ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Old School Grandslam July 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, warning pruned after sedlo's request. i have my eyes on you though, cause the rule is still there.

Last edited by dewww on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i though that was unreachable places.. for me green place is reachable. we even both camping there.. its not like i was the only to camp on map01
Gyrossman
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fucking morron! Mortal is the best.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

master, stop posting or i'll have you thrown out.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TG
Graim
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocelot: Thx for your helpfullness after i posted that i wont be able to play after today. Our match won't be played now i guess. With your dramatic entree to this tourney, when you didn't bother to post any contact to you, not using ZDirc too much so i was unable to organize a game with you, me being an admin i wouldn't hesitate who should be dq, but of course im not one. I wish you the worst in your next games, sir!!

im also sorry to leave in the middle of the tourney...
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rightly said!
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two matches played today, i should be glad. am i? no, not really. i've been ignored when trying to intermediate a match (ocelot), i've felt guilty when explaining to graim he will be dq'd even though he wanted to play his match badly. i had to watch mortal break the rule i emphasized quite specifically, then being schooled by sedlo that it was all fair. then i got patronized by people not even playing this tournament - or even better, refusing it directly.

you know what? i feel humiliated and i don't like it. i'm not going to take shit from all sides just for trying to find a compromise. put up with my rules or go to hell.
mikehail
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bahahaha dq everybody and give me ocelots map01 crown! I will melt it down into a golden ass scratcher and give it to dev for a doner!
mr.twister
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twister vs vain 42:50

11 minutes of good game
Doomkiller
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dew 2 points. Running a big tourney is tough isn't it? I hope you have some more sympathy for thad now.

People are going to criticize the way you run it or the rules you impose eventually. I for one agree with Sedlo, you shouldn't restrict valid tactics just because you personally don't like them. If this is patronizing then its because I find the rules childish. I have nothing against you as I hope you know, and you've been dong a fantastic job running euro tourneys for 19 months, but I find that your being a little immature. Had you used you modified version of the map and you had removed your rules I wouldn't have a problem really. I hope we don't fall out over this. I feel strongly about it as you can tell.

On another note, given Graim's post i think a double dq is only fair. I don't think oce has shown much enthusiasm for this tourney. That's just my opinion ofc.
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for Graim: do not sign yourself up if you know for a fact you're going to be on holiday for a good chunk of the month.

With these rules I think it's quite clear the only unreachable part of the map is the ledge spawn. Boomstick area you should be able to camp as much as you want because it's reachable. Camping the garden area isn't that great spectator wise but it makes playing map01 the ultimate mind game. Test of patience if you will. Ahh entryway <3
Sedlo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dew: I apologize if it looked like I'm trying to school ya or whatever. That wasn't my itention at all. But as I sed, I played the game, I'm the one who should complain if I felt it's unfair, which I didn't.

I felt unfairness after the game when I heard about warning u gave to Mortal, and there I reacted. And I just know I was right about it. I really hope this is the last time I'm repeating, Mortal played better than me and he won fair and square that game. None of the camping situations was out of proportions.

Also I do agree with Turska, ledge is only unreachable place, there for should be only dq place if it's beeing exploited. Garden was there past 15 years I'm playing this game and it was always just normal part of strategic game if game itselfe was played that way.

I sense there are some great games comming soon in this tour and I'm very excited to see them. Hope semi finals and future matches will be recorded.
Konar6
Prepare your eyes!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I thought I won't post here as I've told my 2-3 cents on IRC, but seeing the drama moved to a forum thread in form of rageposts...

I hope I'm not banned from posting here, as I didn't take part in the tournament..? I've been watching the game though. To let all people know what's it about - the game Mortal vs. Sedlo, won by Mortal, who has been then accused by the tourney admin of camping and a DQ talk on IRC was on.

I agree on all points with Doomkiller, except the one with playing on edited map (out of principle I like to see the tourney being played on the classic, not a map which was edited specifically due to prejudices to pester some players).

dewww: the tourney admin should solve contingent issues - not make them, which is honestly what you've done by threating Mortal with DQs and starting drama + calling names on IRC after the game, eventhough not only that Sedlo himself didn't challenge his opponent's gameplay style, but he also implied his satisfaction with the game and tried to put an end to the IRC drama.
I believe you should not have interferred into the match then, unless asked to by Sedlo (which you weren't).
Thus I also believe this was done out of personal intolerance with Mortal (or even whole [D] clan, perhaps another chapter of the Neverending Grudge Story .CI. -> [D] ?), which we all (should) know you do keep (Vendetta unpleasantries, + maybe more stuff before - but that's not important - moreover, personal intolerance should not be dragged to an event like this), and/or a rage because of a more-favoritized player's loss.

All I hear about in what way EXACTLY did Mortal break The Rule is "he went to the garden with other weapons than just SG". Now excuse me, I'm not a map01 expert, I'm not even a Doom expert, but why is this move so frowned upon - even considered SO BAD that a DQ warning must be issued when playing this move? And please don't argue with "this tactics is shit", I've heard it already, + you do not dictate what tactics should players use. Instead, please tell what is bad about this move regarding fair play.
And secondly, where is this stated in The Rule? There's just something about staying in "unreachable areas" for unreasonable amount of time (another thing is how much time is unreasonable? Arguments anyone?). At this moment, I would also like to point at the above 2 posts - posts of a more experienced players than me saying that the place IS reachable. So what the hell is wrong?
I'm not saying the rule is bad, no, of course I don't want to see a game where a whole game someone would just go to some place and stay there until the opponent goes hunt him, but in my opinion specifically in this case dewww overreacted after the game for reasons stated above and used his rule as a plea to achieve the goal of claiming Sedlo victorious.

I look forward to hear some response containing arguments to the points made (or maybe better no response at all to not let more gas into the flame), but not another ragepost showing "I'm teh admin, you are just some annoying cockroaches, how you dare to challenge my tourney rules, you know what, I'm so pissed off, etc."
Oh wait, actually I expect this. :-/

To the end, just calm down, kthx.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a good oldstar player takes part at the tourney and you guys do exactly NOW hesitate to DQ someone... you are a phony
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so it seems to me...

1)Graim is not one to avoid sorting out his tourney games. Holiday or not, this situation would surely usually be a double-dq?

2)
Konar6 wrote:
dewww: the tourney admin should solve contingent issues - not make them, which is honestly what you've done by threating Mortal with DQs and starting drama + calling names on IRC after the game.

Thus I also believe this was done out of personal intolerance with Mortal (or even whole [D] clan, perhaps another chapter of the Neverending Grudge Story .CI. -> [D] ?), which we all (should) know you do keep (Vendetta unpleasantries, + maybe more stuff before - but that's not important - moreover, personal intolerance should not be dragged to an event like this), and/or a rage because of a more-favoritized player's loss.

I agree with this fully. This rivalry has heated the flames in other tourneys/tourney threads and i don't believe for a second that if the roles had been reversed, you'd be warning Sedlo about camping outside - Not even if Mortal had complained. In fact i'd imagine the response would be something like "STFU the best player won!"

I'm absolutely NOT saying you're a bad tourney admin. I'm saying that your dislike of [D] has clouded your judgement on this occasion. It's bad enough saying that camping one perfectly valid area of the map is a DQ offence, if you can't stay on the ledge and you can't go outside then you may as well just duke it out in the blue room and get it over with in under a minute
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I still think graim has no right demanding anyone to play at one specific time which is okay for him not even knowing if it's ok to the other player. Surely oce would have contacted you here if it was ok.

"Hey i'm going on a holiday on time X, hmmm you play me during these 3 days i'm ok with and i won't flame your ass!"

/me applauses
AconyX
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sedlo 50 - 12 AconyX

GG.
Sedlo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG m8
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14

Jump to: