ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[LA] Lava World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glitchologteam
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EarthQuake wrote:
Anyways, don't get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for people who try new and exciting things, or even begin mapping period, but when you go around with a smug attitude proclaiming how your wad is hot shit (when really it's not that remarkable in the first place), you can expect a fair dose of negative criticism. Also, I am in no way trying to discourage Larissa from mapping, because I think that pretty much any wadauthor can develop their skills and produce quality stuff over time.

But I don't like the direction all this is heading. While Lava World is not the worst wad I have ever played (or even comes close), it is not what I would call a fun coop wad. It's full of confusing layouts, nonsensical progression, 64-wide corridors, "jumping puzzles", mandatory secrets, and instant-kill lava galore. Combine that with friendly fire and this wad is troll bait and consequently not very newb-friendly. If anything, I'd bargain that it's intentionally designed this way.

Well, I cannot say the opposite of you about that smug attitude that cause the creator and those wad itself to get bad critic. And after reading your long post, I can see that you suceeded to say that quality and fun factor are have influence on each other (this is where Im ashamed). This is almost like doing critics in video game in general (where crappy quality game rarely mean fun one (But the opposite is possible too)).

But still, I love this wad as a great hang out because people often come here and I made some friend from there that their goal is NOT to troll zdaemon. This is why I may support Lava World more than most. Its still as enjoyable or more as the original dbzone.

But since you know way more than me about mapmaking, I cannot say anything to your last paragraph.
SwiftShot
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading Earthquake's post, I was intrigued what 'Lava World' was about and wanted to check it out, although when i joined it was pretty full (14/16 people).

As soon as I joined I was voted to be kicked out of the server (at this point i hadn't even joined) by the so called auther of this WAD, [LA]Larissa for god knows what reason Laughing

After being saved by the vote after about 6 people voted yes and no, I was met by cries telling me to 'fuck off and play your shitty survival maps'. She / he also says that in her opinion, this is the best WAD in Zdaemon, yes thats right, nevermind top 10, this is now top of the charts Cool

Soon after, lot's of players were arguing with each other, after team killing each other, and a few classic 'come and 1-1 me now you fucker !11!!!11!' quotes. I asked them why they play this server when it's all about team killing, spamming and trolling each other, but I was answerd the usual 'GTFO N00B' comments.

I left the server a few minutes later, [LA]Larissa's ego had grown to new levels. He / she says that nobody can stop her / him, and LA Lava World is the best server on Zdaemon. It makes the retarded post below asking to enable team damage even more hilarious. It's only a matter of time that he /she is banned from Zdaemon for 'co-op abuse' or whatever they call it nowadays, well I hope.

Other than that I adivse every sane person to STAY AWAY from this terrible wad, there are many more better wads out there Laughing
EarthQuake
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, made my own several appearances on the server. The first time it was the usual fair, about 6 players I've never seen before, dying in lava repeatedly, not making any progress, accidentally shooting each other off of ledges, wandering around with "lemming" skins. Great way to make yourself visible so you don't get shot, right?

Then another time there were only a couple of players, one obviously a newbie with like 40 deaths, and one dude that had no regard for the other player. Lots of angry chatter between the two, but I couldn't understand what they were saying.

Some people might get a kick out of this kind of behavior, but not me. I'll be staying far away from any LA servers. I can't speak for Kilgore, but I can possibly see some action being taken if this shit starts creating a lot of drama amongst new players. Worst case scenario the LA servers get dropped from the master list (because after all, servers advertised to the master server are subject to the TOS).
rygrass
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest as well i even tried this wad to see what the go was?

After joining the sever i got the same thing "my name came up to be vote kicked" When i tried to defend myself all i got was abuse and what not "LOOL NOOB"

After being kicked from the sever with 3 / 7 or what ever i thought na fuck you's, i tried to play in your sever but if you can't get respect around here your sever can die for all i can or be taken down.

Its far worse than that DB_zone7A alteast i can play in that sever if i wanted to..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ManoLO
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get why you all complain about those Lava World WAD/Servers. Ok, if you like a WAD or not, thats a matter of taste, and i have to admit that i do not prefer COOP maps at all.

But nontheless those servers are amongst the most popular ZD servers since the last few months, and all those - as you say - Trolls seem to have a good time and loads of fun there. And if players would love to idle in a black 512x512 room with supergun day and night - whats so wrong about that if they have a good time?

Everybody who does not like that can stay away from this Server - they have, let me look....atm 537 other Servers to choose from.

And the creator of this thread - Larissa - can be proud of that & i bet that has been her intention to create this thread. Why not?

Congratulations Larissa, keep up this good work!
djv12xd
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL team killing its stupid, I think that have to been removed in coop and survival, people who want to play normally have to support trolls. LA worlds are for ST I guess, maybe that wads are famous (too much people playing) but that DOESNT says that its a good and funny wad, there are too much good infamous wads to play to keep doing team kill, do you want to kill other players? Go to a FFA, thats all.

sorry if I get a bit aggressive
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Okami-AIK
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djv12xd wrote:
DOESNT says that its a good and funny wad

heh is funny for me djv.

Heh, stop with this, guys if you don't like the server simply doesn't enter. ZDaemon have 535 servers now, maybe 500 without the servers of [LA]Larissa.

why take them off if people have fun there?

stop with this, just quit from the servers -This is for you Larissa- the team kill.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManoLO wrote:
I dont get why you all complain about those Lava World WAD/Servers. Ok, if you like a WAD or not, thats a matter of taste, and i have to admit that i do not prefer COOP maps at all.

Mano, it shouldn't be remotely unclear - even to your tomato-addled brain. Larissa came in here basically bragging about how popular the server and WAD are. What did you expect people's responses would be?

ManoLO wrote:
Larissa - can be proud of that & i bet that has been his intention to create this thread. Why not?

Nobody else ever felt a need to make such a thread. It's just so damn narcissistic that of course people find it objectionable!

ManoLO wrote:
And if players would love to idle in a black 512x512 room with supergun day and night - whats so wrong about that if they have a good time?

No real problem if they stick to idling, but when newbies go join this popular server and get treated like shit then that is not good advertising for Zdaemon.

Let's go back to the original question:
[LA]Larissa wrote:
is Lava World in the top 10 of the most popular servers?

Sure, it currently is, but if it's so great then why are you the only one who hosts it...?
I think somebody should submit it to DoomWorld and let's see what they make of it Twisted Evil

Also, 'envious hollow heads' is one of the best insults I've heard since Master's heyday.
djv12xd
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
I think somebody should submit it to DoomWorld and let's see what they make of it Twisted Evil

Excellent answer Cybershark, there are the true mappers Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ManoLO
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to the original question, good idea.

So Shark, why did the threadstarter create a thread like that? I think it was a moment of happiness and satisfaction. Why else? I see no other reason for creating a thread like this.

And in such moments not everybody is thinking about that it may sound kind of "arrogant" or like "bragging". Me at least, I did not consider it like that.

Nontheless, its all good, play more FFA - the friendly game mode with the knightly players where killing each other is welcome! Wink
EarthQuake
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManoLO wrote:
Why else?

Unless there's some sort of language barrier involved here, I perceived it as "hey look at me! my servers are full of people! my wad is the best!" I'm willing to bet the majority of forum-goers that replied to this thread also thought the same (sorry if you're not included). It's really obvious, especially after keeping a watchful eye on the LA servers/other threads/IRC. If you don't think it was obvious, then whatever. We're not to blame here. And if Larissa was really just wanted to find some means to express her/his happiness, it could have been handled in a more humble and mature manner.

Furthermore, she/he hasn't responded to this thread with anything to defend or explain her/himself other than "you are all jealous of me!"

Oh fucking please.
[LA]FLunky
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by [LA]FLunky on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evolution
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These LA-Worlds WADs have a different audience to us old and intermediate/pro players. They look like good fun for young newbs! As for trolls be trollin', well it is to be expected for things as relaxed and popular as these. Best way to combat it is to share rcon to players you have good trust in - you know, the ones that aren't stupid! Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larissa, your replies are almost as incoherent as your mapping Laughing

Believe it or not, Earthquake probably wrote that critique to help you out. You're a fairly newbie mapper and he has some experience. I'm sure he'd have said some good things if there were any to say.

And funny you should mention 'kindergarten'? After looking at Lavaworld myself then that is exactly where it looks like it came from. I could probably make better co-op maps than this but, as Dirty Harry once said, "A man's gotta know his limitations". I know that those maps would still suck, and so I spare the public the ordeal.
Emui-Tan
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindergarden, indeed. Matured, oldschool "intermediate/pros" eagerly chewed a bait, and even joined a servers, lol. So many efforts to save a lost soul, and gude it to a shiny way of a Real Mapping. While topicstarter truly lookd like of have no any mapping or trolling skillz, many people here so cheap, so they even join a servers or jump in conversation. So, this is work fine then, and suit community. So yes, i agree, it really lookd like as jealosy or kindergarden /!\
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SwiftShot
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it rather ironic that everyone who supports this WAD has a severe lack of English skills. Says alot about the type of people who play it Laughing
Thadeuss
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt not being able to speak English properly has any reflection on the type of person someone is. I for one welcome people here who can't speak English, after all,there are other languages out there and they are just as important as ours.

As for this server, and maps, I have to say I'm out of touch as I've never played the wad or been on this server. If it's the type of server that promotes trolling players then absolutely I think this is bad for ZD, as any new players that see a popular server, go in, and get treated like crap are liable not to return.

Other than that, people are free to play what they want. Let's keep it civil.
[FEAR]Tobi
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol coop
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UBR]SwiftShot wrote:
Says alot about the type of people who play it Laughing

Indeed! I wanted to give it a go for a few minutes and got randomly kicked by two idiots, for no apparent reason. They just called a vote on me and bam.
rygrass
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tried to play agian i got kick 13 times

I couldn't be f**ked reseting my ip anymore. so i gave up

That sever is really bad, take off callvote kicking and i think you wouldn't see as many trolls in there
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: