ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Couple of my cool binds/aliases
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Couple of my cool binds/aliases Reply with quote

I figured while making a few new 'tools' today that some others might find some use (especially newer/inexperienced players) in my scripts other than the infamous SR50 binds. Wink

Of course, you will pretty much need to open zdoom.ini in notepad and look for [Doom.Bindings] for binds (code blocks that don't include Name= and Command= parings) and [Doom.ConsoleAliases] for the pairings I just mentioned in parenthesis.

Both categories are right next to each other in the zdoom.ini. Alternatively, you can just copy and paste to the console with bind (bind q "slot 7") or alias commands (alias pinkcolor "color \"ff 00 ff\"") to set them there.

I'm a proponent of eliminating monotony from player choice options, and I figure people might like some stuff I've cooked up.

Vote Binds

Really elementary, but a ton better than hitting T and typing 'yes' or 'no' every single time a vote comes up. Everyone should have something like this.

Code:
pgup=say yes
pgdn=say no

Freelook Toggle

I get asked every so often about my freelook toggle bind, which is actually really simple.

Code:
f1=toggle freelook;centerview

So you just strike F1 or whatever key you choose to center view and toggle freelook, so you don't get just stuck with no freelook as your vertical view is out of whack.

Gun Visibility Toggle

You know how you're playing vertical maps like Judas or defending the top in zdctf's MAP08 and you think there's a dude under your gun but you can't check because your stupid gun hates you and is in your way like a 4 year old? There's an app for that!

Code:
shift=toggle r_drawplayersprites

This toggle outright gets rid of the player's gun sprites and can help in tight situations. I chose Shift because it's nice and accessible. Smile

Crosshair Quickswitch

This is actually quite advanced, but nifty! I will paste first the aliases:

Code:
Name=crosstoggleon
Command=crosshair 1;bind f2 crosstoggleoff;bind mouse3 +crossholdoff
Name=crosstoggleoff
Command=crosshair 0;bind f2 crosstoggleon;bind mouse3 +crossholdon
Name=+crossholdon
Command=crosshair 1
Name=-crossholdon
Command=crosshair 0
Name=+crossholdoff
Command=crosshair 0
Name=-crossholdoff
Command=crosshair 1

And now the binds:

Code:
f2=crosstoggleon
mouse3=+crossholdon

This is really a two-part script. First, the F2 key will serve as a master switch to flip your chosen crosshair (I like the short cross(1) best) on or off, while simultaneously and dynamically rebinding my mouse3 button to let me hold it down to flip the crosshair to the reverse setting for as long as I hold it.

For example, I can flip on the crosshair, and hold down mouse3 to disable it temporarily. It works vice versa as well without you having to do anything extra! Pretty sweet. If you want to change the keys make sure you're going through the aliases too, they're set in there as well!

Be sure you know what all the crosshair numbers in the console correspond to if you intend to edit the crosshair in the script~

Enemy/Teammate Color Quickswitch

This is my favorite. Some of you may have already seen the force teammate and enemy color options in the Display part of the Options menu. This takes it to a new level. As before the aliases come first:

Code:
Name=colorcycle
Command=colorcycle0
Name=colorcycle0
Command=teammate_color "ff 00 00";enemy_color "00 00 ff";echo "TEAM RED COLORS LOADED";alias colorcycle colorcycle1
Name=colorcycle1
Command=teammate_color "00 00 ff";enemy_color "ff 00 00";echo "TEAM BLUE COLORS LOADED";alias colorcycle colorcycle2
Name=colorcycle2
Command=teammate_color "ff ff ff";enemy_color "70 ff 70";echo "QUAKE COLORS LOADED";alias colorcycle colorcycle3
Name=colorcycle3
Command=teammate_color "00 00 00";enemy_color "ff 00 ff";echo "XEN COLORS LOADED";alias colorcycle colorcycle0

And now the binds:

Code:
f3=toggle zd_overridecolors
f4=colorcycle

What this does is F3 will enable the color override for enemies and friendlies, and F4 will cycle through my 4 presets, from Red Team (Brighter red and blue for allies and enemies, respectively) to Blue Team (Reverse previous) to Quake Colors (Green for enemies, white for friendlies) to my personal favorite (Pink for enemies, black for teammates, because black is easy to ignore and pink is...not so), and on top of that it will tell you in the top right what scheme you've loaded.

Additionally, I have some additional key binds to further streamline the process...

Code:
ins=team 0;zd_overridecolors 1;colorcycle0
home=team 1;zd_overridecolors 1;colorcycle1
del=team 2;zd_overridecolors 0
end=team 3;zd_overridecolors 0

So really, it's easy to just hit a key corresponding to your team and the colors are set up for you already. If you go spectate on green or white, the colors are turned off so you can still see the teams instead of all one color, which is hella weird! Also, those binds are set up in position relation to the teams on the scoreboard, so it's easy to remember which one does what.

And who said I didn't love you guys? Cool
mikehail
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater quit cheating you cheating cheater
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nifty! Although I don't use any of those, it's good to give examples for newer players so that they can customize their keyboard layout and binds Smile
[BK>Bulb
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice overview xenaero, I might add a couple of binds from my store aswell Very Happy

I configured the freelook toggle a bit different. With what I use now I can center the view and turn the crosshair off by hitting the key once and turn it back on with a crosshair 1 by pressing the key twice. The bind looks like:
Code:
bind q "crosshair 0; centerview; freelook 0;"
doublebind q "crosshair 1; freelook 1;"

Another thing I find very useful for me (because I am very very very lazy) is the weapon switching. I decided to re-configure the classic weapon switch which works like:
Code:
mwheelup - nextweap
mwheeldown - prevweap

Here is my re-configuration:
Code:
bind mwheelup "slot 3"
bind mwheeldown "weapprev"
doublebind mwheelup "slot 7"
doublebind mwheeldown "slot 5"

With that set I can get my SSG by turning the mouse wheel up once, BFG with turning it up twice, RL with turning down twice and switch to previous weapon with turning down once. The disadvantage here is pretty clear. Accessing CG/Plasma is an obstacle, but I do not use those weapon much.

Next thing I tried to solve is turning off the autoaim for my RL, because I love RL and with "autoaim always" rockets really do not go the correct direction. The idea is that switching to RL turns the autoaim off while switching to any other weapon (or spawning) turns the autoaim back on:
Code:
bind mwheelup "slot 3; autoaim 5000"
doublebind mwheelup "slot 7; autoaim 5000"
bind mwheeldown "weapprev; autoaim 5000"
doublebind mwheeldown "slot 5; autoaim 0"
bind space "+use; autoaim 5000"

Last thing is the weapon switching problem which was caused when I joined a NS server and played on an OS one before. This bug was already solved I think though (has not happened for a long time to me personally), but here is a very simple way I used to "fix" it:
bind m "pickup_switch_method 2"
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent posts! I've been working on a stickied thread as a collection of binds and player settings for the help & chatter section, does anyone mind if I copy paste some of these into it when it's ready? I'll give full credit in the sticky to you guys.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... mine suck.

Code:
bind f fly

Code:
bind c noclip

Code:
bind s "summon doomimp"

Code:
bind d "mdk;mdk;mdk;mdk;mdk"

Also, for some reason, my mouselook toggle uses doublebinds. Never thought about using "toggle freelook".
I hate you all. Hah. Not really, I'll probably steal all of ur binds.
Gyrossman
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autospawn - when you're tired of hitting that spacebar.

Code:
[Doom.ConsoleAliases]
Name=autospawn1
Command=+use;bind j autospawn2
Name=autospawn2
Command=-use;bind j autospawn1

[Doom.Bindings]
j=autospawn2

Some may say this is useless, and I'd agree, but on certain maps it can be pain in the ass for spawnwhores:

Welkin wrote:
its impossible to respawnkilling him with that
nice glitch man

say_team health - tell your teammates what your health/armor is

Code:
shift=say_team running the flag! i'm at %h/%a

This one is classic and, too, not very useful. Especially since almost everyone is using sitrep nowadays. Still, we should have it on the list.

Spectators are talking alot - how to shut them up without turning the chat completely

Code:
ins=chat_block spec
del=chat_unblock spec

This one is gold. During league matches spectators like to talk alot, myself included, which can be annoying. This way you still can see all your team chat or if your opponent has something to say.

Automap - plan your attacks in CTF a bit

Code:
enter=togglemap;teammate_color white

This is what I use on huge maps like zdctf19 to make sure I'm not going in the offense on my own. I change my teammates color to see those little dots better. Then I turn it back like this:

Code:
space=+use;autoaim 5000;teammate_color black
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread!
Should be stickied with all the useless comments (like this one) edited out.

A favourite of mine:

Code:
[Doom.Bindings]
p=make_popcorn

But hey... where are all those SR-50 binds? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

switcher wrote:
Great thread!

A favourite of mine:

Code:
[Doom.Bindings]
p=make_popcorn

I would avoid stirring up a debate about this. This debate is as old as islam vs christianity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HavocDemon
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
switcher wrote:
Great thread!

A favourite of mine:

Code:
[Doom.Bindings]
p=make_popcorn

I would avoid stirring up a debate about this. This debate is as old as islam vs christianity.

has sr 50 been banned since ive been gone?
i remember some had opinions of course, but it wasnt banned when i was playing a lot back in the day.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SR-50 has not been banned, that is completely ludicrous.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cool binds here, but you can turn off the weapon sprites?
Isn't that one of those fundamental visual things that should probably not be fuckaroundable with? Y'know, like redscreen? If you need to see below you then just change weapon maybe?
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
133. Removed several renderer related CVARs which are inappropriate for
     multiplayer games: r_drawtrans, r_particles, tilt, r_skyboxes,
     r_fogboundary, r_drawmirrors and r_drawplayersprites.

No longer.

Not appropriate in any way in a multiplayer environment.
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF-Domains.net wrote:
Not appropriate in any way in a multiplayer environment.

Trans and Player Sprites were actually useful. We don't all just use a stock config...
BAZOOKA
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. Quakes, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, TF2, Cube 2 and more have option to hide weapons models.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAZOOKA wrote:
Agree. Quakes, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, TF2, Cube 2 and more have option to hide weapons models.

It's not a valid reason to add something to ZDaemon just because it's in some other games.
For example, all those games you've mentioned have bunnyhop (except for Cube 2; never heard of it so I don't know anything about it). That doesn't mean Doom should get bhop too.

Better tell us why disabling weapon sprites is purely a cosmetic effect which gives a player no unfair advantage. Because all I can think of is advantage in some situations.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember that cybershark made a wad named weap_icons.wad. what it did was to remove the weapon sprites and instead show a small gfx at the corner of the screen of the pickup sprite of the currently wielded weapon. maybe shark could post it here. if you insist to have that feature then ask the server admin to load that mod.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, lol, I was just coming to mention that.

Yeah, I have a patch which replaces the gun sprites with 'weapon icons' over on the left of the screen. It doesn't look so hot with regular (speed) gunswitching or with movebob on, but if you have those disabled then it's pretty slick.
Hereya go:
http://zdr.nukelol.com/weap_icons.wad

Again, my personal problem with any of these bindthings is that, unless you happen to actively scour the forums for such info, then you will perhaps never come across such an obvious player advantage. Newbies are at enough of a disadvantage against seasoned players, without throwing shit like this against them. It'd just be one more reason for them to cry "OMG! H4X!", and never return to the port.

But if it's a global feature on a server (or even just an optional PWAD), then that's just fine, to my mind Smile
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SR69MM-JC wrote:
Better tell us why disabling weapon sprites is purely a cosmetic effect which gives a player no unfair advantage. Because all I can think of is advantage in some situations.

I personally like having as much "real estate" as possible.

Removing support in the name of fairness is dumb, as these commands have real no game breaking effect on player skills. But to continue on that Road To Fairness (TM), you might as well remove crosshairs, SR40, SR50, movebob, wallruns, PWO, enemy color overrides, BFG Tracers, the extra pixels you gain without a statusbar, muting of music, enforce strict damage calculations, remove pellet/shell spread, and plenty more if that wasn't enough.

Tell you what, let's try to ship ZD with a read only config, who's set defaults that can't be changed. That way everything will be fair for everyone.

Anyways... I hope neutering customization doesn't pick up on account of people like you crying "its not fair!!".
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a matter of common sense Chaotix. Some of the things which you mention are part of what makes DOOM what it is. Others I think are debatable as to their purpose.

I personally do think that things such as these should be decided by server admins. If there was a DMFLAG which set whether you could do this, then server admins could choose to allow it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: