ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FMM #012 - pzmxmas

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: FMM #012 - pzmxmas Reply with quote

Back in 2006, two brothers from Hungaria called Peete and zoli2 made a christmas-themed coop wad. Then in march 2007, Peete finally managed to create himself a forum account and posted about it in the Zdaemon Review forums. After the wad was reviewed, we never heard from Peete or from his brother again. The wad was put on a shelf and was soon forgotten about. Until now, because it's up for Friday's Monster Mash!

What does a wad need to get you into the spirit of christmas? Let's see what this wad has to offer:

• Santa? --> CHECK
  • Reindeers? --> CHECK
  • Christmas trees? --> CHECK
  • Snow and ice? --> CHECK
  • Reindeers? --> CHECK
  • Elves? --> CHECK
  • Angels? --> CHECK

There's no way you won't be feeling the spirit of christmas after playing this next friday. So I expect to see you all there for christmas fragging next friday!

SETTINGS

Game Mode: Cooperative
IWAD: Doom2
PWADs: PZMXMAS

Maps: 25 (01-25)
DMFLAGS: 67389476 / 68288592
Skill: 3 - Ultraviolence
Timelimit: None
Killlimit: None
Players: 50/50

Session times

On friday, the 23rd of december 2011:

The European session starts at 21:00 GMT+1
The US session starts at 01:00 BST / 20:00 EDT (that's 00:00 GMT)

See you there! Wink

Last edited by Ronald on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link gives a 404 Webpage cannot be found error.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empyre wrote:
The link gives a 404 Webpage cannot be found error.

You're right. Embarassed Link is fixed! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wad is far from being a good pick for a session. I found the review you wrote back in 2007; I gotta agree: sprites are good but that's about it. Vampirecoop/infinitecoop-style maps with random textures and 1-player wide corridors at times. Pretty meh.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SR69MM-JC wrote:
This wad is far from being a good pick for a session. I found the review you wrote back in 2007; I gotta agree: sprites are good but that's about it. Vampirecoop/infinitecoop-style maps with random textures and 1-player wide corridors at times. Pretty meh.

I see where you're coming from. It's hard to please everybody every week. There were three reasons I picked pzmxmas this week:

• This FMM session was held 2 days before christmas, so I wanted to run a wad with a christmas theme;
  • The wad is a monster massacre wad;
  • The wad probably never had any playtime. The wad and the amount of work that has been put into it does not deserve that in my opinion.

And although you don't like the pick, according to the connection log and from what I've seen many other people do like the pick. So for me: mission accomplished. Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! That is quite funny that you would make other people play something that you yourself gave such a low score to before. But - for once - I'd have to agree with your arguments for choosing it. It's not like there are so many Xmas-themed WADs to pick from. I still hope for an Xmas CTF someday!

...although you can always run sprite/sound replacements instead.

BTW Ronnie - not that it really matters - but what is the point in giving a start time for the event if you and your retard bot are then going to kick it off 2hrs early?
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
...if you and your retard bot are then going to kick it off 2hrs early?

Looks like Ronald started off a fashion Laughing
[DA]DarthBane
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITS fun closing the door people
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who - or what - are the "door people"? Surprised
Mediocre_Rebel
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are a few possible bugs in this wad.
The menu is all fudged-up, and on map06 there is a broken lift. I'm not sure if there's any more, but I found those while trying to play the wad with someone else.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mediocre_Rebel wrote:
I think there are a few possible bugs in this wad.
The menu is all fudged-up, and on map06 there is a broken lift. I'm not sure if there's any more, but I found those while trying to play the wad with someone else.

I think you are right about that. But erm, I don't see what it is you want with your post. Do you want the authors to know about the possible bugs or do you want to ask for permission to fix the bugs yourself and release a fixed version? Or are you trying to say something else? What the fuck do you want man? Razz
Mediocre_Rebel
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bugs like with the lift will make it impossible to progress while playing the wad. Soo.... I thought I'd let you guys know so maybe someone could fix it. I could fix it, but I'm doubting I will be able to contact the author.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could just fix the lift in that map and load it as an optional wad, that will not be distributed, on top of the original wad on the server only. that way you dont need to ask the author and the server propagates the correct behaviour to the clients. the clients do not need the fixed map locally.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we make a patch-fix? If so, this might be fun to run tuesday night as a Christmas-event, because there are no organised events on tuesday.

@Mediocre_Rebel

Could you tell me where the bug exactly is?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: