ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Sr50 alias
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagi
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: My Sr50 alias Reply with quote

one touch sr50 in 2 directions for q and e or anything really

//------strafe run 50---_left/right [ my famous 1 key sr50]

alias "+sr50l" "+forward;+moveleft;+strafe;+left"
alias "-sr50l" "-forward;-moveleft;-left;-strafe"
alias "+sr50r" "+forward;+moveright;+strafe;+right"
alias "-sr50r" "-forward;-moveright;-right;-strafe"
bind "q" "+sr50l"
bind "e" "+sr50r"

someone may have thought of this in my inactiveness over the years but i wrote this on doom connector and legacy like years ago lol. so here it is enjoy.
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone posted something similar several years ago, and this ability is going to be removed in the future; I suggest the disuse of the two key sr50, and just do it the normal way.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it matters, but I never used SR50, I don't even use fancy binds at all.

Now I'm not going to go as far as saying I'm a "Really Really good player" or even a "DoomGod" but I think I am pretty decent, all without the advantages of special binds and movement tricks. And I don't think that using some bind trickery is going to make me that much better either.

What others use is up to them I guess, but putting such an important slice of your game on a feature that could be changed at any time is risky. Too risky for my taste.

What I'm trying to say is, I get along just fine without them, and if anyone is interested in trying these tricks, do so at your own risk.

IMO, it's not worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doomkiller
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Normal" Sr50 is a completely legitimate part of the game. It's no more of a hack than standard Sr40 in terms of the mechanics you're exploiting. I actually don't know many people who don't use it. But single key/multi-bind Sr50 is something I'm not too keen on. If it's going to be removed then I don't have a problem - i probably welcome that.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standard/original SR50 is just fine.

As far as the binded version goes, that is not; SR50 was not designed to be easy to use and accessible to anyone.
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way I've used sr-50 was to just bind one button to strafe so for example using a mouse button to hold it down then just strafe normally, once you get use to it by just playing about on levels with yourself you'll get use to it within probably a few days to a week n bam you can now peg it across capture the flag maps.
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think everyone knows where I have stood on this since SR50 binding went mainstream.
It is a hack!!!
Please remove it in the next release... please please please.
It is painfully obvious watching the one key cheaters doing this.
The sooner this unfair advatage is taken out of n00b hands the better!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom2pro wrote:
Not that it matters, but I never used SR50, I don't even use fancy binds at all.

Now I'm not going to go as far as saying I'm a "Really Really good player" or even a "DoomGod" but I think I am pretty decent, all without the advantages of special binds and movement tricks. And I don't think that using some bind trickery is going to make me that much better either.

What others use is up to them I guess, but putting such an important slice of your game on a feature that could be changed at any time is risky. Too risky for my taste.

What I'm trying to say is, I get along just fine without them, and if anyone is interested in trying these tricks, do so at your own risk.

IMO, it's not worth it.

YES it is, if your good now and start using it, you WILL get better if you get used to it. It is just a fact. That is like saying, yeh im a pretty decent player with the mouse, doesn't mean with keyboard isn't better.

Or when I walk naked outside, I don't have it cold, I can do without clothes!

I don't do it though, I am just too lazy to put on clothes and use SR50
mikehail
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys we should stop using the ssg and jump too, just in case the dev team decides to remove those too, I don't want my whole game ruined by features that can be changed at any time. In fact, we should stop using binds entirely, it really takes away from the skill level of the game IMO, probably pull mouse support as well so we can play doom how it was meant to be played.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignoring the sarcasm and completely inanity from that, the SR50 bind is an unfortunate side-effect.

That specific bind is the issue.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikehail wrote:
Guys we should stop using the ssg and jump too, just in case the dev team decides to remove those too, I don't want my whole game ruined by features that can be changed at any time. In fact, we should stop using binds entirely, it really takes away from the skill level of the game IMO, probably pull mouse support as well so we can play doom how it was meant to be played.

That's being retarded, your taking it a tad too far there. If SR50 binds/chained binds are your "whole game", then that's sad that you rely so heavily on one feature.

Last edited by Doom2pro on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:45 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:
Doom2pro wrote:

IMO, it's not worth it.

YES it is, if your good now and start using it, you WILL get better if you get used to it. It is just a fact. That is like saying, yeh im a pretty decent player with the mouse, doesn't mean with keyboard isn't better.

I'm talking mostly about the "quick one key" binds. I remember the day when people used to change their colors with the scroll wheel, that was lame and short lived (thankfully). Now you get people who bind turn180 fire turn180 to shoot rockets backwards while running forwards. Kinda lame IMO.
Doomkiller
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom2pro wrote:
spacepirate wrote:
Doom2pro wrote:

IMO, it's not worth it.

I'm talking mostly about the "quick one key" binds. I remember the day when people used to change their colors with the scroll wheel, that was lame and short lived (thankfully). Now you get people who bind turn180 fire turn180 to shoot rockets backwards while running forwards. Kinda lame IMO.

That's actually a good idea I'm gonna start doing that now. Razz
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a hack.

Leave it or remove scripting all together.
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomkiller wrote:

Only somewhat of a good idea if you run in a straight line forward rather than strafing Razz
Fastidious
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't we already have this thread?
Jagi
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: oh crap Reply with quote

damn man if it was a problem i wouldnt have posted it lol. I personnaly don't use it to much . Its kinda like adding sex toys to your game but u end up keeping them in the drawer. in other words sr50 all togother is stupid cause u cant move your mouse anyway. And even if man you can totally swingshot someone dead in there tracks no matter how fast they are Razz I was just blaring out my cfg knowledge from quake and hl and my god i wont let that happen again. well yeah i got one last one to see what u think about this NS one but dont wanna make a topic just in case

//my xhair script
crosshaircolor "ff ff ff"
crosshairhealth "false"
crosshairscale "false"
crosshairgrow "true"
alias cross "crosshair 0;bind mouse2 cross2"
alias cross2 "crosshair 7;bind mouse2 cross"
bind "mouse2" "cross"
bind "mouse3" "centerview;toggle freelook"
bind "mouse4" "turn180"

(aka white dot xhair on mouse 2 whenever u want)
ive always had some weird stuff and binds. im completley content
with default but i still have this kinda crap binded

bind "w" "+forward"
bind "s" "+back"
bind "a" "+moveleft"
bind "d" "+moveright"
bind "e" "+sr50r"
bind "q" "+sr50l"
bind "space" "+jump"
bind "x" "+use"
bind "f" "slot 3"
bind "c" "slot 7"
bind "shift" "slot 5"
bind "mwheelup" "slot 4"
bind "mwheeldown" "slot 6"
Jagi
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomkiller wrote:
Doom2pro wrote:
spacepirate wrote:
Doom2pro wrote:

IMO, it's not worth it.

That is kinda smooth and elite as hell. but i see what people mean. You can't change a cat to a cheetah people still want cats. i can see why this is a touchy subject now. cause some new school stuff actaully makes me kinda pissed to
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard sr50 binds except backwards imo.

Q should be sr50 right and E should be sr50 left, DWQ and AWE are much more natural to press than WAQ and WAE. Your fingers are prolly crossing retardedly, or you're moving them inefficiently slow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are exploits, there are cheats, and there are ways ZD just works. I don't think sr50 binds are cheats or even exploits (like the old screen shot exploit from a couple of years ago). I don't think it's an exploit because it just simplifies something that is already there.

I do however think that it should be removed in future releases. The reason being that I like the fact that SR50 takes time to develop and master. It adds an extra dimension to DOOM, in terms of strategy and skill.

I've never used the binds myself, because I do think they are a bit unfair and, as far as I was aware, it has always been a feature that one day would be removed, so might as well get used to doing it the hard way.

Dev, I've always used left shift and left ctrl as my turn buttons when doing sr50. Combined with wasd, my pinky sits there perfectly. It's a bit unusual, but it works for me. Also I have q, e and r as plasma, bfg and rl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: