolerance
Map11 - Marilyn Manson-Angel With The Scabbed Wings
Map12 - Rammstein-Alter Mann
Map13 - Tool-Flood
Map14 - Rammstein-Seemann
Map15 - Tool-Eulogy
Map17 - Marilyn Manson-Antichrist
Map18 - Korn-Clown
Map19 - Korn-Kill You
Map20 - Slipknot-Sic
Map21 - Pantera-Mouth for war
Map22 - Pantera-This Love
Map23 - Pantera-Becoming
Map24 - Nine Inch Nails-Head like a Hole
Map25 - Limp Bizkit-Stuck
Map26 - Rammstein-Tier
Map27 - Tool-Sober
Map28 - Pantera-13 Steps to Nowhere
Map29 - Tool-Aenima
Map30 - Pantera-Revolution is my name
Map32 - Dream Theatre-Pull me Under

This is the list I've already came up with the added song that Earthquake found (thanks by the way)
Shane
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really desperate on trying to find what Map02 and Map16 songs are, so close to being done but so far!

I also decided to just credit doom1 for the victory song, I'm sure thats as far as I will be getting. However I do have good news I do have two new clues when it came to the songs, I looked in a earlier version of Defiler and pulled out two names from MAPINFO:

map map02 "Sewer Transfer"
sky1 sky1 0.0
music m_bar
next map03

map map16 "Hell"
sky1 sky3 0.0
music m_dim
next map17

songs m_bar and m_dim, I used parts of the name to just make a m_ something since I wanted my wad to look as cool as the Iwads. But thats what I'm working off of right now, I hope someone can come up with something.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how nobody has once mentioned any content - other than the music - thusfar.
Shane
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I'm still open to criticism, I just wanna get this music situation out of the way because it's been bugging me for a month. But I'll just remind everyone it doesn't seem like I'm going off subject:

Anyone have anything to say about the wad so far? Any specific areas you can tell me to touch up on? Any bugs I haven't noticed yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: