ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More bullet puffs for the come of merged weapon lists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomerMrT
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: More bullet puffs for the come of merged weapon lists Reply with quote

For the merged weapon lists: it would be a good idea to be able to use different bullet puffs in doom too, not just one type. Now whenever I use dehsupp to make a weapon use a heretic hitscan attack, I cannot set a different puff. It will always use one type for all weapons.
EarthQuake
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we shouldn't be encouraging ZDaemon to adopt any ZDaemon-only DeHackEd features, my suggestion would be that the bullet puff should be dependant on the codepointer used. So if the Elven Wand firing codepointer was used on a weapon in Doom, it would spawn the Elven Wand bullet puffs. Same with the Dragonclaw, powered-up versions, Sapphire Wand, and so on...

Since those codepointers basically do the same thing (with the possible exception of damage dealt), I think this would be sufficient enough. So in order to take advantage of the bullet puffs, you would have to supply the appropriate sprites (otherwise there'd be no puff). I'm not sure how ZDoom handles this, but I would guess it would be exactly as how I described.

I think this would be a suitable resolution.
BestOfTheWorst
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Implemented for the upcoming version, the pufftype will be choosen based on the codepointer used.

Code:
238. Assigned proper puffs for each hitscan attack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: