ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA vs EURO - Take 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poignant
Still Spamming

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surley both sides could come to a tie breaker map or something? Its looking pretty petty right now. I care less whoever wins or the rules, I really don't see why this must turn into a shitfest of drama.
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poignant wrote:
Surley both sides could come to a tie breaker map or something? Its looking pretty petty right now. I care less whoever wins or the rules, I really don't see why this must turn into a shitfest of drama.

I agree that it really doesn't have to turn into such an affair, but when you take into consideration that the USA side was foolishly mocked for a perceived lack of organizational skills to get a team together, you gotta admit this is quite the stunt from the Euro team.

I'm still down for some games of course, just as soon as something can be worked out amongst our Euro friends.
Poignant
Still Spamming

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my comments was not directed at any side. The same for my next, the challenge has been set, let's compromise meet half way or even play them at there own game. EU/US is not spoken from 5 player.

Is it on or not?

Skip the bullshit lets see some results I say Twisted Evil
Andyman3k
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do it ffs. It's just a game at the end of the day. Have some fucking fun.
n00bs
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no drama. Euro team is still up and running. Rolling Eyes Just one rule issue to be worked out thats all. Seems like yanks want to make it into some zdraaamaaaa
MetalBlack
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turSKA wrote:
I see no drama. Euro team is still up and running. Rolling Eyes Just one rule issue to be worked out thats all. Seems like yanks want to make it into some zdraaamaaaa

Lol looks to be the opposite, USA issued a challenge with a decent set of terms aside from the flag tie-breaker which I don't see why CZ is making a stink about it. I still cant comprehend what is unfair about that, each team jas just as equal an opportunity to win.
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turSKA wrote:

There are 3 instances that I quote not to mention Nero being MIA in all of this. I will list them for ya just to reference quickly Smile

Masta wrote:
PARAPHRASED FOR COMPREHENSION:
I QUIT GL USA

dewww wrote:
- funebrak joins dopefish and refuses to play, unconditionally. this most probably includes czegi, too.

dewww wrote:
- every other czech in the extended team (me, gyrossman, titan and spirit_crusader) refuses to play the match with the flag deciding rule. it is crap and when i mentioned it to my friend from q3 scene, he rofled lenghtily.

Anyway as it stands Masta has quit and rejoined, Fune/czegi/dope have all dropped and the rest of the CZ team is boycotting their team publicly. That IS ZDRAMA. However I would like to have this played so if someone would please get back to me on when we can get this played I would appreciate it.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have a vote for: most flags wins or most matches win.

END OF DRAMA
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K masta was being emo true i give you that. But the rest, well, i guess we have to disagree whats drama and whats not
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Star, why not try ignoring everyone else and chat to me rather than making things worse here. I'll be on IRC. The team is not falling apart, seems like some of the bullshit coming out is trying to make it look worse than anything is, it's all good, no worries. This is just a game afterall, let's not stress over it.

Oh and lol
NoStar wrote:
However I would like to have this played so if someone would please get back to me on when we can get this played I would appreciate it.
Remember we had a date? And who changed it? That's right, you. Let's just leave this to irc from now.
Shadow_Ghost
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:

END OF DRAMA

I think the problem was that they have decided to have most flags deciding winniner in case of a TIE, with the main method being games won. So you can't really vote on most matches won as being the tie breaker when they use that same method primarily and tied
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoStar wrote:

Winner determined by maps won; in the event of a tie total flags captured will determine.
Date: Tentatively slated for September 13th, 2009

The reason for postponement was that the end of August is move-in time for college students stateside so we're looking to avoid problems in that area. With any luck this will go off the middle of September.

Hey you're not on IRC almost ever when I am or I totally would have messaged you...now for instance. I pushed the date back like...2 weeks ago. That shouldn't be an issue at all as the American side has no issue with the current rules or date. If all is well in the Euro camp then I expect this to take place on Sept. 13th. However it occurs to me that half your team is not going to play with the current terms and I haven't been able to get a hold of you until just today via the forums. So let me know if you can play the 13th (mid afternoon EST) and we can slate it for then. As for the flag tie-breaker situation, I see no viable alternative. If one arises we will consider it thoroughly.

And for the record it wasn't my intention to "make things worse." I am simply trying to get some kind of firm understanding of what is happening and when. This seems to be the "forum" in which I have been able to do so and as you have responded promptly, has proved an effective one. No worries then, let's get this done Smile
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole affair stinks of fail. This should have been agreed on before it was posted in the forums. This whole thread has undermined the entire match and made it look as if, between you, you couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. All because people have to speculate over something that should never have been voiced here, and should have been sorted out when this match was mentioned in the first place.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, if team Euro would let me play for them (to guarantee a win ofcourse) a tie breaker wouldnt even be necessary Rolling Eyes
Shadow_Ghost
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
i dont think anybody should really worry about flags being a tie breaker, if i were to defend we wouldnt lost a single flag anyway so i dnt kno why everyone is makin such a big deal outta nothin Confused

cmonnn steww i think we got the point by now Razz
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weaponx is just trying to tell you guys that fighting over minor game rules is pathetic and should just play some games instead of using this time fighting. Plus everyone knows his statements are jokes because he is shit-as.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still see no reason as to why flags cant be used as a tie breaker, the game is CAPTURE THE FLAG, surely most flag captures makes absolute sense when it comes to a tie break.

Likeliness will be that team Euro will win as im now playing for them Rolling Eyes
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:

END OF DRAMA

Do you even read the other posts before making one?
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 1cent:

why can't you then just call it a tie/draw and don't have a tiebreaker? in cricket, quite often series are tied and the team that takes the "trophy" is the winner from the previous series (also happens in rugby league). there may or may not have been a previous series in this case, but i think people just want to see some results of some games, and there doesn't necessarily need to be a winner.

my other idea is to decide it on the total number of pea-shooter kills Very Happy (using my program)
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that these international matches don't happen often, it would make more sense to have a clear winner rather than leaving things up to speculation until the next year(s)/etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: