ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EZS #4 - Deathball!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: EZS #4 - Deathball! Reply with quote

[EDIT] OH SHIT. I forgot something pretty huge. This was all Doomkiller's genius (thanks for reminding me >_<). Yeah I was gonna make this coop/survival night but dk suggested deathball- a gamemode I had completely forgot about. So sorry man, I had full plans to give you amass credit, and I probably would have remembered to do so had my internet not gone off for 20+min halfway through making this damn topic!

Yoyo! I've been semi-busy/semi-lazy but now I'm fully erect and here to spit lyrics on the latest EZS gospel chapter: DEATHBALL! So without further ado:

WADs in correct order:
facevox2
n00b_deathball_resources7
olio_a1q

Maps: 01-06, 08-20, 22
DMFLAGS: 283716/655360
Players: 12
Teams: 2
Flaglimit???: There's no limit!
Timelimit: 5min
Skill: Nightmare

Date: Wednesday 7th April 2010
Time: 8:00pm BST (UK) (there you go Konar, smartass! Very Happy)

Last edited by Evolution on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choice Evo! Had some wicked games on this just last week after Chainsaw666 kicked off a game on HorizoN. Got to having quite a natter about it with LordBritish afterwards too. He had never played before and was very taken with it.

Anyways, this is perfect for your private Wednesday sessions as the problem with public deathball is you always get people in who can't grasp the complexities of not scoring in your own goal Neutral
With teams of decent players then this has a lot of potential!

Two things:
you might wanna skip maps 7 and 21 tonight though as they're not ideal for larger numbers.
make sure Krawa copies the WAD loading order that HorizoN uses - facevox, resources and then maps.
Doomkiller
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah good choice evo. Smile
Konar6
Prepare your eyes!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make up your mind with the time, Evolution. United Kingdom is not on GMT in the summer. I'm confused when it actually starts then Confused
(not that I'll make it home in time probably anyway, unless the session lasts for some time)
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Great choice DK! Had some wicked games on this just last week after Chainsaw666 kicked off a game on HorizoN. Got to having quite a natter about it with LordBritish afterwards too. He had never played before and was very taken with it.

Ah yeah I saw the server nice and full from my laptop! Sad(( And I said I had forgotten all about deathball! :S
It's good to see good games rolling and discussion about them flying, I hope tonight will be just as nice.

Cybershark2.0 wrote:
Anyways, this is perfect for your private Wednesday sessions as the problem with public deathball is you always get people in who can't grasp the complexities of not scoring in your own goal Neutral

Btw I was going to make tonight's session public, seen as you boycott the sessions and all just because we keep overseas smelly people out D:, bbbut now you want them private?

Cybershark109 wrote:
Two things:
you might wanna skip maps 7 and 21 tonight though as they're not ideal for larger numbers.
make sure Krawa copies the WAD loading order that HorizoN uses - facevox, resources and then maps.

Ah yes, Tobi mentioned this might be problematic too, I'll sort it with the Krah. Thanks for the heads-up on the maps! I can't wait for tonight!
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plas Evo! Deathball rocks.
LordBritish
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As unofficial-North-American-ambassador-in-training-for-the-beleagured-sport-of-deathball, I reckon this could be a big stepping stone for getting the game out there. I'll try to show up, through the homework, the gym runs, and everything else that flies around on those crazy Wednesdays, but I will also do my best to get some of my chaps to try it out.

Good job Evo and Doomkiller!
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I hope you can make it bro! Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution wrote:
Cybershark2.0 wrote:

Btw I was going to make tonight's session public, seen as you boycott the sessions and all just because we keep overseas smelly people out D:, bbbut now you want them private?

Wentirely your call man, it's just that something like deathball is easier for newbies to screw up than any other mode. [citation needed]
But if you can keep QnB out then it should be ok Razz

Sorry I won't be able to make this one Sad
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my settings were indeed a failure, you need 4 teams for the ball (green flag) to appear! Smile

So after a quick server restart, we had some major some for 3-4 maps, reaching a nice 4v4, maybe more? But it was short lived, DAMN! I'll have to post next session a little sooner than the night before it! Smile

Also the next session will be public, and time is back to 19:00 BST (UK)

Bai!
BlackShark
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im playing.
Konar6
Prepare your eyes!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there was still a game running 2 hours after the start, even just 2on2 with me, Thomas, Lipa and some XXX guys, and eventually 1on1. Smile

+ what's the reasoning behind the sessions being one hour earlier? Just a personal preference? I think more people are home/available rather later so the participation would be bigger if it was later.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kone this session was 1 hour later than usual, DKs idea again.. I dunno which is best- should we throw these sessions at 9pm bst? :p, throw some suggestions people! :\
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8:30 or after would be better for me personally *shrug*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: