ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trails 2 - Travels Through Space and Time.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShizzMasteR
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Trails 2 - Travels Through Space and Time. Reply with quote

ZOMG HERE CUM TEH BOX MAPZ!

Players: 2-4 (recommended 3).

Maps: MAP01-MAP19, plus MAP00 and MAP99 as bonus maps.

DMFLAGS: 50619684/34603481

Download: http://www.techsmartonline.com/shizzmaster/downloads/trails2.zip

Took like 2 damn years but here it is. Mostly bug-free, except for a few of the maps not quite functioning in our current version of Zdaemon. Those are listed in the text file. Enjoy.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
<phenex2> HOLYSHIT http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=12983
<TeenageDinosaur> Hmm yes, that is an excessive number of images.
<phenex2> nerd

That is indeed a crazy number of pix. But what the hell, it's fairly quiet around here and almost all of those pictures do just plain rock. Its clear that these particular boxmaps have had a lot of time put into them. Looks like there's a lot more variety than I'd have imagined possible with this concept too. Looking forward to seeing this on a server and getting some games in!
ShizzMasteR
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maps that work online with Zdaemon 1.08.08: 4,5 (snow effect doesn't appear),7,8,9,10,12 (thunder effect is out of sync though), 13, 14,17,18,19,99 and 00. The other maps have bugs associated with Zdaemon and will not work until future versions. Please note that there are no known bugs in the offline version.

This above is also in the text file.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's indeed quite some screenshots there, but I agree with Cybershark, they look great. I never really got around to trails, but after seeing these screenshots, you've got my attention. I think a mod like this would make an excellent victim for Zdaemon sessions. So go request that and fast a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have some exceptional textures there. The themes look very mixed up. I'll try to poke my nose around the maps a bit. Smile
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, this has always been interesting
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Shizz, I know you said boxmaps - and obviously I'm familiar with the original Trails - but man... I really didn't expect every single map to be a simple square. I'd really love to see this concept used on more varied layouts!

That moan aside then I was stunned by this. I forgot how cool your weapons could be and the map01... well, it just has to be the prettiest boxmap in teh wentire worlss EVAR. Some of the later maps seemed to not have enough distinguishing them but there is enough genius in here to compensate for that. The bouncy map and the icey one and map00 spring to mind.

I'll definitely get around to a full review on this if no-one else does. Also am bugging Krawa about setting up a server for it Wink
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing which bugs me alot with these maps is the fact when you step on someones trail it just makes you get a negative score whilst it would be bit more fun if it gave the person who put the trail there gain a frag. Everyone was always in the negative with all the dying and losing frags.
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played the wad with 4 players. Maps artwork is VERY impressive, but the maps are unplayable. The Floor is always red and everybody is on dying spree Sad
There is one map with invulnerably. You can rjump to there to get it. Then game play is ruined.
Maybe red tail should only hurt a player and not kill them and invulnerably should be inaccessibly.
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the idea of the trail, to kill you. It makes you have to think about movement, whereas in most cases, you can run around like an idiot in FFA and not get penalized for it. Here, if your movement isn't coordinated and thought out, you get punished. The maps are all basically squares anyway, so there shouldn't have to be too much thought put into it--just don't walk backwards.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with 'Nova. However I can see merit to making the trails only do partial damage as these maps are too small for sensible 4way games. I can see why Shizz wanted to market them that way as they're not likely to be taken seriously by duellers, but the fact is these boxes are too small for that many.

As regards RJ exploits then I'm not sure these maps should have freelook or jumping on.
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point nova but I dunno I still think it's abit over the top because when I'd spawn I'd get killed sometimes due to old trails. So then I've just lost the frag which took me quite abit of effort to get.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. The maps are wild. The environmental hazards were cool - the most memorable one being on map02. Map00 really appeals to me also. Very Happy

The levels are all impressive from a technical standpoint. The trails concept is implemented pretty well but the maps don't stand out from each other very much.

Anyway, it's pretty wacky stuff. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: