ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #129 - In the long run we are all dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: ZDS #129 - In the long run we are all dead Reply with quote

Luckily, we are born with the chance für some Brazilian Dooming this week!! The name is Rebirth Unleashed and it has received some significant updatez since we played it last. There is plenty of mappage here to get our FFA work done... Smile Some concepts are not exactly to my taste while there are others that I find to truly rock (out loud).

So. Right... Where does that leave us? Ahh, this: ZDS is open for business on Saturday!

Snapshot!
Snappiershot!
    Game Mode: FFA
    WADs: rudm_
    monster_skins3
    zvox07a

Maps: 21 (01-16, 18, 20-23)
    DMFLAGS: 283716/34734081
    Time: 6 mins
    Fraglimit: 30
    Players: 14 (+2 spectators)

Date: Saturday 20th February 2010
    Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST
    Locations: XXX & Unfy/The Best Ever

Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yyyyeah, not too fond of the (lack of) direction in the later maps and it's a real shame Doomage fucked up the sky in the Quakey maps but w/e.

FOURTEEN PLAYERS!!! This should be awthum Smile
Dark_Odyssey
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ... why is it that, in these times, not only teh sessions themselves are less visited than a stripshow of Alice Schwarzer, but even the respective weekly forum threads die from starvation sumtimes, with no devotional knights of the pen feeding them ...

Looking forward to frag you all 2nite Wink
Dark_Odyssey
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it´s me again ... Rolling Eyes ... I just wanted to state that yesterday´s sesh - apart from the Heretic CooP at ZDS #125 - imho had been the best ZDS since weeks, this WAD is really a great piece of work, and was truly fun to play !

The "IRC message to all players" concept seems to have been working out well, too, as I got the feeling that there had been so many non regulars as seldom before.

Kudos to all who made this and played this, cya next week ! Smile
ManoLO
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! It has been trés funny! That IRC-announcement-thingie plus that dummy-server on top were great.
We been playing trough all maps - just to enter Euro Server again later to play it again, Tony Laughing
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one of the busiest nights we've had in quite a while - so give me a shout if you were there, if you spotted Sharkie's new alias, or let the authors know which maps you thought were ace!

Map23 - Someone at the Europe session said something in this vein: it felt reminiscent of a Nutty map. Very Happy
22 - Hmm. T'was fun. I definitely got the vibe the map was made of nine different rooms/compartments all put together in a box shape. Rockets were nice to use here. I almost gave hitting the switch lowering the megasphere. With eight players, there is almost zero chance of you making it to the other side of the map to pick it up, heh.
21 - The most efficient strategy was to let rockets fly into the corners of the map and hope to get some spawn kills.
20 - Err... Not sure how much I like this one. I had a great experience with it because I kept getting invulnerability and megaspheres from the secret areas. I was waiting for cheating accusations a bit.
19 - Yeah, we didn't run this one. The hallways are cramped and boring. I don't understand why the lava hazard was placed in the one corner of the map. It has a less than inspired effect on the map's flow.
18 - Heh, just fun n' crazy. LOL, I loved how people would camp in that crate nook by the helipad while wearing a huge skin like the cyberdemon. Uhh yeah, we can see you back there. Laughing
17 - Neutral ...Next!
16 - Admirable. Most of the fun stuff happened in the gray marble room with steps.
15 - This one had great style with the wood, dirt, and hellishness. Not sure if I'm sold on the hallway with the respawn closets in it...
14 - Good I guess. Don't remember any qualms I had with it. Nice tune though.
13 - Cramped corridors lead into odd-shaped rooms. Dunno. It was also here we realized we were playing with a ZDaemon admin! Laughing
12 - The middle room was chaingun-city. Plasma and rockets were nice and spicey. Smile

Maybe I'll do the rest sometime later.
Solar_Flare
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty fun! Also the monster skins made it more fun for some reason, though I had no problem with any of the maps.
OH! Yeah on 18 that was me camping back there, I forgot I had the skin on lol.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, monster skins are always fun for FFA!

Didn't hit 14 players on either server but definitely some fun games in there! And I finally won the very last one I played Very Happy

Action on some maps like the UAC-style map08 are a little dull. Map11 in particular still bores the hell out of me. The whole 'temple' theme is overused also. Map17 looks like somebody's first map, and map18 is kinda redundant but all the rest are worth a play Smile

Dark_Odyssey wrote:
Hmmm ... why is it that, in these times, not only teh sessions themselves are less visited than a stripshow of Alice Schwarzer, but even the respective weekly forum threads die from starvation sumtimes, with no devotional knights of the pen feeding them ...

Used to bother me more when it was me doing the posting. But as long as people are reading and showing up then it doesn't really matter I guess.
Your posts are always a treat though!

TheCupboard wrote:
Map23 - Someone at the Europe session said something in this vein: it felt reminiscent of a Nutty map. Very Happy

I thought that too, but then realised it's a Zodiac map it reminds me of. Strange how those two WADs could get mixed up Laughing
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i showed up, so stop complaining :)
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, ok. My brief overview is done.

11 - Interesting because you had to go on a big journey to find weapons. Kinda cool with the rockets flying everywhere down the main hall. It felt a little featureless.
10 - Nice use of three dimensional space. This one rocked.
09 - Lol. There were two areas of where there was some domination-type gameplay going on: the main spawn room with the SSG and the stairway leading to the BFG platforms. Smile
08 - Open and pleasant. Presence of invisibility and plasma rifle was appreciated.
07 - A pretty solid creation from the original release. Plasma can be king here (heh, ask Dew).
06 - OMG music! Groovy map otherwise. Lots of spawnkilling can happen at the central-ish area with the chaingun.
05 - Another enjoyable one here. The original maps I'm sensing to be better than some of the new additions to the pack.
04 - Lots of rockets for everyone. Lotsa clashing in the launcher room by the computers.
03 - Great remake. I liked how it was possible to start bouncing around on the jump pads accidentally and get nailed by a BFG tracer. Safest place to be was in the low parts of the map sometimes because of the cover provided, health, and armor.
02 - Fast pacing! Also, it reminded me of a Quake 3 map with Uriel and the orange fog... Probably that was intentional, but I'm not sure.
01 - Strong opening map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: