ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tournements For the Remainder of the Year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you okay with Strangle and I doing the US tourney organizing. (Just so I can get a feel for the approval rating, lol)
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Not really
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
I'll wait to see how well its done before I give you kudos
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Tournements For the Remainder of the Year. Reply with quote

I have a few ideas. I want some input if possible.

Rotating tournement styles - Each month is a different type of tournament.
For instance having a Tag Team Championship style tourney. 2 on 2 TDM with you and your best bud, or a Pro-Am style with an experienced player playing with an ametuer as a team, boosting interest for the new guy to play on the team with a skilled one. I think a 2 on 2 can still be played in maps made for duels (consideration would go into the map obviously).

The next month would be a tournament where Each Sunday, the enlisted players would play an FFA. Multiple maps would be played, sort of like the feel of a ZDS session. It would likely be FFA maps with no BFG, or nobfg.wad incoorperated and your K/D ration would be the points decider.

Coop tourneys? I was thinking of having difficult coop wads (or survival style) and having a speed competition. Who can beat a prepicked map the fastest while still killing 100% of the monsters. No demo would be a D/Q.

Feel free to shoot these Ideas down. I came up with these in 10 minutes without really thinking too hard on it.
EDIT - Shows how much I've previously paid attention ot this board. The Tag Team 2 on 2 TDM tournement was already thought of. Feel free to slap me for being unoriginal. But the Pro-Am tourney is still a good idea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, good luck.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if you are serious about running things, leave me a pm in here and I'll give you my real email so we can talk. I really like the system we have going here, I'm just not up for running things for a while. I'd like to find some reliable people to get things going again on a permanent basis.

I tried! Fresh blood and fresh ideas will be helpful. Drop me a PM!
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

32in24.wad Map 05
8bitDM.wad Map06
abcdmv4 Map05, or 10
aerials1on1.wad
Elv_f.wad
PazuzuDM.wad
r-green.wad Map02
ripdm_x.wad Map01
Snow1.wad
sombredm.wad
UDm3 map09
Brit10 map06
Datadyne.wad
Datadyne2.wad

Edit- Removed ones we are using, added a few more.

Last edited by Quiksilver on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:19 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, so Anyone have any feedback on these maps?
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Tournements For the Remainder of the Year. Reply with quote

Not checked them all out, but it sounds like a good bag to pull from.

Quiksilver wrote:
Elv_f.wad

ARgh, 'f' was just a developmental version designation! It's just plain 'elv'!
Also it's apparently rather good for co-op too

Quiksilver wrote:
The next month would be a tournament where Each Sunday, the enlisted players would play an FFA. Multiple maps would be played, sort of like the feel of a ZDS session. It would likely be FFA maps with no BFG, or nobfg.wad incoorperated and your K/D ration would be the points decider.

An FFA type tourney may be a very good way to entice people who don't usually play competetively.
Not a fan of nobfg though as it usually leaves a dead area in the maps. There's other options though, like I have a mod that turns it into another plasma gun, or it could be patched to turn it into armor or a powerup instead *shrug*
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elv_f map01 is amazing
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Tournements For the Remainder of the Year. Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Not a fan of nobfg though as it usually leaves a dead area in the maps. There's other options though, like I have a mod that turns it into another plasma gun, or it could be patched to turn it into armor or a powerup instead *shrug*

agreed. or, you know, set the skill level to UV so you keep the bfg (it is a legit weapon ffs), but reduce spamming. :)
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does UV difficulty setting make it have less ammo?

And I'll have to get "Elv.wad"
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, half
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well more accurately Nightmare is double ammo Razz

But yeah, anything less than NM means you only get 2 shots from a BFG on pickup.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark - can we rig ZD to emulate a last man standing of sorts?
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
Cybershark - can we rig ZD to emulate a last man standing of sorts?
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we can.

Krawa got it sorta working on a server before by messing with settings in a weird way. As a result it was sorta running as 'DM survival' but ultimately would fail to end the map when there was only one player left.

With ACS (or possibly even without) then yes it's quite possible. The big problem I had with the concept is how would the scoreboard work? Because the guy who has the most frags is not necessarily going to be the Last Man, so how do you reflect teh winner?
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last guy standing is? lol... The game doesn't end that instant I thought it took a few seconds to end?
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it doesn't end because it's DM and is waiting for the fraglimit or timelimit to be hit.

And yes, obviously the last guy standing is the winner, but we're talking about running a game in DM mode where the scoreboard would only reflect frags, so the result there would look kinda stupid. It can be made clearer for TDM however.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I always thought that the scoreboard didn't matter so much since you were pretty much just deciding who the last one left was, and that person just WINS. No Need for a silly scoreboard. Back in my day we kept track of score by how many live minnows were left in your jar. Franky would grab and eat one everytime you fragged the ball.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: