ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CTF player holding flag at match end drops flag in new match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: CTF player holding flag at match end drops flag in new match Reply with quote

A CTF player holding a flag at the end of a previous match (during timeout for example) will drop the flag (at the same location they were when the previous match ended) right as the new match begins, the announcer also says *X flag dropped*. If the two maps overlap properly, one can run to the location (assuming they knew where to look) or stumble apon the dropped flag, pick it up and score it. Not sure if the dropped flag is a copy or if the same color flag is missing from respective base at match start.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember something similar... The idea is, if the player holding the flag at the end of the game, disconnects in any way from the server, upon the next map start, the flag would be either be missing for 15 seconds until it returns or spawn at Player 1 start, making it significantly easier for one team to score.
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've seen this too.

It often happens if a player has the flag on the end of ZDCTF map03, and then as soon as the game starts on ZDCTF map04, the player carrying the flag in the previous map will quit / leave the game, and drop the flag on the new map, often in his own base to give his team a free score. As I auto-demo, I might be able to show what I mean, I'll have a look through when I've got some spare time.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen it before 1.09 for sure, but recently I have seen it three times within the span of a week... Last one was Map12 to Map13 ZDCTF, and was actually scored right away much to the dismay of the blue team LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed in b24
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Fixed Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: