ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Force respawn and death limit in tourneys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone actually made a statement along the lines of "I won't enter this tourney because all that happens is one person spawn rapes the other, I'm not playing."

On top of that, even if there are dirty tricks, couldn't one person just get good enough to both avoid them, stop them, or even use them for themselves?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turSKA wrote:
Because he is a troll and a crybaby. Like most americans when euros are trying to have an intelligent discussion

LOL. I find it funny he's the only one trolling and crying. Very Happy

As for Americans "using this for years", ZDDL doesn't account for all tourneys over here, so don't act like it. Wink
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cha0tix wrote:
turSKA wrote:
Because he is a troll and a crybaby. Like most americans when euros are trying to have an intelligent discussion

LOL. I find it funny he's the only one trolling and crying. Very Happy

That's rich coming from you. Shocked
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really chow doesn't duel so it doesn't matter what he thinks. I heard he used to be good at dweller but we all know he's just a cantankerous jerk at this point, love him as i do.

Forced respawn seems like a reasonable server setting to me. TT uses it because JKist has decided that we do. As far as tourney rules, I feel like every tourney is different and every wad is different so it's just a matter of the admin and wad and people's preference and whatever side of the bed you wake up on etc. ZDDL had force respawn because we think it encourages game play without compromising the spawn stall we all know and love. In map01 it's especially prominent. DUI thinks that force weapon switch is cool and they use that. Rampage servers tend to have default air control on CTF servers and they're used to and comfortable with that. Each player has settings they like and ones they don't. The question is does forced respawn make the game less fair for either party. And since it's an equal timing for each player the answer is no, it doesn't.

Use it or not, who cares. I personally don't want jerks like potent to go make a sandwich in the middle of our match while I am standing at the plasma spawn for an hour.
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think 20-30 seconds is fair.

After 20 seconds you have no further gains for staying dead. You've already thrown off your opponents balance or "in the zone" attitude, already made him think of something so he's not as 100% focused. And your opponent isn't gonna wait for 20 seconds and then magically leave.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: