ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inglorious

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Inglorious Reply with quote

This is just something I made due to a result of being bored last night. I hadn't made a map for what must be 2 years.

Fairly small design, intended for duel only with a 40 frags and OS Settings.

Wad File: http://two.xthost.info/zdwads/inglorious.zip

I wasn't sure if the BFG would be too much in a map this small, so I made the player pretty vulnerable as they take it. The rest of the map is self-explanatory I think.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sniper on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:43 am; edited 2 times in total
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Only main problem I find with it is the SG. Would be nice to have another lying around to get that extra 40 shells for the SSG. Reminds me alot of king1 especially as theres a spawn by the BFG and the plasma room can be camped. I like the fact you can also be telefragged if you go for the BFG. The medikits are set just like King1 aswell.

Only thing I find with this is doesn't seem very unique for tactics unless someone came up with some specific tactics but may take many rounds of the map to figure out.

I only tested against a bot though would be nice to see a server to test this on with someone Smile.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BASTARDS
ShizzMasteR
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh very nice, quite Dwango-ish. The basic design allows for easy addition of weapon mods and the like. Alone this isn't much, but perhaps if compiled into a community map pack or something this would be quite nice. It would be a shame to let it go under the radar just because it was only one map thrown together in one day.
sykeshot
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: eh Reply with quote

This wad is great for 1 v 1, and the bfg shouldn't be an issue if it IS in fact 1 v 1. I think it's very well balanced, (campers are easy to kill anyway).

nice wad Very Happy
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://DooM.kruczyslaw.cx.cc/wads/inglorious.zip

Last edited by Kruczyslaw on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruczyslaw wrote:
http://kruczyslaw.unix.net.pl/wads/inglorious.zip

I did update the link to the .wad the other day Smile
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BFG is pretty accessible and the plasma room is quite open. Interesting stuff. It's nice how you can swoop up the stairs from either side and run across the gap to acquire the SSG. The overhang area by the medikits provides a little separation from a player who just picked up plasma and BFG in case you need to hide a bit. Smile

Hmm... I don't know, the lighting came across as uniform to me. You could brighten those computer panels and the playing area would come across as not being so dim.
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCupboard wrote:
BFG is pretty accessible and the plasma room is quite open. Interesting stuff. It's nice how you can swoop up the stairs from either side and run across the gap to acquire the SSG. The overhang area by the medikits provides a little separation from a player who just picked up plasma and BFG in case you need to hide a bit. Smile

Hmm... I don't know, the lighting came across as uniform to me. You could brighten those computer panels and the playing area would come across as not being so dim.

Yes thinking about the lighting now I must agree, it may have looked slightly more detailed if the computer / techno textures were lit up a bit more. Having gone back to this I also found a little texture mishap on one of the fences, it's slightly higher than it should be.
Thanks again for taking a look at this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: