ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[LA] Lava World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DoomPlayerSince1995
has entered the game!


Joined: 20 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lockwolf wrote:
cheezpluscrack wrote:
rygrass wrote:
Why is this person making serveral accounts to try back him self up?


Yeah, it's impossible for more than one person to have a dissenting opinion!


Its not impossible but when someone with a shitty username that has a join date of a week ago and his first post is in this thread, its pretty suspicious. Also, when someone here has "been playing Doom since 1995" and has a join date of 5 days ago and says its the best wad ever made since Doom came out, the chance that its one guy making multiple forum accounts raises a ton!

Or maybe fans of the map found this thread and everyone being babies about it for no reason so they don't want the creator to give up. You can't rocket jump your way out of that logic or use Doom Builder to find a way out of it. Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dewww
Spamming!


Joined: 29 Dec 2006

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomPlayerSince1995 wrote:
Or maybe fans of the map found this thread and everyone being babies about it for no reason so they don't want the creator to give up. You can't rocket jump your way out of that logic or use Doom Builder to find a way out of it. :o

the two defining points of your character seem to be your irrational love towards LA worlds and your claim of playing doom since 1995. this has nothing to do with LA worlds themselves, your character here is just incredibly shallow and you lack credibility to defend flunky without coming off as his flunky. *pada pssh*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DoomPlayerSince1995
has entered the game!


Joined: 20 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewww wrote:
DoomPlayerSince1995 wrote:
Or maybe fans of the map found this thread and everyone being babies about it for no reason so they don't want the creator to give up. You can't rocket jump your way out of that logic or use Doom Builder to find a way out of it. Surprised

the two defining points of your character seem to be your irrational love towards LA worlds and your claim of playing doom since 1995. this has nothing to do with LA worlds themselves, your character here is just incredibly shallow and you lack credibility to defend flunky without coming off as his flunky. *pada pssh*

I guess it's irrational because you don't like it. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark
Spamming!


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Location: off the grid, but still fighting for the users!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomPlayerSince1995 wrote:
I think everyone is just whining because they realized how bad they are at Doom and want to blame you for challenging them.

You know how many times I've heard this same type of ridiculous "You only hate Brit10/map01/whatever-the-hell because you suck at it!" argument over the years?

Pathetic.

DoomPlayerSince1995 wrote:
...I mean that one guy said he had to use Doom Builder to cheat to win!!! XDD

I'd look at this as perhaps being more of a criticism of the map than the player. If people are having to open up editors then, just maybe the way through is too obscure - or not clear enough?

I've had to use Doombuilder to find the way in co-op maps on occasion. Why? Well yes, I do suck at co-op but - and call me old fashioned here - I don't enjoy spending an hour on a map, only to then realise that it's been broken for the last 45mins and is impossible to exit.

So your argument is still full of fail.


And also, don't be making Flunky out to be the injured party here. At the time of making this thread he seemed to be under the impression that his maps and servers were universally popular - because I guess he'd not really had anyone say different before - and the whole issue was just this one-sided whitewash. Anyone that's been talking crap about said maps has been doing him a service by pointing out that they are not appreciated by all.


Anyways, it's nice to see the forumtroll population is slowly creeping back up Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
EarthQuake
Spamming!


Joined: 02 Apr 2004
Location: Athens, Ohio. Dieblieber gonna getcha!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm totally diggin' this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SwiftShot
Spamming!


Joined: 19 Sep 2009
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire, England

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a little ironic that some newbie (who none of us even know, or have ever heard of) is telling us we all suck, yet some of us were playing this game before he was born, Oh well :)

PS, I echo everything CShark said above.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
DoomPlayerSince1995
has entered the game!


Joined: 20 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
I don't enjoy spending an hour on a map, only to then realise that it's been broken for the last 45mins and is impossible to exit.

Is lying about maps considered trolling in the forum rules because all the maps are possible to clear. I've played through them multiple times with buddies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark
Spamming!


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Location: off the grid, but still fighting for the users!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. You calling me a troll?
I'd be offended, but I've been TrollingSince1995 and you still have a way to go Smile

Also, if you'd played anything but Lavaworld, then you'd realise that other maps are frequently broken in multiplayer. My first experience of this was on Eternall, and my most recent was on this weekend's ZDS when Flunky declared Factoryworld map01 to be unwinnable, and we had to skip it.

Keep it coming, I can go on until threadlock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cheezpluscrack
has entered the game!


Joined: 18 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
and my most recent was on this weekend's ZDS when Flunky declared Factoryworld map01 to be unwinnable,


1. This thread is about Lavaworld, not Factoryworld!

2. Flunky changed some minor things right before ZDS, and made a mistake. That's not indicative of the overall quality of the wad. He corrected that mistake right after, and the problem didn't exist before that version. I've played all the way through both Lavaworld and Factoryworld, and all maps were winnable.

I'm not sure I get most of the complaints about these maps. What coop maps don't boil down to hit the switch, find the key, open the door? Doom is pretty limited in what it can accomplish. There are specialty maps for racing, rocketjumping and so on. But if you aren't going for that, what do you suggest? JUST monsters? Monsters in rooms, monsters popping up behind you, monsters everywhere! That sounds mind-numbing to me. It's been done to death, and I'm tired of it now.

And then you guys say this has all been done before. Well please please please point me to some more wads like these. Give me some wads that combine scale and platforming like Lavaworld and Factoryworld do, because I'm having trouble finding them. There are race wads, but those only provide one half of the equation. And they turn the game into a competition rather than a team effort.

I'm being serious here, if there really are tons of wads out there like these, then please tell me which ones—whether you like them or hate them. It's difficult trying to find what you're looking for in the huge archives of wads that are out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftShot
Spamming!


Joined: 19 Sep 2009
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire, England

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play DBzone, I think you would suit that enviroment, Hell even LA host it so you don't even have to move out of your comfort zone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
cheezpluscrack
has entered the game!


Joined: 18 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBZone sucks ass compared to the -worlds wads. The map designs are weak, and there isn't even that much platforming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lockwolf
Spamming!


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Location: Nakremy's Pants Posts: More than you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheezpluscrack wrote:
DBZone sucks ass compared to the -worlds wads. The map designs are weak, and there isn't even that much platforming.


So basically your idea of a good map is good design and platforming?

Go fucking play Mirrors Edge and stop pushing your baby shit wad as the greatest thing since girl on girl porn if thats what makes a good game for you.

Also, Flunky, I still challenge you to a map off...Just saying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheezpluscrack
has entered the game!


Joined: 18 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lockwolf wrote:
cheezpluscrack wrote:
DBZone sucks ass compared to the -worlds wads. The map designs are weak, and there isn't even that much platforming.


So basically your idea of a good map is good design and platforming?

Go fucking play Mirrors Edge and stop pushing your baby shit wad as the greatest thing since girl on girl porn if thats what makes a good game for you.

Also, Flunky, I still challenge you to a map off...Just saying


Sorry, this discussion is for people who actually play doom, and don't just sit in the IRC chat all day!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lockwolf
Spamming!


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Location: Nakremy's Pants Posts: More than you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheezpluscrack wrote:
Sorry, this discussion is for people who actually play doom, and don't just sit in the IRC chat all day!


Its funny since 99% of the time I see you, you're idling in IRC till someone hops in one of your Worlds wads.

Just saying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheezpluscrack
has entered the game!


Joined: 18 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lockwolf wrote:
Its funny since 99% of the time I see you, you're idling in IRC till someone hops in one of your Worlds wads.

Just saying


I leave zlauncher open, but I play more than just coop. I play 1on1 and CTF all the time. Ask anyone! When I'm playing the -worlds wads, I'm usually playing them with friends (some of us have those) that I'm talking to on Skype. They're the best wads to play with friends!

Also I'll kick your ass in Entryway. Belie dat!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lockwolf
Spamming!


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Location: Nakremy's Pants Posts: More than you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheezpluscrack wrote:
lockwolf wrote:
Its funny since 99% of the time I see you, you're idling in IRC till someone hops in one of your Worlds wads.

Just saying


I leave zlauncher open, but I play more than just coop. I play 1on1 and CTF all the time. Ask anyone! When I'm playing the -worlds wads, I'm usually playing them with friends (some of us have those) that I'm talking to on Skype. They're the best wads to play with friends!

Also I'll kick your ass in Entryway. Belie dat!


Yeah, I also work 40 hours a week, run a recording studio, map, run a side business, have a life and get out from behind my computer. Sure, I leave IRC running but that doesn't mean I don't play.

How old are you? 12? Fucker I've been playing Doom before you were born, you have no stance on saying whether or not I play doom because I was kicking ass and taking names before the mistake you are today was born. You can sit here behind your 4 different forum accounts and defend this lame excuse for a wad all you want but NEVER EVER say that I or another person on this board doesn't play Doom. I'm really tempted to find out where you live, fly there and take my Shareware 3 1/4 Floppy and shove it so down your throat that you'll be bleeding every month like the little girl you are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheezpluscrack
has entered the game!


Joined: 18 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lockwolf wrote:
Yeah, I also work 40 hours a week, run a recording studio, map, run a side business, have a life and get out from behind my computer. Sure, I leave IRC running but that doesn't mean I don't play.

How old are you? 12? Fucker I've been playing Doom before you were born, you have no stance on saying whether or not I play doom because I was kicking ass and taking names before the mistake you are today was born. You can sit here behind your 4 different forum accounts and defend this lame excuse for a wad all you want but NEVER EVER say that I or another person on this board doesn't play Doom. I'm really tempted to find out where you live, fly there and take my Shareware 3 1/4 Floppy and shove it so down your throat that you'll be bleeding every month like the little girl you are.


Kicking ass 50 years ago doesn't mean much today, grandpa! The game has evolved beyond what you're capable of. And as for your threats, I do all my fighting in doom! You wanna take me down, come play Entryway. I dare you to get even 20 on me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lockwolf
Spamming!


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Location: Nakremy's Pants Posts: More than you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheezpluscrack wrote:
Kicking ass 50 years ago doesn't mean much today, grandpa! The game has evolved beyond what you're capable of. And as for your threats, I do all my fighting in doom! You wanna take me down, come play Entryway. I dare you to get even 20 on me.


Try 17. I'm 21 and in my prime bitch.

Nobody plays Entryway, its all about D5M1 bitch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheezpluscrack
has entered the game!


Joined: 18 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lockwolf wrote:
Try 17. I'm 21 and in my prime bitch.

Nobody plays Entryway, its all about D5M1 bitch


Sounds like someone's scarrrrred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftShot
Spamming!


Joined: 19 Sep 2009
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire, England

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheezpluscrack (what kind of name is that anyway?)

I like your fight and everything dude, but damn, really you should learn a little respect for people who have been in this community long before you probably knew about the internet. It just makes me laugh that you and your new forum friend (who many of us believe is the same person as you) are giving it the big 'I am' saying we all suck, and how you ....would 'rape us' (sorry still laughing at this statement) at entryway. Anyway my point is, if you want to go anywhere here, maybe you could respect people, who have played a zillion other wads, and have much more experience on this front than you do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group