ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WNF #11 - ZodiacCTF

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Tuesday Night Flags
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: WNF #11 - ZodiacCTF Reply with quote

Hi everyone

This week were planning to play ZodiacCFT, (correct me if I'm wrong my memory isn't great, but) these maps were orginally created for DM my Milian, but with help from Cybershark turned it into a CTF wad. These maps were orignially created for a small player base, so it could be intense if we reach the 8vs8 player limit :).

IWAD: Doom 2
PWADs: zodiac2e
zodctf-mp1a
zodctf-zdsaddon
zod2emus

Date: Wednesday 26th October 2011
European Session: 19:00GMT / 20:00BST / 15:00EDT
US session: 20:00EDT / 00:00 GMT / 01.00 BST
Locations: l@p / Dwango United NJ (1.09 servers)

Maps: (02-08, 10, 12-15, 17-19, 22, 23, 25)
DMFLAGS: 91204 / 131080
Teams: 2
Clients: 32 (8vs8 + 16 spectators)
Scorelimit: 5
Timelimit: 10 minutes
Skill: Nightmare
Voting: Map change, and reset

L@P server link: zds://78.47.203.70:10612
NJ server link: zds://208.167.245.123:10602

Hope to see you on Wednesday guys!
jacky40411
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift on 3rd.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: WNF #11 - ZodiacCTF Reply with quote

Swifty just made my Tuesday Smile

SwiftShot wrote:
...these maps were orginally created for DM my Milian, but with help from Cybershark turned it into a CTF wad. These maps were orignially created for a small player base, so it could be intense if we reach the 8vs8 player limit Smile.

Milian crafted Zodiac, I converted some of those maps to CTF versions, and I also made some brand new maps for it. As Zodiac DM ran for two cycles of 12 maps, the plan was to have an mp1 of smaller scale CTF maps, and an mp2 with larger ones. Never quite finished the full set of maps, but there's plenty here to play Smile

I noticed the DMFLAGS2 were altered from the ZDS settings to allow target names. That's cool, as the only problem with it before was that the maps have a few invisibility items, but 1.09 no longer shows names for invisible players Cool

But you forgot to add a vox to the lineup?

Don't forget to all do yourselves a favour and grab Milian's add-on Zodiac music pack: zod2emus. It's big-ish, but the music in it is of much better quality than the standard MIDI arrangements, and comes recommended by Kilgore himself:
Kilgore wrote:
...outstanding, original music by Milian. Make sure to download the accompanying music pack (zod2emus.wad) and obviously turn music on. You won't regret it Smile

Will almost definitely be in for both Euro and US, and an email to Milian has been deployed Wink
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A vox was not forgotten; we just figured that it's obvious Wink
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh, in theory, yes. I just remember a few ZDSes where it was not so obvious to hosts Razz

This was pretty fun on Wednesday. Thanks again to everyone that attended!

Euro seemed to attract players pretty soon, although the server did not get full. Sadly, the early maps scared off a lot of players, and Worst and I were alone in there after only about an hour. Thanks for [GS]Engineer for all his negative comments - they really made me laugh!

US side was painful to start. I waited 15mins with no-one, then Swift joined up, but it was only after another 15mins (when Kilgore joined) that people figured out there was a game on. Then they came flooding in, and stayed!
I skipped the server out to the later better-suited maps, and played for about 1.5hrs. Left the server still busy, and didn't hear a single complaint - not even about lack of jumping! Oh, and it had completely vanquished the full ZDCTF server that had been playing earlier Cool

Nice to see Lyfe in game, and [SIN]Torment was unquestionably the player of the evening Smile
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Cybershark. Sorry I couldn't be around for the Euro session, I've been really busy with work recently, and it was a small miricle that i was able to turn up for the US session :). Hopefully I'll be around more for the future sessions though.

Also thanks again to everyone who played, and made this weeks session a success.

And, what else do you expect from the infamous Cha0tix :)
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only they could host on brazil servers ofr latin america Crying or Very sad

well, im gonna go on the next one!
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could maybe host a server in Brazil as a test run for next week's session if you'd like?

If it works for FYBO, I guess we could do something similar for WNF :)
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are right! it could be cool!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Tuesday Night Flags All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: