ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zdaemon demos HoW to FAQ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Zdaemon demos HoW to FAQ?? Reply with quote

I would like some help with demo recording and playback as the feature seems to be broken in the current version of the client that I have.

I can record them normally (I think) by selecting record demo and joining a game. A demo file is then placed in the /demos directory.

Now the problems begin. First of all the demo extension is .ddo instead of .doo? Whats up with that??

When going into playback mode (in the launcher) i can select the demos but after selecting the demo and the relevant wads I get the following error message:

"Do not select .wad files when trying to play demos" or something along those lines.

If i rename the demo files from .ddo to .doo extension the demo starts but is immediatly terminated with a corrupt demo error.

Please help?
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't the extension for ZDaemon demos be ".zdo"?
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Evolution my bad. Thats right the extension should be .zdo, when I record the demos the extension is NOT .zdo however.

Does anyone else have problems recording and playing back their demos??
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange! Do you use a command line to record demos? There *may* be a faulty extension given there that has been overlooked. That's all I know that can be wrong.
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-installed client today....seems to work now Very Happy

Should have tried that before posting. Thanks for the help though anyway Laughing
CooBlu
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sry for posting this (I'm pretty new to Zdaemon), but how do you record? I know about things like Fraps, and Wegame (video game recording software) because I recorded my Halo CE with it, and posted it on YouTube.
Ladna
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a thread on the IDL forums on how to do this here. Good luck!

EDIT:

I should mention that this records a "demo", which can only be viewed using ZDaemon. If you're looking to make a video you'll need Fraps... or something else that does what Fraps does.

It also configures your client to automatically demo every game you play in, so you might have to watch your hard drive space. I find it's better to automatically demo and clean out my demo folder every so often, as opposed to be really sad that I forgot to demo something.
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use
Code:
-netrecord lastgame
to record every game to a file (lastgame.zdo) that'll get overwritten every time you connect. If you want to keep the demo just rename it after disconnecting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: