ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banned by Troll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maudwick
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Banned by Troll Reply with quote

I was playing on [LA] New York DBZone Remake server. There was a troll in game, and they somehow rejoined with my name. The troll (with the same name) called a vote to ban me which succeeded. Is there anything that can be done? Is this really what ZDaemon has become?
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA is a bunch of retards. flunky with a childish retort in 5... 4...
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Banned by Troll Reply with quote

Maudwick wrote:
Is this really what ZDaemon has become?

Most certainly not. You can have awesome games on proper coop wads, where your team mates chose to help you rather than to shoot you off ledges into death pits. It just depends on what you play. The design and appeal of these LA-world maps encourage this type of behaviour thus attracting plenty of life's social rejects to wreak butthurt to the innocents.

I understand the other appeal of these maps: they're relaxing, possibly even a bit fun when you have time to kill. But hey, there's nothing stopping you from setting up your own passworded server and sharing that password with your buddies.
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Banned by Troll Reply with quote

Maudwick wrote:
Banned by Troll

I was playing on [LA] New York DBZone Remake server ......

You don't realise how many times we've seen people complain about this shitty troll wad. DBZone is designed for trolling / teamkilling, and if you don't like that, I strongly advise you go and play another wad. There are plenty of better coop wads out there, just because they aren't populated with 16 idiots, dosn't mean you can't play them.
Dannyboy
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bealive the person you're talking about was banned for impersonating nick names including mine. Talk to FLunky see if he can remove your ban.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kick-Vote bans last for 15 minutes. You don't need to talk to any admin: the ban has long been lifted already. However... an impersonation ban lasts considerably longer than 15 minutes. You can guess what happened Laughing
Maudwick
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for your advice and comments. I do realize that there are several wads out there with level designs that encourage this type of behavior. This was the first time I had experienced a troll impersonating me. I was also unaware that the ban was only 15 minutes. I was able to log into it later and enjoy the maps. If I may ask, what are some good hosted co-op wads that seem to discourage trolling?
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this tonight
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Maudwick wrote:
If I may ask, what are some good hosted co-op wads that seem to discourage trolling?

Tbh, there aren't many that are notorious for trolling. So long as you avoid a couple of mappacks and server hosts then you shouldn't have any real problems.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Maudwick wrote:
If I may ask, what are some good hosted co-op wads that seem to discourage trolling?

Nearly all of them discourage trolling. The exceptions are DBzone and some of the "la-"wads.
GLUM
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since trolls and griefers have been able to easily evade bans and exploit the name faking commands, I can see where you are coming from. We can't really trust players by their names anymore(at least from my experience). All you can do is enjoy the game while there are no trolls.
CooBlu
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use DBZone unless it's single player. Honestly, there are a lot of better servers out there anyway. To put a 6-page rant simple... steer clear of ~LA and DBZone. Well, unless you checked the player list. Have fun and don't feed the trolls!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: