ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some new guys..finally!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Some new guys..finally! Reply with quote

I am pleased to tell you that LordBritish and Quiksilver have decided to take over running US tournaments! I would like everyone to give them a nice round of applause, because they are two of the only people besides myself to show any interest in keeping things competitive around here. I wouldn't call this a trial run, and I hope these guys can stay on and run things for a long time!

I wish I could keep trying to run tournaments, but it just isn't possible. I think we need some new faces and some fresh ideas around here anyway. I hope I can come back to running things later, but heres to the future!
LordBritish
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the intro and the passing of the torch Bones@ You're gonna be a tough act to follow but we'll try our best, I'm sure.

Obviously things are gonna be a little simplified in the beginning while we get the hang of things, but hopefully in the future we can get multiple different types of tournies going simultaneously and try some pretty innovative stuff. All I ask is that players bear with us for a little and keep coming and playing our tournies. Remember ZD players... we do this for YOU.

And I promise I won't use a tons of really bad LB original maps. Not for the first few months anyway.
Gamma
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo, gratz quik and LB. May the fresh new admins bring epicness and competition back to the US tourneys Very Happy
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, in fact we didn't waste time getting the ball rolling. We are going to keep things interesting first by not just sticking with the same old same old, but we definitely aren't going to let the shiny gems rust either. Combined, LB and I have nearly 25 GB of wads. Theres no doubt in my mind that we can find old forgotten treasures, and even some unexpected ones too.

I'd like to point out that comments or suggestions are ABSOLUTELY welcome. We both usually sit in IRC.Quakenet.Org #IDL and it will be rare that one of us isn't available.

Wee I'm excited. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dewww
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as the first one here from the euro crew, i wish you fresh ideas and interested players. looking forward to some coop brainstorming!
Solar_Flare
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to also assist in helping with wadchoice and everything else to yeah I'll be in there too.
tophatalfa
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz Lord and Quik on becoming new tourney admins, i wish you best of luck, I hope to see some interesting tourneyss in the future.

on another note: i just want to make sure of something...... the may tourney thread was locked Shocked does that mean the tourney is no more Crying or Very sad Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. I wonder if it was halted so we can start from scratch next month. I think that may derail the tourney spirit this month, but at least there are hopes for next month. I suggest everyone sign up next month for sure.

We;ll see what the dill is.
tophatalfa
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right, i guess we will have too see
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: