ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vendetta #3 : Map choices and rules discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thadeuss
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewww wrote:
i don't want to hijack the sign up thread, so i'm redirecting my whining here.

Thadeuss wrote:
Sorry mate, I thought we discussed this a few weeks ago with Mortal and a few others in the channel.

eff that. discussed? yes, with no conclusion. you told me we would deal with this issue later. never happened.

Thadeuss wrote:
Clans are allowed one team only. If we have a terribly poor turn out of clans, then maybe we can have more than one team, but for now no. Some clans such as I>. QnB, THE, PLAS etc don't have enough players to field two active teams. Clans like UBR and CI would have an advantage then in fielding more than one team each, hell UBR could probably field 4 teams.

we have a strong roster capable of making two teams. these people came to our clan to play high stakes ctf, which is prominent in competitive games. to win, you need to train and get used to your team. rotating ~8 players in one team is retarded. forging a 'B team' and letting it play just the less challenging opponents is condescending and robs them of the reason they came to the clan in the first place. ignoring them for the sake of top efficiency... ehh, are you asking me to drive them out of the clan or what?

Thadeuss wrote:
While it may cause annoyance to the clans with bigger rosters (especially my own), I think it would cause a conflict of interest with clans being able to affect results through fixing etc.

i call bs. this logic dictates i should ban either mortal or welkin from euro 1on1 tourneys, because frankly, where else will you find greater potential for match fixing? 'etc' doesn't exactly calm my anger.

of course, vendetta is your tourney, so YOU run it as you see fit. organizing shit is tough and someone will always end up pissed off. i'm bitching, because it's unfair from my perspective. therefore, i won't press on the matter and just shut up and fuck off. as i said, there's enough people in CI to play even without myself.
Hope that clears that up.

Wow Dewww, I'm actually shocked at how you've taken this. I wouldn't do that to you in the tourneys you run, I might disagree about certain things, but you are the tourney admin and I'd just put it across without losing my temper.

Tuomio hit the nail on the head, clans with more teams mean they have a bigger chance of playing.It isn't my job to keep people in your clan if they will be angry that they can't play. Last time round, UBR used most of our players. This time round, probably only 4 or 5 players will feature. While those players haven't been decided yet I think players should be big enough to realise that not everyone can play.

I wasn't selected for Europe, but that's because the players that were are better than me, so I just move on and try to get better, your clan mates should do the same.

IF more than 2 clans have a team B, I'll happily run a Vendetta B along side this tourney. But otherwise, 1 team per clan is fairest.

Oh yeah and as for "consulting you" on the rules. You are not an admin in this tourney. We did talk about 2 teams per clan and I clearly said I thought it was a bad idea, so did Mortal, so it was 2-1 against Gyro.
dewww
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand that and you don't have to worry... i'll keep all my rage within the bounds of my clan's irc channels /because we even have two of those :)/
Sniper
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with good old rotating players?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: