ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oceania Section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Oceania Section Reply with quote

Is that the end of the Oceania section of the tournament forums? I still think we should have kept it in case it ever got going again. Is there no way of bringing it back?
Dannyboy
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it is the end of the Oceanic side. Hopefully later in the future some activity will sprout but it's not very likely.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know why the entire section was deleted? I mean there were years of threads there and now, if people from that region want to resurrect games there at some point, they have no where specific to them. Even if the section wasn't active, it seems really drastic to delete the entire thing does it not?

Tournaments were ran there from the past, and now those threads aren't there for people to look over; that's part of the history of ZD as a port.

I really hope there's a change of heart about this and the section can be restored from a backup as it seems such a shame to wipe it off the map so to speak. I've known players from that region for years, and they still play, if only occasionally. All that tournament section needed was 4 players willing to play some small tournaments and just keep going with it until others get interested. If the tournaments are there, no matter how small, people will get interested eventually.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The section has not been deleted.

It is still around and can be made viewable again if picked up at some stage in the future.

Aside from the recent tournament related posts, there was very little to no activity in that section for a protacted period of time.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep i thought as much, if you were going to delete it. There are some threads that need to be keeped for old times sake and other shit..

aslong as it hasn't been deleted thats cool tho.

But no harm in not showing it? its been there for over 10 years like Thad said

Really hope it can be brought back.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why locking those threads? Just keep them open, you never know what happens. Now your just killing it entirely. Giving it no chance, giving up actually.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering there seem to be about 2-6 in the Oceanic region on at any given time...

Aswell as a previous attempt at reviving it falling flat.

The chances look distinctly bleak at present.

If enough interest is shown, the section will be unlocked.

Nothing stops anyone from posting a possible interest here, aslong as you can also get the activity aswell.
Heero
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... This thread is almost a year old!

I've tried coming back to the game a few times in the past what, 4-5 years? But my account was always frozen and I could never be bothered getting it sorted out (and then I bit the bullet and had a new one activated).

I did enjoy reading the Oceanic forums even if unable to post replies though Smile, sad to see them disappear. I couldn't believe how many people were still lurking around these parts, so many memories.

I used to be a keyboarder back in the day with my trusty laptop and 56k modem, but when I upgraded my laptop the inability to hold more than 3 keys down at the same time caused me to quit the game overnight.

Anyhow maybe when my gaming mouse gets fixed I'll stop by for a few games, see how I fair. Nothing beats the classics!

Shout outs to Rygrass, m0rgz, Andymun, Scave, jstb4udie, and all you others out there whose names I would recognise in an instant.

GG's

- Wavarian

PS: WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY DOOM 1 SERVERS? AAaaargh! /WRISTS
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heero wrote:
Wow... This thread is almost a year old!

I've tried coming back to the game a few times in the past what, 4-5 years? But my account was always frozen and I could never be bothered getting it sorted out (and then I bit the bullet and had a new one activated).

I did enjoy reading the Oceanic forums even if unable to post replies though Smile, sad to see them disappear. I couldn't believe how many people were still lurking around these parts, so many memories.

I used to be a keyboarder back in the day with my trusty laptop and 56k modem, but when I upgraded my laptop the inability to hold more than 3 keys down at the same time caused me to quit the game overnight.

Anyhow maybe when my gaming mouse gets fixed I'll stop by for a few games, see how I fair. Nothing beats the classics!

Shout outs to Rygrass, m0rgz, Andymun, Scave, jstb4udie, and all you others out there whose names I would recognise in an instant.

GG's

- Wavarian

PS: WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY DOOM 1 SERVERS? AAaaargh! /WRISTS

Much ❤️

I started playing doom on ZDAEMON when I was 14-15 in 2004. Not sure when I stopped, probably 2009? Im now 33, married 10 years and have a 5 year old son. Where did the time go? Amazing memories playing with you boys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: