ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FMM #031 - Operation Lightning

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: FMM #031 - Operation Lightning Reply with quote

You are probably wondering where the hell I am since it’s already Friday and there still is not a post for tonight’s FMM. I didn't forget! No, the reason that I am posting this late is because I wanted to run a special creation this week made by UberGewei. He did not manage to finish it in time for tonight’s session, so we’re moving his creation to FMM #033.

The alternative that we will be running this week is a creation by Stephen Clark, better known to us as The Ultimate Doomer. He suggested this wad himself and today we’ll be playing it. I’m talking about Operation Lightning. Stephen describes his creation as a high-tech 21st century DooM episode that is big, innovative, good-looking, and above all, HARD! This episode pushes the DooM engine to it's very limits, and is a very extreme DooM episode.

The story:

The year is 2099, six weeks before the turn of the century.

You are Jody Russell, a top space marine. Your call sign is 'Kill Crazy', because you kill like crazy and love every second of it. You can't wait forthe turn of the century, but right now you're strapped into your drop pod, ready to assault another planetary base that's gone hideously wrong, in a fast strike codenamed 'Operation: Lightning'. Damn. Now you have to survive another suicide mission first, but hey, you eat suicide missions for breakfast!

The radio crackles: "All marines, this is Steel Lynx. Now listen up: Something has gone wrong with this base. No-one has heard anything from it for the past few weeks, and it seems to be producing fierce electrical storms from somewhere. Your task is to find out what is wrong, what is generating these lightning storms, and shut it down. Kill all hostile resistance."

"OHHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" you shout at the top of your voice. "I copy that, Kill Crazy" the radio replies. "Good luck, marines. Out."

You hear a noise, then suddenly you are falling through space. You activate the pod's boosters, and aim down towards the planet, as part of a large wave of silvery hunks of metal. Suddenly, there is a loud crack,and one of the pods is hit by a bolt of lightning. It hits another pod, and both spiral away from the wave. Someone reels off a message: "Flare to Steel Lynx, we're caught in a st..aaagh!" (static). Then, another pod is hit, followed by more and more. One of them clips the pod next to you, which then crashes into you, and you spiral down towards the surface. You wrestle with the controls and they start to respond, but you can't
pull up before you hit a wall......

Dazed and shaken, you sit up and look around you. You have crash-landed through the wall of a building, just outside the entrance to a large sewer. You look ouside and note the snow-capped mountains and the red sky. "Hmmm. Strange place, this. I wonder how a red sky can produce lightning?" you say to yourself. Then you hear the dying scream of another marine, and you know that can only mean one thing.......the aliens from hell have landed!

Damn. Looks like you'll miss the centenary celebrations. Not while you're still alive, you won't. Patting your kevlar vest and gripping your trusty pistol in your left hand, you prepare to kill like crazy.........

I hope Stephen will be around to play his creation with us tonight. Will you be around too?

SETTINGS

Game Mode: Cooperative
IWAD: Doom2
PWADs: Operation Lightning

Maps: 11 (MAP01-MAP11)
DMFLAGS: 201408548 / 286735056
Skill: 3 - Ultraviolence
Timelimit: None
Killlimit: None
Players: 50/50

Session times

On friday, the 4th of april 2012:

The European session starts at 21:00 GMT+1
The US session starts at 01:00 BST / 20:00 EDT (that's 00:00 GMT)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated the first two maps. But then, we didn't have many players for them, and it got more interesting later (when we did).

Actually, no, I don't care how many players we could have had, that first map sucked absolute balls.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: