ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA vs EURO - Take 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree Chain, they are so rare that a winner should be declared. So any update on this, what's happening?
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turSKA wrote:
K masta was being emo true i give you that. But the rest, well, i guess we have to disagree whats drama and whats not

Its the same for you Nostar : When I disagree with people on this team, especially with .CI. (in the past "small precision" I do not want you take me back again) It is normal that I react this way! Everyone knows I would certainly not with the USA. Rolling Eyes It seems so logical ... not you? then stop again to get things to false conclusions.

GL EVERYONE
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Here's the score

As far as I know the Euro team has fallen apart. Nero seems to have dropped as captain and I can't get a hold of him at all. I have heard some rumors about Mortal or maybe some czech players taking over the helm, but not in time to make our game date.

As far as Team USA goes we are ready to play this Sunday under the terms I listed above. If you guys are ready we'll still play however I am under the impression that there isn't really a team for us to play at this time. We are planning on challenging Canada soon so let me know if you guys still want to play, and have enough willing people.

This was a nice try, but clearly there is too much drama in the EU to make a super team right now. I suggest electing a more stable captain, Gyrossman for instance !!!

Master I have no idea what you said. You are an emo dude sometimes but I still like you Smile

Let me know if I've listed anything above that is inaccurate.
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't play we'll claim an easy victory.

ggs usa we lost Very Happy

well i mean yes this game maybe won't happen. we will see
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe such a cool suggestion and match it will be is just THROWN away because of a fricking 'arguement' (just two dickheads argues who has the biggest ego) between two MALE men. Your relationship drama fails and therefor YOU BOTH FAIL.

Can't believe this. So on the internet impossible does happen.

And one more question. Why is it so hard for some people to let the small, little and tinier things than tinydm GO? Come on man. Razz

Let's all forget everything, forget you are an emo, forget you can't let things go, just play and have some F-U-N!
Intoxicate
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is silly,

euro have plenty of players gagging for a match

AFAIK Nero is still captain and the team was ready
Euro even have a B team i thought...

why can't you all just play nicely? Very Happy
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All non-EURO A - USA guys stop posting after me.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Evo.

I think no matter what Europe should field a team no matter who it is even if we get raped. It isn't fair to mess the USA team around imo. They've put a team together so lets just do it. Gyro, Mortal or Dewww should captain.
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks guys if you dont start doing things right and getting this on the road then I'm just gunna have to play USA on myself. DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT? Me [XXX]Fluffles playing the whole of USA. Look at how much of a embarassment that would be eh?
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you guys posting who aren't involved need to stop it. No one is crying over anything. The Euro team lost a captain and is figuring out if they are still going to play. The USA team isn't claiming victory (although we could) we're just saying that our team is ready and the date agreed on is coming up.

Second, the reason these games get taken seriously is because the players in the game are highly competitive and it's a rare occasion. It's similar in all sports and leagues. I don't see why this isn't evident to all of you people posting "Just play". We want to play, fairly, and that is why it takes this arduous process to happen.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to play. Only problem is that we have over captain so. And if he want to do Mortal, I'm pretty sure he would not have a say in the team. And somewhere, it's true Nostar, that his would harm to miss a game like this Razz
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i'll just assemble my own euro team by sunday and we'll play with good players
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried asking around for another captain to step forward but some seem reluctant. I'll see what else I can do, and sorry for the inconvenience my problems have caused.
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far as I've heard the Euro team isn't prepared to play this Sunday. I am personally making other plans and will not as of now be available to play either. If Team Euro gets a new cap please let Humanbones or myself know. I do not hold out hope, however, as this seems to have resulted in a lot of talk and no game. Maybe a hungry team CZ is rumbling in the background Smile

Anyway good try Euros, it was a valiant effort. It was probably a mistake for us to challenge a whole continent anyway. Maybe we can slice you guys up into chewable chunks and spit you out one at a time now Smile
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoStar wrote:
Anyway good try Euros, it was a valiant effort. It was probably a mistake for us to challenge a whole continent anyway. Maybe we can slice you guys up into chewable chunks and spit you out one at a time now Smile

So this means that the whole thing isnt happening now? Confused
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoStar wrote:
So far as I've heard the Euro team isn't prepared to play this Sunday. I am personally making other plans and will not as of now be available to play either. If Team Euro gets a new cap please let Humanbones or myself know. I do not hold out hope, however, as this seems to have resulted in a lot of talk and no game. Maybe a hungry team CZ is rumbling in the background Smile

To be fair, you guys also cancelled playing Europe first, when they were able too. So I don't think it's as black and white as it sounds. Obviously rl issues with Nero mean he is unable to carry on.

Lets just give the captaincy to Mortal or Gyro and get them organising it.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just to clarify we didn't cancel before; we were asked to put a team together and we were unable to do so. Nothing had been set in stone. So please, none of that. But anyway, looking forward to playing this soon!
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle-Eye wrote:

Anyways, Star has said he has to postpone this game 2 weeks back, so who knows, maybe it'll get pushed back n back like last time. I'll try to see if we can all make this other date now.

As far as I was aware it did get cancelled, but anyways doesn't mater now, hope another date gets set.
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: For all who followed this Reply with quote

This seems for have fallen apart. I am hoping some interesting things happen from other countries as a result of this (/me looks at CZ).

I don't have any intention of laying blame in this post. Just to sum up a bit. For my part I think team USA was fairly together and willing. It just came down to the player base for the EU being to dispersed and not having a very vocal or active captain at the time (personal situations aside). I would like to say that it was nice to see the interest in National games flare up again. Maybe there could be a round robin event in the future for those interested (maybe a new league if someone gets ambitious). Fastidious had an idea a while back about a Nations Cup event, somewhat like ZDDL, wherein there would be regular season games and then playoff brackets for national teams. It always struck me as very exciting if only it was feasible.

Other than that I can say I enjoyed the boasting from the EU long as it lasted, especially EuroX. He's a champ and clearly should put a GB team in working order for us to smack around a little.

Just some thoughts. I got to thinking that no one really put this thread to bed, and as much talking as went on here I thought it might have needed that. Maybe next time Euros!

PS: check out IDL signups! :
http://forums.intldoomleague.org/index.php?topic=140.0
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of doing something like that for duels in the distant future, I would be willing to host a site like that using KMLeague as we do ZDDL, but would need a bunch of representatives from each nation to come forward in the helping of that.

THe only real problem is, there needs to be a world standard set for DMFlags really, Euro and USA play completely different flags.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: