ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDDL level nominations.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: ZDDL level nominations. Reply with quote

Hello again!

Even though ZDaemon Duel League will not be officially starting until another two weeks, it is time to nominate maps that will be voted on for the fifth map in ZDDL season 3.

For those of you who are unfamiliar of how this process works, each year the ZDDL administration chooses four maps to be included in the official maplist for the tournament. The ZDDL community is then able to choose the fifth map that will be included in the official map list by voting from a list of "nominated" maps. While the voting will not start until the season begins, the nomination process begins before the start of the season.

Anyways, here are the guidelines for nominating a map:

(1) Anyone is able to nominate a map; this includes people who will not be participating in ZDDL. (However, with that said, only ZDDL members will be able to participate in the voting process.)

(2) The map that you nominate must be a deathmatch map. (You can't nominate maps such as zdctf map04 or coopbuildlm map01 because they were not implemented for deathmatch, obviously.)

(3) You cannot nominate maps that are for games other than Doom such as Heretic for example. (Nominating a Doom1 deathmatch map is fine though.)

(4) You may nominate ONE map only. We don't need thousands of maps to choose from.

(5) Obviously, you cannot nominate maps that don't work with ZDaemon. Duh!

(6) Some maps with custom items or behaviors can be nominated. (For example, if someone nominated a map that uses the railgun, such as the TLSDM series, we actually would be able to get it to work in ZDDL using dehsupp.)

(7) You may not nominate maps that are broken. This means that if the map does not work, we will not attempt to fix it.

[8] If the wad you choose to nominate has more than one level, be sure to include the level number with your nomination! (Example: Do not put Dwango7.wad as a nomination, that wad contains many maps. Instead, put something like Dwango7 map03.)

(9) Do not nominate "ludicrous" maps. Example of this include: joke maps, skin wads, texture wads, Dodgeball Doom, racing maps, and DogTag maps.

(10) If a map has already been nominated by someone, do not nominate it again.

(11) You may not nominate the following maps as they have already been nominated by the ZDDL admins: Dwango5.wad map02, Lazarusij.wad map04, ssl2.wad, Dwango6.wad map01, Pobla8.wad, King1.wad, Boo.wad, Dweller2.wad map11, Moo2d.wad, Dweller2.wad map01, and Doom2.wad map01.

In addition to this, you may not nominate these maps either as they are official maps: Dwango5.wad map01, Dwango5.wad map07, Doom2.wad map01, and Judas23_.wad.

(12) Update: Sorry guys, I was under the wrong impression, but for sanity's sake you can't nominate maps that require NS settings like jump and freelook to play due to the fact that ZDDL uses the Total Trash flags for playing. Before you nominate a map, make sure that it will play properly with the official flags. (Dmflags: 201796 Dmflags2: 132608).

(With that said, I'm most likely going to have to take back my cduel1_.wad nomination. While it still would be playable, it just wouldn't work right without jump. Perhaps if time permits, I can make a special version of it for ZDDL that works with os flags, since little would have to be altered to accomplish this.)

The ZDDL admins have the right to refuse a map, even if it follows all of these guidelines. Flaming or bashing of any kind will NOT be tolerated. If you do not like a person's map choice, then KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! If this thread becomes a huge flame war, then it will be locked.

I hope everyone will have a great time with ZDDL this year! Smile

(P.S. I'm considering making short videos that show off each nominated map. That way maps that are less well known will have a chance in getting voted in.)

Last edited by Madgunner on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go ahead and jump start this process by nominating cduel1_.wad.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see King1.wad in the main 5
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ZDDL level nominations. Reply with quote

Madgunner wrote:
(P.S. I'm considering making short videos that show off each nominated map.

I think I had an old Lazarus Map04 video sitting around that had the fundamental gameplay and even tricks. Let me dig it up.

EDIT: http://www.filefront.com/14544401/Map04.avi/
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madgunner wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and jump start this process by nominating cduel1_.wad.

Even though I probably wont be joining this league I would love to suggest that map aswell Smile.
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle-Eye: King1 has already been nominated by the admins Razz. Be sure to vote on it when the season begins!

DX-Chain: Thanks, I'll use this video if I get around to doing all of this. While I really want to do this, I'm afraid that I have no idea on how easy this will be to accomplish. Does anyone have any advice on what program(s) I should use to make the videos? And how hard is it to make videos with them?
Koreyko
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madgunner wrote:
Does anyone have any advice on what program(s) I should use to make the videos?

To capture...

http://www.camstudio.org
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fraps!
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thatguy.sinthos-soft.com/1on1-maps/Exodus1on1.zip

might as well try.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
whiteboy567
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's UROBOROS????
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteboy567 wrote:
Where's UROBOROS????

Currently, it is not on the list of nominated maps. You are free to nominate it if you wish.

Edit:

Cybershark wrote:
I kinda think that was Whitey's way of doing so Wink

Yep, your right Cybershark! You do know your whiteboy quite well. Razz

Whiteboy567 wrote:

<Madgunner> hey on the forums today you posted why wasnt uroburos on the list
<Madgunner> did you want to nominate it?
<Madgunner> i wasnt quite sure hehe
<whiteboy567> of course man
<Madgunner> alright thanks ill put it down
<Madgunner> just wanted to doublecheck Smile
<whiteboy567> it was also my way of demanding that it be on there
<whiteboy567> lol it's cool
<Madgunner> oh hehe yeah cybershark thought that hehe
<Madgunner> but yeah consider it on

Last edited by Madgunner on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda think that was Whitey's way of doing so Wink
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flood, as it stands in it's Crimson beta.

The "Compiled By Doomination" texture can be removed if need be, if it is even in this version.. I didn't check.
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, cool nominations so far guys.

Edit: The ending date has been changed to Tuesday 9/22. You must get your nominations in by 12:00 P.M. EST. I apologize for this, but it had to be changed to provide ZDDL with more voting time.

Last edited by Madgunner on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh ok, as the game settings look to be fairly negotiable and as everyone else is suggesting their own stuff then I might as well come and nominate what's been one of my more popular tourney maps:

elv (which is quite GetWADable)

Last edited by Cybershark on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought settings weren't negotiable? It's strictly (old) ns style, (crosshair + no autoswitch and no silent spawns?) etc.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I thought it was all OS until I saw Madgunner had suggested cDUEL. But ah yes, I see he's added a late guideline in there now. Odd set of DMFLAGS you got there to be sure Confused

Also I really don't see how you could hope to make an 'OS version' of cDUEL Mad. You'd probably be better off using the Lazarus original.

Anyways, consider my suggestion revised accordingly. The original elv works better with those kinda settings.
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle-Eye wrote:

I thought settings weren't negotiable? It's strictly (old) ns style, (crosshair + no autoswitch and no silent spawns?) etc.

Yeah your right, the DMFLAGS aren't negotiable. The wad has to be playable under the Total Trash default DMFLAGS, which is a mixture of OS and NS flags (i.e. crosshairs and PWO is allowed, but jump, freelook, and instant switching aren't)

Cybershark wrote:
Yeah I thought it was all OS until I saw Madgunner had suggested cDUEL. But ah yes, I see he's added a late guideline in there now. Odd set of DMFLAGS you got there to be sure Confused

Also I really don't see how you could hope to make an 'OS version' of cDUEL Mad. You'd probably be better off using the Lazarus original.

Anyways, consider my suggestion revised accordingly. The original elv works better with those kinda settings.

Actually, making cduel1 ZDDL compatible wasn't that hard at all. I just added in a few jump pads and did a few other things and it works fine without jumping enabled. I'll include it in the beta 6 version of the ZDDL wad I release tomorrow. Hopefully it won't alter the gameplay too much. That's the only thing that concerns me.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, well of course you can make an 'OS' version of anything you choose. Obviously I was refering to how the end result would then play and if that resultant map could be judged to be any kind of relation. cDUEL was intended to take advantage of instaswitch weapons, teleporting missiles, etc so I think you'd end up with a very diluted version at best.

Now, as far as enabling jumping goes...
Did you know you can add the command 'nojump' into the MAPINFO of a WAD? It means that regardless of the server settings jumping will be impossible for the duration of any map that uses it. So if you have a bunch of OS maps compiled and want to throw in a single NS one (that utilises jumping) then you'd simply enable jump on the server settings, add 'nojump' to all of the map definitions aside from the NS one and you'd be all set.
Shakal
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLSD2004 Map13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: