ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDDL Finalization, Are YOU Ready to Start?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: ZDDL Finalization, Are YOU Ready to Start? Reply with quote

Hello again everyone!

The league should be starting sometime next week, this means we need to get quite a few things done in a short period of time, and one of those things is MAP VOTING!

The vote, located on the right side of this page, has currently 20 votes, and there are 48 players signed up, and more than that have accounts on this site. This is around 40% vote turnout.

So everyone reading this, get to voting so we can finalize the league! Everyone should be stopping by #zddl on irc.quakenet.org at least once in a while to check for updates. The draft divisions have been posted here: http://pastebin.com/m90671f3

I'd also like to announce for those who do not know, www.tastyspleen.tv will be broadcasting and shoutcasting our league matches live over the internet. Special thanks to Jehar, who runs tastyspleen, and is a Quakelive.tv member, for providing this service.

This also means that we should be pretty strict on scheduling our matches. If you schedule a match with an opponent at a given time, please announce it in the forums, this will give us the best chances of broadcasting your game live over the internet. And if you schedule, please show up, or at least announce that you're postponing the scheduled game, if a game is finalized and scheduled, and it is to be casted and you do not show up without letting us know, a forfeit will be the most likely outcome.

So everyone, we got live streams to watch games, we got the map vote up, we got the draft divisions up, so let's get things moving, if you have any concerns please feel free to e-mail us, leave a message on the forum, or stop by IRC.

http://www.cdevastation.com/zddl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ZDDL Finalization, Are YOU Ready to Start? Reply with quote

DevastatioN wrote:

shoutcasting our league matches live over the internet.

yeah, can't wait what a shoutcaster will do, when a diligent player is camping for 10 minutes eg the boomstick area at map01
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That area in Map1 has been fixed for the league.

Secondly, thanks for showing your wonderful support for a game that you play, and obviously helping us to bring it into better conditions.

You're hard work and understanding are greatly appreciated, I wish we had more members of the community like you willing to help us move things along.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fastidious
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you guys pimp the good Div1/Div 2 matches on ESR/other sites to try and get some non-Doom players watching them. Then in the future they might try the actual game out.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevastatioN wrote:
That area in Map1 has been fixed for the league

Hopefully that means that you have removed the crazy switch idea business?
xx
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, no need to get tetchy..just saying..if the map layout is very big map01, dwango5map01 maybe king1 then you can have two players standing at opposide side of the map each, without wanting to move for some minutes. And how are you gonna comment that? better prepare some jokes..
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevastatioN wrote:
That area in Map1 has been RUINED for the league.

Fixed
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turska: I kind of agree, but it was that or toss the map for good unfortunately.

Fast: It's announced on tastyspleen, and had mention on Quakelive.tv, but that's a good idea to bring some of the good matches there, thanks.
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vote for flood or I kill you
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i'd rather not touch such abomination Smile but i will be following the shoutcasts for sure!
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SM*Dopefish wrote:
lol, no need to get tetchy..just saying..if the map layout is very big map01, dwango5map01 maybe king1 then you can have two players standing at opposide side of the map each, without wanting to move for some minutes. And how are you gonna comment that? better prepare some jokes..

For those who can speak English properly, you'd be surprised what could be said. I don't know why you make a big deal out of it as you wouldn't be able to understand it anyway. That'd be like me watching the spanish channel from a H.D T.V. Sure, the picture is nice but I have no clue what's being said!

At any rate, I don't take what you have to say very serious. I'm glad to know you care enough to offer your opinion, but I think they can handle the leagues' promotion without your brilliant intellect.

But hey, if you're looking for work, I got a deck that needs some fixing-up in my backyard. I'll leave you my name, phone number, address and schedule so that you can call me at my most convenient time. Thanks!
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNova wrote:
For those who can speak English properly, you'd be surprised what could be said. I don't know why you make a big deal out of it as you wouldn't be able to understand it anyway. That'd be like me watching the spanish channel from a H.D T.V. Sure, the picture is nice but I have no clue what's being said!

oh man, seriously. stop before you're awarded the moron of the month prize.
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? It's true!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevastatioN wrote:
it was that or toss the map for good unfortunately.

LOL I just saw what you guys did to it! If you really felt the need to bastardise it to that degree then you should have probably just tossed it.
It feels like a Nutty map now.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNova wrote:
SM*Dopefish wrote:

At any rate, I don't take what you have to say very serious. I'm glad to know you care enough to offer your opinion, but I think they can handle the leagues' promotion without your brilliant intellect.

But hey, if you're looking for work, I got a deck that needs some fixing-up in my backyard. I'll leave you my name, phone number, address and schedule so that you can call me at my most convenient time. Thanks!

eh? just trying to tell doom is sometimes campy and players seem to be bound to not move, cause they care too much..=> hard job for commentators..if you are not able to understand that, then I am sorry for you

in the rest of your post I don't see any point or backthought

Last edited by Dopefish on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNova wrote:

yes, cause you enjoy being a twat
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNova wrote:

Are you a retard or just racist?
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha holy shit, two people posted. Well, I guess I have some explaining to do!

First off, Dopefish, I got the sense from your post that you were trying to make a joke out of the idea of people calling the game. I know you have a tendency to be like that. I happen to have a lot of support for that as I think it's an awesome feature to have. There are times where there will be camping, but there will also be brilliant moments where the announcers bring the game even more to life.

I shouldn't have made the deck joke, but that's exactly what it was: a joke. So, I'm not going to apologize for that. As far as what I said about your ability to understand? Well, I apologize for the context of what I said but not the content. It is absolutely true that this will bring everything to life and promote ZDaemon in general. I had my doubts with this working, but after I saw it being called on QL and some of Dev's work, I really became a big fan of this. I think you will, too.

Eagle-Eye wrote:
Are you a retard or just racist?

Considering we're both white (I'm assuming he is), I don't really see any racism here. If you think making a joke about ones inability to speak a different dialect is racist, I suggest you look the word up and study it a bit more before throwing it around like that.

Now, if you're offended by the nature of the post, that's fine. But to call it racist is a bit extreme. Trust me when I say this, I'm far from racist.

So, for the sake of keeping this thread alive, I'll apologize. If you think that comment is racist, too, then I suppose I just can't win.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, this is not the off-topic section: either cut the crap or I'll start removing posts (and perhaps forum accounts). DevastatioN & Jkist are kind enough to organize this: respect that please and stop petty arguments detracting from the tourney.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: