ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could all of you do me a quick favor?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Could all of you do me a quick favor? Reply with quote

...And vote for me with this remix competition. Its simple, just go here and vote. http://www.bonobomusic.co.uk/remixcompetition/track.php?uid=HFR5N9H8

Its forBonobo to DO a remix of another artists song. Its kinda cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done ^^
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT! Thanks Krucszhescheznsomethingcoleslaw!

Bonobo is abysmally far from mainstream here, and I don't know how popular he is in the UK since he's from there, but if you like downtempo creative music, he would be a phenomonal addition to your current downtempo chill tracks. He remixes other VERY underground artists, like myself, and he's damn good too. I had so many songs of mine in the same genre as his original works, I couldn't pick one easily. If you listen to the top 10 on the contest leaderboards, theyaren't even close to his style, so I feel like I could have a leg up if I could just get on that leaderboard. Please for the love of all things sacred, vote, and see if you can get friends to vote. I'm sure they monitor IP addy's to make sure the same person isn't voting multiple times with different emails. If they didn't I would just vote for myself with 200 different randomly generated emails, but alas, I gotta be fair.

Some tracks of his I would recommend if you wanted to get a good feel for how simply awesome he is would be Silver, Recurring, and Terrapin (also the Terrapin "Mr. Scruff" Remix is equally fantastic).

If you take a gander at my music myspace, I've remixed another fantastic song of his, Sleepy Seven. Worth a full listen to both the original, and mine.

Sorry, I sound like a shameless self promoter, but this is probably the single most important contest I've ever entered, and I'm scared shitless that I won't win. Other people are entering because its "cool" or they "dig his style". But to me, he's essentially my inspiration for my earlier work, and my current style of percussion in my latest music, as he has been for a number of years now.

Thank you to anyone who even at least CONSIDERS voting, and/or spreading the word. Hell retweet it if you have twitter. It means the world to me.

Thanks Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Skitz0.X
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Quik, you got another vote from me.
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more from me...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a vote from me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One from me as well Quik - cool to see you back in the community again.

All the best for the competition dude.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skitz0.X wrote:
Well done Quik, you got another vote from me.

SKITZ! Guess what, I have "Glimmer" on my Ipod right now!

You still painting on a musical canvas these days?

And THANK YOU to everyone. I will keep you updated about my ranking as time goes on.
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet song! Voted.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:

Wasn't that one of the tunes Skitz made for Crimson?

Either way, everytime it pops up on my playlist I'm all surprised and like "woah, what is this?".
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Quiksilver wrote:

Wasn't that one of the tunes Skitz made for Crimson?

Either way, everytime it pops up on my playlist I'm all surprised and like "woah, what is this?".

Sure was. I know what you mean. I don't remember skitz' name but the title of the song (which I've listened to like 3 times today) is "JLS - Glimmer"
JLS I believe are his initials. In any case, I hope he's still churning out the music. Music is infinite. No two songs are exactly the same, and there is quite literally No Possible End to the combinations of sounds and tones to create it. So if you make a song, you have made something no one will ever be able to perfectly recreate, unlike the other "artistic" mediums. Sculpture, yea that can be prety much exactly replicated if enough time is spent on it. Paint? Sure, it would be absurdly difficult, but possible to recreate. But music? No one can make an exact replica of your music unless they outright stole the whole track as a sample.

BTW thanks Empyre, each one counts! I swear, the top ten leaderboards are shooting up by the hundreds every hour. I really hope there wasn't some dirty methods employed there.
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, add a vote from me as well.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
Some tracks of his I would recommend if you wanted to get a good feel for how simply awesome he is would be Silver, Recurring, and Terrapin (also the Terrapin "Mr. Scruff" Remix is equally fantastic

Ahah, I was just about to say this is so similar to some of Scruffs' old chill stuff. It's so awesome man!

Quiksilver wrote:
If you take a gander at my music myspace, I've remixed another fantastic song of his, Sleepy Seven. Worth a full listen to both the original, and mine.

Bookmark'd!
runkman
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thanks, your vote has been counted." There you go.
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quik wrote:
I made this with some orchestral loops I created for various projects, and took the "End Of Line" quote from Tron

LOL. Now where could you possibly have gotten the inspiration to use that particular sample...? Razz
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another from me.

"Thanks, your vote has been verified!"
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Yes cybershark, you are correct if you think I got that EOL quote idea from OMGmaps. Lol. Except in OMGmaps I freakin piss myself laughing when I hear that or "Wipeout". Actually, I wish one day when I got on IDE I'd see some people ON that server. If you need some comic relief, that mapset it just the ticket, especially when you got like 10+ people in there.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.

All well and good aside from the fact that OMGmaps doesn't contain either of those samples Laughing
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of bonobo. I was kinda surprised to see the name popup here. I hope for you that Simon hears something in it that I didn't hear... cause I didn't really like your song Razz

The end of line sample was a good one though... some oldschool techno/hardcore tracks use it a lot too, wich I like, but it seemed a bit out of place when you heard this track though Smile

Anyways, keep it up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: