ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WNF #21 - Toke CTF

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Tuesday Night Flags
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: WNF #21 - Toke CTF Reply with quote

Some material from the same guy who brought coopbuild and omgmaps to us, as well as moo2d; and more. Throw in some tskins1e because it would be illegal to not use that! We've all spent a serious amount of time on either one of these so you can guess what to expect here: mindless derping fun! EDIT: New wads: a nice sky from Deus Vult II, tardmarine from tskins1e, & Cybershark's music!

Thanks HumanBones for the suggestion (and for all you have done for our community over the years): rock on, man!.

[EDIT] WADs: tctftest10, dvii-sky, fightmusic, tskins1a, tardskin (from tskins1e, omg!!!), facevox2

Euro Session: 20:00 GMT
    US session: 20:00 EST

Maps: 01-14
    DMFLAGS: 16794692 / 286144008
    Players: 6v6 + 12 spectator slots
    Scorelimit: 6
    Timelimit: 9 minutes
    Skill: Nightmare
    Voting: Nah.
    Server: L@P / Dwango United NJ

Last edited by Evolution on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 6 times in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: WNF #21 - Toke CTF Reply with quote

Evolution wrote:
Throw in some tskins1e because it would be illegal to not use that!

Actually, it should be illegal to use it in teamgames because, personally, I hate the idiocy of having red-coloured players on the blue team. tskins1a is much more suitable (as it omits the bloodmarine and bloodymarine) Wink

Also, as this pack has no music of its own, it might be nice to include some? There's a few packs out there but, if none spring to mind, you might wanna use one that I compiled.

Oh, and I'm really not sure about the inclusion of map11 in the rotation, but w/e Smile
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yeah good thing you mentioned the bloody marine, that one eluded me. Not such a popular choice though but uh, I could sort that out. As for music: awesome, included. thanks Cool! I mentioned to AF-D that a possible sky replacement wad might be in order too earlier.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sorted!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some seriously unconvetional mapping in there. The map where you had to run out of your base to get a gun in order to run back to defend it, and the one with all the guns in one room were particularly frustrating, but it was all good fun. Although I gave up at one point, when TJPrime started playing FFA with no interest in capping the flag.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame I couldn't be there, I really do like the direction these maps were heading in. I think if someone took the liberty to finish them up they would come out pretty decent. Either way, hope it was fun!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely was. Made me laugh that some people said the music sucked - because obviously the standard Doom2 MIDIs sound great on every map ever Laughing

BTW Evo, here's some other music megawad names:
greatmus, mmmus, mm2mus, omgmus, reqmus, jazzdoom, prjdoom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Tuesday Night Flags All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: