ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coopbuildlm tribute wad has a website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeenJammin
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Coopbuildlm tribute wad has a website Reply with quote

Oh yeah, movin' right along.
https://sites.google.com/site/bldmcoop
I need help with transferring the monsters, enabling infinite ammo, and disabling jump, please.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coopbuild does not have lack of jumping or infinite ammo hardcoded - just rely on DMFLAG settings for that.

As for monsters, it's just an XWE copy and paste job (for now ignoring questions about whether or not you should be doing so).

I wish you the best with this, but really it sounds like one big brainfart. For instance why now (after you only had the idea a month back)? And why are you the one qualified to make it and to remix his maps? Haven't a lot of co-op mappers essentially been making tributes ever since his passing?
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want infinite ammo enabled without requiring the use of a DMFlag, you should check out Invasion UAC. I recall Xsnake managed to have infinite ammo on iu-part5.wad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears you're really enthousiastic and motivated to make something out of this project, seeing you built a website for it and all. I'm personally not a bit interested in a coop project like this, but that's just a matter of taste I guess.

I'll tell you now how to enforce unlimited ammo in your wad. It's not very hard to do it. Just open your wadfile in XWE and make a new lump called DEHACKED. Next, copy the following code inside that lump and save the changes you made.

Code:

Weapon 1 (Pistol)
Ammo type = 5

Weapon 2 (Shotgun)
Ammo type = 5

Weapon 3 (Chaingun)
Ammo type = 5

Weapon 4 (Rocket Launcher)
Ammo type = 5

Weapon 5 (Plasma Rifle)
Ammo type = 5

Weapon 6 (BFG 9000)
Ammo type = 5

Weapon 8 (Super-Shotgun)
Ammo type = 5

Ammo 0 (Bullets)
Max ammo = 0
Per ammo = 0

Ammo 1 (Shells)
Max ammo = 0
Per ammo = 0

Ammo 2 (Cells)
Max ammo = 0
Per ammo = 0

Ammo 3 (Rockets)
Max ammo = 0
Per ammo = 0

Misc 0
Initial Bullets = 0
BFG Cells/Shot = 0

After copying that, you will have unlimited ammo enforced in your wadfile. If you want to get rid of the ammo counter on your status bar as well, you can load these GFX's in your wadfile.

Toke probably made his monsters with DEHACKED as well. I can't be bothered to check, but if you want them in your wadfile, you can copy the needed lines in his DEHACKED in yours. I'm not sure how wise that is since you can't ask for his permission, but meh, they aren't that special anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I hear Coopbuild, I think gray walls with brown floors. Looks like you have a few maps looking like that. You can put a checkmark by that key element on your list.

I'm looking forward to see what you create, I guess. Make sure you put some spider masterminds in this, though. They were few in number in Coopbuild maps and they are a very underused monster in most Doom wads. Idea
BeenJammin
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Ronald--I'll do it. Should I wait until I have merged all of them into one wad? I'm building each map as map01 and I feel like I will already have clutter in the form of repeated textures because I patch the same textures into separate maps.
Also, infinite ammo, future disabling of jump and future monster inclusion: will this hinder port-universality? My mind is made up on the issue but I would still like to know.
I've got some big plans for the Masterminds, TheCupboard. Your comment reminded me of them! Foreign_Operation02.wad has a texture named MUROCYBE.bmp that I will be designing a full map around. And yes, I have asked permission which brings me to my final comment.
"His instructions, as interpreted by me, BUILD 'EM COOP!" It sounds like Toke qualified me, Cybershark. MuHAHahAhAhA
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handy piece of rhetoric you've constructed there.

Tell me, did you ever actually speak to the guy? Laughing
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coopbuild as a work suck(s)/ed IMO. Why anyone would do a remix of it warrants amazement.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll say this much. If someone could retexture and rework some of the blandness of coopbuild, it could do a WORLD of good.

Ever played Sapphire.wad? One of my most absolutely LOVED maps, and I always wanted a sapphire inspired coopbuild style megawads. I think if Toke weanted it redone, he would probably prefer a heavily experienced mapper, no offense. I would love to play it once its done, but I'll say for now, Good Luck. You're going to need it if you're aiming to impress with a remix.

Don't forget to add a custom monster or two. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeenJammin wrote:
Thank you, Ronald--I'll do it. Should I wait until I have merged all of them into one wad? I'm building each map as map01 and I feel like I will already have clutter in the form of repeated textures because I patch the same textures into separate maps.
Also, infinite ammo, future disabling of jump and future monster inclusion: will this hinder port-universality? My mind is made up on the issue but I would still like to know.

There's no need to wait writing your DEHACKED. You can write and edit it anytime you like. Remember that all changes you make apply to the wad. So be sure to test your wad after making changes.

It's ok if you build each map as MAP01, as long as you don't forget to rename it MAP02, MAP03 or whatever mapnumber it's supposed to be. If you forget this step, you will overwrite the MAP01 that's already in the wad. Doom Builder should give you a warning if this is the case though. Needless to say, I don't recommend this method of mapping.

About the textures: you only need to add a texture/flat once. If you still want to make a new wad for each map you're building, you can have Doom Builder to allow you to use textures and flats existing in another wad. Simply load the source wad in "Additional Textures and Flats from WAD file" on the MAP OPTIONS screen.

As far as I know, you can not enforce not being allowed to jump. Like Cybershark stated, you should rely on DMFlag settings on this one.

Playability of your wad on Zdaemon and other available ports simply depends on what is used in your wad and what is supported by the port you wish to play it on. Experimenting may be wise if you want your wad to be playable on a specific port.
BeenJammin
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DX-Chain wrote:
Coopbuild as a work suck(s)/ed IMO. Why anyone would do a remix of it warrants amazement.

It's sucks. Art is always referred to in the present tense.
And Quiksilver, go see the webpage if you want to see what my redoing looks like! I'll have a take at the sapphire but I've never run across anything so unique as coopbuildlm! XD BTW...I put up a new screenshot two days ago ROCK
https://sites.google.com/site/bldmcoop
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Art'? Oh dear, did you just try getting all pretentious?
You want art, then maybe go check the WAD Quik recommended or I can find you a bunch of others. But coopbuild is purely functional architecture for the most part, not art.

DX-Chain wrote:

Ok, now I'm confused here. Beenjammin are you making entirely new maps here or just screwing around with Toke's old ones? Because if it's predominantly the latter then you're not "BUILDING 'EM" anything and you should leave the hell alone.

Earlier Cybershark wrote:
Tell me, did you ever actually speak to the guy? Laughing

Ronald wrote:
As far as I know, you can not enforce not being allowed to jump.

LIES. It's accomplished via MAPINFO.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Here's the skytexture if it gives you any clue.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BeenJammin
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretentious? No. Factual? Yes.
"As far as I know" constitutes no lie!
I'm remixing/expanding some and DEFINITELY NOT tinkering with the originals. All are built from scratch except for the unfinished coopbuildln maps. I will be taking the unfinished originals of map16, 20, & 25 from coopbuildln and finishing them as I see fit. The only one I'll really be completing is 16, the other two are basically complete in their original form.
Cybershark, I'm talking to Toke right now and he says stop antagonizing! He also says to tell me how to disable jump in MAPINFO. Very Happy
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeenJammin wrote:
[...] I'm talking to Toke right now [...]

I have the feeling "Toke" is going to get his arse kicked hard ...
and you BeenJammin will write a post apologizing for being such a gullible nerd.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolwat Baah? No, the guy knows he's dead and is into some clairvoyant shit here.

BeenJammin wrote:
Cybershark, I'm talking to Toke right now and he says stop antagonizing! He also says to tell me how to disable jump in MAPINFO. Very Happy

Stop... antagonising...? OMFG is that where I've been going wrong all these years? Surprised

As for MAPINFO, all you need to know is here.
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coopbuild's reputation for hideousness is slightly less deserved than it is. I can prove this with references to specific levels, but the fact is that there were obvious plans to decorate it, and these were simply never carried through to completion. As revealed during the development of odactf, Toke's map development cycle involved adding texture and non-critical detail only after playtesting was complete which, in one case, left one base fully detailed and the other totally spartan.

Really, if the first thing that comes to mind about coopbuildlm is "it looks lame" and not "corridors upon corridors of monsters that need to be mowed down like a series of unruly landscaping projects on repeat," then you probably should think about what you're doing a little bit more, lest the ghost of SpacePirate drag you to his watery grave to languish in eternal texture alignment issues.

AND WHY THE HELL IS THE LOGO FLASHING ITS EYES AT ME
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Lolwat Baah?

LOL indeed!

just read his last sentence and didnt care about reading the
rest of the thread :p

apart from that ... ADERETH A BIT
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Ronald wrote:
As far as I know, you can not enforce not being allowed to jump.

LIES. It's accomplished via MAPINFO.

Ah, I wasn't aware of this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: