ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA vs EURO - Take 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladna
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
i failed to see my name in the euro list, i understand if people dont want me to play....it wouldnt really be fair if i were to play and show up the other euro players anyway Rolling Eyes

Nobody cares whether or not you're on the Euro team besides you. Rather than bother everybody and take this thread offtopic, I suggest talking to the Euro captains about it. And your assertion that you would "show up other euro players anyway" is laughable. The European players want to win, and if they thought you could help them win, you'd be on the team.

WeaponX wrote:
thaduess nobody cares for your opinion, your still just a noob mate. And to be fair i think my ctf skills (on a good day) are on par with the rest of the players in that list. Rolling Eyes

Putting aside the fact that you're a sub-par player, your attitude is horrible. Generally the reason we put up w/ jerks in this game is that their skill level is high. You're making the unfortunate mistake of not being good, and being a jerk. Even beyond that, I've heard you complain about ping/lag while playing in the USA, and about trying to play against US players in Europe ("This server is horrible" / "I can't hit pingers"). One of the defining characteristics of the USA/Europe game is playing across the Atlantic, and perhaps you were left off the list for that reason. In any case, I recommend a sunnier disposition, and lots of practice.

And finally, it's worth noting that there are some excellent USA players whose connection/location puts them out of the running for the team. In fact, some players from the previous USA team are absent from the list. Every single one of them has been a gentleman about it, as opposed to your public whining & boasting. Another category in which the USA is #1!
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Weaponx thinks why HE isn't on the team. I wasn't even asked... Or was I? I don't remember Laughing
Shadow_Ghost
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey cool! good luck to both teams..

rumour has it that there has been a little rumbling in the canadian team locker room (which has yet to be made yet but still), who knows, winner may be challenged by mystery country (not much of a mystery) !!!!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it make more sense to play for your native country Denny?

Last edited by Cybershark on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to speak to King Nero, WeaponX.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladna wrote:
WeaponX wrote:
i failed to see my name in the euro list, i understand if people dont want me to play....it wouldnt really be fair if i were to play and show up the other euro players anyway Rolling Eyes

Nobody cares whether or not you're on the Euro team besides you. Rather than bother everybody and take this thread offtopic, I suggest talking to the Euro captains about it. And your assertion that you would "show up other euro players anyway" is laughable. The European players want to win, and if they thought you could help them win, you'd be on the team.

WeaponX wrote:
thaduess nobody cares for your opinion, your still just a noob mate. And to be fair i think my ctf skills (on a good day) are on par with the rest of the players in that list. Rolling Eyes

Putting aside the fact that you're a sub-par player, your attitude is horrible. Generally the reason we put up w/ jerks in this game is that their skill level is high. You're making the unfortunate mistake of not being good, and being a jerk. Even beyond that, I've heard you complain about ping/lag while playing in the USA, and about trying to play against US players in Europe ("This server is horrible" / "I can't hit pingers"). One of the defining characteristics of the USA/Europe game is playing across the Atlantic, and perhaps you were left off the list for that reason. In any case, I recommend a sunnier disposition, and lots of practice.

And finally, it's worth noting that there are some excellent USA players whose connection/location puts them out of the running for the team. In fact, some players from the previous USA team are absent from the list. Every single one of them has been a gentleman about it, as opposed to your public whining & boasting. Another category in which the USA is #1!

who are you? and typically the comments made towards thadeuss are british humour that you proabably wouldnt quite understand..fact is i the whole post was a joke, because frankly i dont have the time, nor the patience to play some yanks. Funny how you take everything i've said so serious.. perhaps i should have had [/sarcasm] at the end of the post, perhaps then you would have read it in a different manner.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper wrote:
You'll have to speak to King Nero, WeaponX.

Sniper, i'm afraid its EuroX now Wink
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
fact is i the whole post was a joke

I agree, beware of Queen Ladna.
Shadow_Ghost
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so, is this progressing? I am quite interested in this Smile
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's scheduled for the 30th Rage, but you'll need to ask Star or Nero.
mikehail
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

british humor=make everybody think you are a jackass

weaponx is a pretty cool guy eh whines about ping and doesnt afraid of not playing yanks
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladna and Mikehail win.

Go USA!!!
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikehail wrote:
british humor=make everybody think you are a jackass

weaponx is a pretty cool guy eh whines about ping and doesnt afraid of not playing yanks

Actually, Stew is a great lad, bit of an ego at times, but haven't we all?I've known him for years, spoken to him on TS countless times and still don't know when he's being serious or not on the forums or in irc. Something gets lost in translation via text.

In other news I just got a haircut today and I look like Sonic the Hedgehog
except slower...fatter......more Scottish......and less likely to star in my own gaming franchise.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow miekhial is so funneh ahehe. Same joke gets old ya know.

I agree with Thad here, you guys do take Stew far too seriously. It's him who laughs at you whilst you be emo over him, rofl.

Anyways, Star has said he has to postpone this game 2 weeks back, so who knows, maybe it'll get pushed back n back like last time. I'll try to see if we can all make this other date now.
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there guys..

I have been off the scene for some time, but I am really looking forward to seeing some really good demos that will be made during this.

GL to both teams and have fun!

P.S. Go Europe Smile
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draza owns you all... GL.
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Hey so here is the updated list:

5v5 format
5 maps on each server (tentatively L@P and TotalTrash)
Maps: ZDCTF01 ZDCTF04 ZDCTF08 ZDCTF11 and 32in24-4MAP13
Time limit: 15 minutes, no overtime
Dmflags: 283652 / Dmflags2 = 656896 (no air control or gravity deviations)
No spectating will be permitted
Winner determined by maps won; in the event of a tie total flags captured will determine.
Date: Tentatively slated for September 13th, 2009

As far as team rosters go the USA roster has stayed the same. I have received no update as to the Euro roster so I assume it is similar to what is posted above. The reason for postponement was that the end of August is move-in time for college students stateside so we're looking to avoid problems in that area. With any luck this will go off the middle of September.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post of Nostar is even funnier than that british humour of you EuroX. Laughing
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

myself wrote:
i really really really really strongly disagree with flags to be used as a tie-breaker.

ok, a week has passed with just one dismissing response from nostar to my previous complaint. here's the deal:

- funebrak joins dopefish and refuses to play, unconditionally. this most probably includes czegi, too.

- every other czech in the extended team (me, gyrossman, titan and spirit_crusader) refuses to play the match with the flag deciding rule. it is crap and when i mentioned it to my friend from q3 scene, he rofled lenghtily.

- me and funebrak are the new co-captains of the czech ctf team, so this is an 'official statement'. it's also in accordance with the politics of the previous leadership that saw agreeing to the rule as their bad mistake.

nero, i know you're trying to achieve something unprecedented with the real euro team and i applaud your effort, but there's still so much flaws... i'm willing to help you work them out and you know it, but right now, it's headed into a dead end.

Last edited by dewww on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

dewww wrote:
since nero and nostar both don't remember those times, i suggest they get a clue.

I see yr point. I think that is not an unreasonable change however there are some problems. For instance, which server is the tie-breaking map played on? Additionally, which map is it? And if that all can be worked out, then we're left with, why not just play that one map and let that decide (since as you found in the usa-cz game home server generally wins it's maps). I know that flags deciding a tie will slant the game defensively, but to that I say SO WHAT?

Also I have a clue, please don't suggest otherwise Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: