ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special Event May 2010: TDM 1Day Tournament
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Special Event May 2010: TDM 1Day Tournament Reply with quote

It's over a year of running the regular 1on1 tourneys and this whole time we kept promising we would try something different too. Well, the recent activity of other people keen on organizing novelty tourneys woke me from my slumber and Nero provided the final push today. So we are doing a 2v2 NS TDM tourney. And the obscurity doesn't stop here! I had to endure whining of certain fish-people how tiring and long winded the monthly schedule was and how match evaders profit from stalling games for weeks. So we are playing it all within one day.

For those of you still conscious or not entirely repulsed, here's how we are going to (hopefully) make it work: You register, but only as a solo player, because you don't get to choose your team. Then on the day/hour of the action, you need to check in to verify you are really participating. The whole player pool gets split into skill groups (the admins will decide that using general knowledge, tournament standings and their mystical voodoo powers) and you will be assigned your partner from another group with a random lot! Depending on attendance there might be 2 or 4 skill groups. This should 1) filter out people registering but not being able to attend, 2) ballance teams/challenge level. Pros with noobs and perhaps semi-pros with semi-noobs. :)

After teams are lotted and brackets made, everyone should start playing their matches ASAP in best of 3 fashion. There will be a 5 map pool, teams eliminate 1 map each, then pick 1 map each and the remaining one is the tie breaker. The finals will be best of 5 and teams take turns in picking maps.

We picked NS flags (jumping, mouselook, item respawns), because it fits the novelty approach, but the maps are not dependant on it and should be well playable even with an OS config. There will be a 5 minutes time limit instead of frag limit and forced respawn after 5 seconds. This should normalize match lengths and we wanted to run something this way anyways.

Rules (Please read them all - they are different this time!):

• Minimum Exp points needed to enter this Tourney - 1000. This is done to keep out aliasers and unreliable players. If you have proven to be reliable, you will be allowed to enter the tournament regardless of your Exp level.

• Aliases are no longer allowed. If you have more than one nickname that is used on a regular basis, that's ok; a new nickname purely for the tourney will get you DQ.

• Register in this thread or by contacting a tourney admin to give us an estimate of the player attendance. You don't have to go into details since this is a fixed date event.

• You need to be present at #euro zdirc channel during the check-in period or at least contact one of the tourney admins to let us know you are participating. No shows or late shows will be ignored.

Playing:
  • You must contact your team mate and opponents ASAP after you find out who they are. Arrange your map choices and servers. If your servers are available and you are delaying the tournament progress, your team will be disqualified. The tournament model doesn't allow for delays at all. If you run out of time and have to withdraw before being eliminated, it's a shame, but there's nothing we can do.

• Best of 3 games: each team eliminates one map from the map pool they don't want to play. Each team picks one map from the remaining 3 maps they want to play. If the match results in a 1-1 tie, the remaining map is used as a tie breaker. Best of 5 games (final): teams select maps in turns, the remaining map is considered the tie breaker.

• Post your scores in #euro preferrably or PM them to a Tournament Administrator (cybershark, dewww or Nero), so everyone can keep track of the tourney progression.

• Rematches are no longer allowed. If you have a problem during your match, speak to your apponent to try another server. If your problems persist, you should withdraw from the tourney.

Server rules:
  • Try making a friendly, peaceful agreement on the server choice. If both sides are happy, we're happy and everyone's happy. Good job!

• If you can't agree on a server for all the maps in your match, play them in homefield fashion (your map on your server choice) and try to arrange a fair tie breaker choice. If you can't agree on the tie breaker server, an admin will select it for you.

• If you still have disputes, call an admin to make a decision. But don't expect it to be amicable and fair to everyone, as it's probably impossible at this point.

Dates:

Check in: 30/5/10 13:00 - 15:00 CET (+1 GMT)
    Round dates: 30/5/10 15:00 CET - ??? (presumably a couple of hours?)

Map pool:
    brit11 map01 + armorswitch
    greenwar map26
    slug2 map01
    dwango6 map01
    greenwar2 map18

Players: TBA
    DMFLAGS1/2: 283972 / 33689608
    Gravity: 100%
    Air Control: 0%
    Respawn limit: 5s
    Tourney type: NS
    Skill: 4 - NM
    Friendly Fire: ON
    Timelimit: 6min
    Server: L@P Germany, HorizoN, GrandVoid, Oblacek

This is a stand-alone tourney and the team ballancing should make it interesting and different, so if you are free for next Sunday afternoon, sign up so we can estimate the player count! Then you should join #euro at zdirc to check in before the tourney starts. Please download the necessary wads in advance so the firstrounders don't have to wait while you're searching for them.

Last edited by dewww on Tue May 25, 2010 11:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.

Nero
Neroland
Neronnection
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Nero's ass.

ShadowForce
ShadowLand
ShadowNecction

P.S. - Gay.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolut
Everyw
Everyt
IleKallio
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday afternoon sounds good!

Ile
Marax
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great
count me in
Judge
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hosp
Gyrossman
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!
Gyross
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffles
Konar6
Prepare your eyes!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K6
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turSKPIG joins teh fun
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turSKA wrote:
turSKPIG joins teh fun

Welcome my pig Razz
runkman
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in! My name is runk.... runk man.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dopefish
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your Masturb is in Exclamation
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there room for a Rontard?

Information

Nickname: Ronald
Internet Connection: ADSL
Skillevel: 3/10

Should be fun and kudos to you for organising it. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! Good luck to us figuring out who goes into which rank, I see myself in the bottom half now... I hope I get turSKA
wabe
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wabe
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering we won't have many teams no matter what, i'd say a double elimination system (winners+losers bracket) could be fun. i mean... at least you have to lose twice to crash out after you bothered to arrive on time!

oh and... i HOPE i'll be able to play too. :) i'll work as the even/odd last player so everyone else gets into a team.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good.
i'll participate Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: