ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World Cup Draw
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordBritish
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: World Cup Draw Reply with quote

Thoughts? Happy? Sad? In the group of death?

BRING ON THE BRITS! :)
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germany's group gets the 'of death' title, although brazilian and dutch groups are close behind. i can't believe how fucking lucky the french got. lemme recap:
1- they fail their qualification group and go into the small playoff.
2- platini gets scared france might get russia or portugal and not qualify, so he changes the rules and the playoff draw is divided to seeded and unseeded halves. all of the sudden, very sneaky.
3- france fails to beat mediocre ireland, everyone is expecting a penalty shootout... oh wait, henry cheats france through by the most blatant handballing ever since maradona. the refs allow the goal and kill their carreers. platini is happy and says it cannot be undone through his fucking smug grin.
4- france gets drawn into the 'group of death by boredom'. south africa-mexico-uruguay? durrrr....
5- france looks forward to an easy last16 opponent. i hope it's argentina, so henry and maradona can have their 'clash of the cheaters' match.

boo france.
LordBritish
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewww wrote:
i hope it's argentina, so henry and maradona can have their 'clash of the cheaters' match. boo france.

The dirtiest handshake in world sports history.
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: World Cup Draw Reply with quote

LordBritish wrote:
Thoughts? Happy? Sad? In the group of death?

BRING ON THE BRITS! Smile

glad you brought this up LordBritish

our group is easy with USA, Algeria and Slovenia, (but sometimes England always finds a way to mess it up).

Should be England and USA going through in group C in a realistic world, but its not always as simple as that.

All we need to do is get rid of Emile Heskey, replace him with Jermaine Defoe, and swap Ben Foster for Rob Green Very Happy .

anyway good luck USA and all the other teams, you're gunna need it this time around

Also who are you supporting if your not in the world cup this time, like youself Dewww =P
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: World Cup Draw Reply with quote

[UBR]SwiftShot wrote:
Also who are you supporting if your not in the world cup this time, like youself Dewww =P

netherlands. they play kickass 4-3-3
CovWolf
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: World Cup Draw Reply with quote

We scored the most goals in the Qualifying stages in Europe, and we got Rooney who is gonna kick ass in South Africa.

Maradona is gonna do nothing with Argentina, and the favourites have to be us, Brazil or Spain, with Ivory Coast being the biggest upset of the tournament.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully germany vs italy final, only favourites are the brazilian though..hard to see england and spain as favourites as they choke too much
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SM*Dopefish wrote:
hopefully germany vs italy final, only favourites are the brazilian though..hard to see england and spain as favourites as they choke too much

Yeah you're right about us messing up alot, you just have to look at the qualifications to Euro 2008 for an example of that,, beat to it by Russia and Croatia.

Dewww, yeah your right about the Netherlands, they play nice football, and have some quality in Robin Van Perise etc
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SM*Dopefish wrote:

choke on some fat aussie dick?
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what the betting odds are for an Aussie vs New Zealand Final are =P
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to say it would be cool if USA played England on June 4th, then I remembered our Independence day is in July. Rolling Eyes

We lost to Ghana and the Czechs in 2006, time for some redemption.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be interesting...the Americans aren't bad but we should make it through, having group D next to us will make it tricky in round 2 though...any chance of an early Ashes replay? Razz

But I'm sure we'll fluff it in the later stages like usual, and a team full of cheats will win.

dewww wrote:
i can't believe how fucking lucky the french got. lemme recap:
1- they fail their qualification group and go into the small playoff.
2- platini gets scared france might get russia or portugal and not qualify, so he changes the rules and the playoff draw is divided to seeded and unseeded halves. all of the sudden, very sneaky.
3- france fails to beat mediocre ireland, everyone is expecting a penalty shootout... oh wait, henry cheats france through by the most blatant handballing ever since maradona. the refs allow the goal and kill their carreers. platini is happy and says it cannot be undone through his fucking smug grin.
4- france gets drawn into the 'group of death by boredom'. south africa-mexico-uruguay? durrrr....
5- france looks forward to an easy last16 opponent. i hope it's argentina, so henry and maradona can have their 'clash of the cheaters' match.

boo france.

Well, there's one word to sum it all up, as with everything in football - money. If France had failed to qualify, think of how much would've been lost through gate receipts, tv revenue, merchandise etc. therefore it's good business to ensure the big teams make it to every major competition. The same applies to the host nation getting to the later stages of international comps. (and this one has been proved more often but it's the same reason)
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like New Zealand making a Grand appearance since 1982 Razz

Even tho we aren't a strong soccer nation it be nice to see how we go up against the "top" guns..

But with my ego?? Nz #1 as always

Italy you going down !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't follow soccer much, so I really don't know who the best teams are. I do, however, know that USA is infamously bad but has been improving in the last 6 years. But whenever I have sat down to watch a game, I do admit that it's exciting.

Of course being an American, I'd love to see us do well. But everyone must meet their limits sooner or later. Since we will most likely not win, I am going to root for England because they're our ancestors! Smile

I can't believe I'm saying this, but GO USA AND GO BRITS!
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNova wrote:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but GO USA AND GO BRITS!

Woooo! ^_^
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewww wrote:

WRONG!!!

Mexico play consistently good, exciting football and they play more often than almost any other international side so they are a proper team, not just a bunch of players who hardly ever play together. Often they are among the first teams to qualify for the world cup. Every time I've ever seen them play I've been impressed. I really can't say the same for France. They play boring shitty football and they are extremely predictable. Also they are far from the side they used to be.

Uruguay aren't to be underestimated either, south american teams can cause upsets.

As for South Africa... They have the home advantage, look what happened last world cup, Germany were the hosts and they were revelling in it, i honestly think they had one of their weakest teams for years but with klinsmann in charge and with the home crowd behind them they were absolutely brilliant. I really don't think it's right to write off the host nation in any major tournament, they usually tend to give a good account of themselves.

BUZZING for England's group although i'd rather we'd gotten some bigger names in there. England panic when they face another good team and revert to the style of football they used to play under Steve Mclaren ---- NOT GOOD!!! If they could get a big team in the group stage at least they'd know what to expect.

I'm hoping to see France and Portugal embarrassed (further than they've already managed themselves) and maybe a tournament dominated by some "underdogs" for a change. I'll be cheering for england of course but when they get knocked out by someone they should beat i'll be cheering for NORTH KOREA ALL THE WAY!!!
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF GOATFACE IS BLACK :O
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually not me. It's a fellow doomer, I put it up and have been waiting for him to notice. It's been quite a while and he hasn't said anything so I may change it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Repins
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, i`m so pissed off about Ireland Evil or Very Mad
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullshit im pretty sure your not alllowed to play doom if you are african american
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: