ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iu-part5 on ZDaemon 1.09

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xsnake
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: iu-part5 on ZDaemon 1.09 Reply with quote

Hey,

As I mentioned before, I've been working on iu again to make it compatible with 1.09. I've finally come to something playable (in single player mode) but I'd like to see if it works online. Smile
I see there is a XXX 1.09 server running iu-part4b. It would be nice if the version I'm posting right now could be hosted instead. Thanks.

Technically, here are the changes I had to make to make the wad compatible.

● Almost all the hudmessages have been replaced by print messages. Some informations are still missing, though, such as bosses health. The problem with the print function is that when you call it within a loop every 1 or 2 seconds, the console gets flooded. I hope there will be a way to fix that in the future, like making hudmessages work online.

● I modified the skyboxes so they dont use 512*512 floor textures anymore. The result is not so bad and I might keep them the way they are now.

● In map28, the moving cameras were not working. Replaced them with static cameras. Hopefully this could get fixed in the future.

● There still is a problem with forcefields. They use the Line_SetIdentification() function but the second parameter of the function doesn't seem to be known by the engine. I tried to make the textures fill the entire height between floor and ceiling by using "16: wrap mid textures" but it's not working. So, the forcefields are invisible in this version but they will still block players until they are deactivated.

● On map29, the Thing_Hate function is called but isn't working, which makes the map very easy. Confused

I guess that's all. I'm probably forgetting one or two details but globally, that's it.

Download link

iu-part5-zd109 (18.1 Mo)

Please report any bug encountered, especially on maps 27, 28, 29 (I need to know if they work fine).
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xsnake wrote:
The problem with the print function is that when you call it within a loop every 1 or 2 seconds, the console gets flooded. I hope there will be a way to fix that in the future, like making hudmessages work online.

I've also done a bossfight with print-able HP and I gotta admit that if you print just 1 or 2 lines every 2-3 seconds the console isn't flooded *that* much. You can still read the chat log just fine, etc.

More specifically, what I did on my map is made the health bar be 'updated' only in next cases:
1. Three seconds have elapsed since last 'update' (message show time = ~104-105 tics).
2. Boss health decreased by 1% or more since last 'update' <- this forces it to be updated faster than in 3 seconds (if needed).

This way it spams the console as least as possible while still displaying a smooth health bar. Maybe such method would fit your bossfight too.
Xsnake
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a small update :

● Fixed some HOMs caused by Polyobjects.
● Fixed the map03 polyobject that caused the map to be unfinishable sometimes.
● Added some impassible lines for monsters in map08 near the spawn area.
● Reduced the amount of monsters spawned in map11, 16, 23 and 27.
● Removed some annoying camera changes.
● Made monsters a bit less resistant in map28.
● The invulnerability now works properly in map29 while the camera is being forced for everyone.

Download link

iu-part5-zd109b (18.1 Mo)
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated [XXX] 109 Invasion UAC Server to latest version.
zds://85.214.149.120:10708
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: