ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exodus 1on1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Exodus 1on1 Reply with quote

Download
Dm Flags: 201796 1536

Screenies ( these are darker then the actual map. )

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
david-gross
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good map Surprised
Had alot of fun during the betas, and things like that..

I'll also be hosting this map for awhile (Upstate NY server)
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cybershark if your around maybe move this one in to wad editing seems like people are to shy to post here.

edit: there might be a few more bugs i have not discovered but im pretty sure this is bug free.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO99 wrote:
cybershark if your around maybe move this one in to wad editing seems like people are to shy to post here.

Actually, I plan on writing a review on this one. I just need to find some more time (maybe tomorrow, its my day off)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you lockwolf i always enjoy peoples reviews and gauge how people take my ideals of what doom gameplay should be, take your time if you dont get it out tomorrow dont sweat it.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO99 wrote:

What do you mean if???

Am I not Cybershark the mighty? The omniscient?! THE DOWNRIGHT TROLLTASTIC???!?!?!?111

*ahem* So yeah, it can be moved but honestly it's a total coin toss whether it'll get more feedback here or there. Let's see if we can get it a server and then see what happens.
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david-gross wrote:
Pretty good map Surprised
Had alot of fun during the betas, and things like that..

I'll also be hosting this map for awhile (Upstate NY server)

i have had a server for it since the beta's and seems like it still running a beta version. ill see what i can do about getting it updated to the release version.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizoN-XL #08 - Exodus 1on1

Yep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I said it was coming, I know I'm late but that doesn't pass up the awesomeness of this map.

Gameplay: I must say, this map flows really well. I can just run circles around this map with its small yet large hallways. It almost has a Judas23 feel to it. If you were going for that feel, good job, you did it. Probably the only 2 things I didn't like gameplay wise was first off, how easy the BFG is to get. Ususally, these should be more of a risk/reward pickup. Second, I don't (and I'm probably one of the few on this) like the fact that there is a spawn right by the BFG. I hate being raped by some guy who was lucky enough to spawn right by a BFG.

Detail: Amazing detail. It really has a gothic feel to it. One thing that stood out to me was the fact that you didn't just plaster a texture up there and call it good. I like how you molded some of the detail straight into the wall instead of plastering some texture up there to simulate it. Probably the only thing I didn't like were the windows you can jump through in the middle. The floor and celing textures could be different to match the sides a little better. Also, the teleporter behind the rocket laucncher is a little plain.

Overall: Probably one of the best new maps to be made. If you want a great & fun duel map that has a Judas feel to it, give this one a shot.

Rating: 9.5/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems since i started my little 1on1 spree of mapping, i just seem to learn more each time and top my self again and again. I hope now to bring more to the table of the mapping community now dispite almost giving it up due to lack of interest / popularity of my works. I look at mapping and games as a form of art. Mapping is my block of marble and i will sculpt what i call "The Balance" the balance is taking every aspect of a map detail, feel, gameplay, flow, atmosphere, etc. and making it as good as possible in a balance that will overwhelm a player in to a new world. Anyone can make something look good, anyone can make something play good. But can they acheve all at once is something that i have had alot of trial and error with and i think im just starting to scratch the surface of this and am going in the right direction.

Last edited by ZERO99 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
RussianDumbass
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This map is awesome! Very Happy The game-style resembles Judas, but with a lot more window jumping going on. Plus, the MIDI rules XD.
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping my own thread in search of more reviews i still have questions about this map i want answered by people besides friends that beta tested.
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is it hosted? fancy a game?
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO99 wrote:
i still have questions about this map i want answered by people besides friends that beta tested.

You haven't asked any questions at all. Laughing Lockwolf gave you a review, what else do you specifically want to know?
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consigliori wrote:

I have been trying a few places to this get hosted but the hosts are a little reluctant to even give me a straight answer. I have asked unfy but never really got a reply on it since each time i asked him about it he still had not even taken a look at the map yet, I also asked a few others with no reply as well.

I only ever asked North American server hosts because i want to break the chain of the same old maps in this area, but it seems like Im going to have to try to get it on some euro servers seeing as hey are more willing to try something new then hit North America.

Quote:
You haven't asked any questions at all. Laughing Lockwolf gave you a review, what else do you specifically want to know?

there are questions in my mind about how people will take this map and use it. The questions I want to have answered Im not going to blatantly ask, i have some concepts and theories on human actions in situations i have placed in this map just want to see if Im right or not before i continue with any other maps in the future.
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consigliori wrote:

finally got a hoster play it here: Dwango United - Connecticut #05(Exodus 1on1)

Anyone looking for a game you can pm me ill play you if im around.
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thats a good server for me to play on i'll see if i can get a game or three tonight.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't forgotten to comment on this one! And it seems a good time to do so now as it's currently coming to the end of its run on the Euro NS tourney.

As I recall the reason I never gave much feedback on it before was because I only got to play it a couple of times and it just seemed too freeform to me so I wasn't sure what to make of it. I like that kind of non-restrictive layout, where you can climb stuff, run through holes and there's always 2 or 3 ways out of every situation. BUT it seemed to be done to excess here and at times it felt more like a kids adventure playground than a cohesive map.

So let's see, what else? Well it has a clever name! Anybody trying to run it as an FFA or Co-op will look like a right tit.

Texturing... ok, well this is a snag. See this kind of Medieval/Gothic texturing annoys me. I get that Zero wanted a moody dungeon-esque atmosphere but all that rusty metal just doesn't give enough of a contrast here. That may sound a little petty but bear with me - the problem is that there's all these metal/riveted surfaces of just the type that are usually used as lifts so I'm not instinctively sure just what the hell I should be pressing. When I do find a lift it turns out to use a blander texture than much of the surrounding walls! Hello?!
Likewise there's a bunch of skulls-in-squares used as decoration but also as a switch. So I can't always plainly see what's a ladder or a lift or a switch and this just seems to me to be deliberately set out to confuse. Hell, even the teleports just look like plain alcoves here!

So my every instinct here is telling me that this map should not work - and yet it does! Surprised
After I'd played it once or twice I'd come to terms with all the visual quirks and felt pretty comfortable with it. Every map should have a learning curve, and this one is actually quite gentle.

The weapon placement is pretty spot-on. The only thing I didn't like was the lower SSG which is parked in that depression in the metal rim. It's fine if you spawn on it or want to grab it from the floor but it looks like you should be able to get it by running over the top of it too. Idk, just bugged me.

There may have been a couple of little places where I got snagged occasionally but the map's rooms and corridors are all spacious enough that this shouldn't often be a problem. Much better than some of those passages in Legend! Wink
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
So my every instinct here is telling me that this map should not work - and yet it does! Surprised

ZERO99 = Doing it different since 2007
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally put this map in one of my top 20 favorite duel maps. Never been that keen on gothic themed maps but the gameplay makes me jizz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: