ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exodus 1on1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZERO99
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason for the simple theme is actually to show off the gameplay not the texturing. I tryed something different to give detail to a pretty much flat walled map and this map was inteneded for tournament 1on1 play. so giving it such a simple detail trick to leave it open for optimum gameplay.

i noticed much older style maps are classics because they have next to no real complex detail like mappers tend to do now adays. so i tryed to do a mix of cleaning up the walls and making it a bit more pretty to look at as well. i think over all the experiment came out with some good awnsers to questions that plagued my mind, and i have something new in the works i might post some screenshots later once more work is completed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DoomKid
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing i love about the way it looks (and the thing I find i love about alot of good wads) is thats its crisp and clean, and not crammed up with detail. When the focus on detail out weighs the focus and a clean smooth 1on1 or DM, then SHIT is served to you on a silver platter. This, however, is an example of a map where you can remove all detail and the gameplay is unaltered (aside from the atmosphere, of course.)

Though im not a fan of the whole "Dark brown, somewhat gothic" look, this map pulls it off VERY well. I'm more a fan of tech-bases or hellish maps Wink

Im likin' it! hope to see another DM or duel map from you some time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: