ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA vs EURO - Take 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikehail wrote:
british humor=make everybody think you are a jackass

weaponx is a pretty cool guy eh whines about ping and doesnt afraid of not playing yanks

american humour = friends. nuff said.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master has left.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I removed you from the list ages ago.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, except it was my attention also.
I hope others will.

GL USA
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL!
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to say, but master is also one of the best player in euro.. thats make euro weakness
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All hail king nero.
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta agree with Mortalogy here. Despite what most of you Euros think about him personally(and all the chaos guys quite frankly) I'm pretty sure he'd mop the floor with every euro who has posted here. Not that it's important though, just my two cents.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Hatred, Master is better than most of the other players in the squad imo. Nero and Master should put their differences aside for the team, but it ain't gonna happen and maybe it's for the best that one has left for morale etc.

Hopefully there'll be no more drama and Europe can just get to training.Certainly atm USA seems like a much stronger unit, but this could change if the team trains together.

We should put all of our energy into cloning Mortal 4 times.
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:

We should put all of our energy into cloning Mortal 4 times.

holy FUCK stop it!

Cmon Thad. Razz
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back after an arrangement with Nero.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

myself wrote:
i really really really really strongly disagree with flags to be used as a tie-breaker.

ok, a week has passed with just one dismissing response from nostar to my previous complaint. here's the deal:

- funebrak joins dopefish and refuses to play, unconditionally. this most probably includes czegi, too.

- every other czech in the extended team (me, gyrossman, titan and spirit_crusader) refuses to play the match with the flag deciding rule. it is crap and when i mentioned it to my friend from q3 scene, he rofled lenghtily.

- me and funebrak are the new co-captains of the czech ctf team, so this is an 'official statement'. it's also in accordance with the politics of the previous leadership that saw agreeing to the rule as their bad mistake.

nero, i know you're trying to achieve something unprecedented with the real euro team and i applaud your effort, but there's still so much flaws... i'm willing to help you work them out and you know it, but right now, it's headed into a dead end.

(p.s.: i'm an idiot. i tried to quote my previous post and instead, i edited it. therefore, a copypost. sorry, my bad.)
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the USA vs CZ game where I participated, the flag count as tiebreaker/decider was a concept introduced by the Czech team iirc. There wasn't/isn't a server where both teams pinged equally, so we did Map04 on Europe and USA.

Unless such a server exists in current times, how do you determine where the tiebreaking is played (assuming you only want this map played once)? Not sure about anyone else, but if we revert back to playing the tiebreaker on both servers, who's to say one team's potential win on their own server is more significant than the other team's?
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewww wrote:
myself wrote:
i really really really really strongly disagree with flags to be used as a tie-breaker.

ok, a week has passed with just one dismissing response from nostar to my previous complaint. here's the deal:

- funebrak joins dopefish and refuses to play, unconditionally. this most probably includes czegi, too.

- every other czech in the extended team (me, gyrossman, titan and spirit_crusader) refuses to play the match with the flag deciding rule. it is crap and when i mentioned it to my friend from q3 scene, he rofled lenghtily.

- me and funebrak are the new co-captains of the czech ctf team, so this is an 'official statement'. it's also in accordance with the politics of the previous leadership that saw agreeing to the rule as their bad mistake.

nero, i know you're trying to achieve something unprecedented with the real euro team and i applaud your effort, but there's still so much flaws... i'm willing to help you work them out and you know it, but right now, it's headed into a dead end.

(p.s.: i'm an idiot. i tried to quote my previous post and instead, i edited it. therefore, a copypost. sorry, my bad.)

Am I reading this right? People refusing to play because a flag count would be used in the event of a tie?

Are you serious?

You can't be serious....
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fucking dying here. First of all this is CAPTURE THE FLAG. Much as I hate to echo chowder here he's right.

Ok, while I didn't intend my response to be dismissive I did mean it to characterize some confusion about how exactly a very likely tie game situation will end.

And I am sorta baffled at the Czech team playing boycott. I mean come on, it's not like the losing team has to wear women's underwear. Flag count tie-breaking isn't like some random thing I thought up to piss people off, it's been used and occurs to me to be quite fair as it doesn't advantage either team more so than the other. Deww's friend in the q3 scene comments aside I think it's really the fairest way. Each team has the option of being as offensive or defensive as they like, as both strategies work toward the goal of capturing the flag. Also I'm not sure how much this rule will really matter because I expect we'll take a couple maps on your home server Smile

I will say tho I am a little confused as to why Nero isn't taking care of this and talking to me about it. I mean I read this on the forums and think the EURO team is in some sort of revolt. Players quitting over interpersonal issues and rules being hashed out can all happen in PM I think. This seems childish to me. While I am not tied to a flag count tie-breaking system, I haven't heard 1 word from Nero about changing the term. Really the only voice I've noticed is Dewww's which makes me wonder if this game should just be a USA vs CZ game. The Czech team at least has some representation thus far.

That being said, Team USA is still a-go for any and all gamesmanship, and if Team EURO isn't willing I know a certain northern neighbor of ours waiting with guns at the border. So get back to me about when/if this is happening and we can maybe play this video game we all love so much.

Last edited by NoStar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the viable alternative to a flag rule?

I mean you aren't going to get any ideal conditions unless both teams are at a LAN.I can't see any viable alternative to the already agreed rules.I think a boycott by CZ players is pretty lame tbh and without any CZ players in the team I can't see Euro having a chance of winning. The only worse thing than Europe losing is not showing up. At least if you guys play and lose you can say you gave it your best shot against a kick ass USA team.

I thought the terms were already agreed and it was just a case of organising a time. C'mon guys, everyone wants to see this happen regardless of who wins.

If it doesn't happen now it'll be a long time before there is a USA vs Europe as I could understand USA not wanting to get messed around and moving on to other things (Canada, Aus, other European countries etc).

I hope this can get sorted otherwise I lose a bet and will have to be Beast's bitch for 3 years until it happens Embarassed I ain't looking forward to that Laughing
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Chaindude inactive and Ralphis banned? I suppose you could get around the latter with private servers.

Guess you gotta give the Euros some chance! G L
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think anybody should really worry about flags being a tie breaker, if i were to defend we wouldnt lost a single flag anyway so i dnt kno why everyone is makin such a big deal outta nothin Confused
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chain is right - the idea was introduced by the CZ team. I was skeptical but they were also very persistent on playing this way and trying to lecture us on how this was the best way to play. Boycotting now seems quite stupid and frankly, if its your fault the game doesn't get played then I don't suggest ever asking for another one.

We will go ahead and challenge Canada. Fuck if I care, there are some more than reasonable people to deal with over there. Also lets not all forget how we had to reschedule the last game because we all needed to be in the same room.
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to hear from Nero at all about what is going on. It kinda seems like his team has fallen apart here on the forums and he hasn't contacted bones or me about any of it. I understand if he's busy but come on, it would be nice to at least hear something like "We forfeit and proclaim USA the best doomers."

Let me know if this is still afloat.
USA #1!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: