ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #100 - Too big to handle!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: ZDS #100 - Too big to handle! Reply with quote

To generate a little pre-ZDS interest, I'll post a small teaser. And if you can't guess what is going to happen based on the HUGE banner, then I guess it'll have to be a tiny surprise...
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN UR FORUM STEALIN UR THREADZ!

Heheh nice job there. Makes sense you should run it this week as it's co-op. Oops, did I give a spoiler away there? Yes that's right, we're all playing this at the weekend.

Errr... we do have a greenlight for it I hope?
Killemall
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! I played this wad once and it kicked ass, so we'll see Smile

EDIT: I guess this really is the BIG 1-0-0 Laughing

Last edited by Killemall on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the light is definitely green. Mr. Weasley requested this promo thread himself!
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe its at #100. Good job everybody!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL MR WEASLEY!

And yeah, #100! That's two whole yearsn now!

Killemall wrote:
Woot! I played this wad once and it kicked ass

You did?
Repins
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really good!! Can`t wait !
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killemall wrote:
Woot! I played this wad once and it kicked ass, so we'll see Smile

EDIT: I guess this really is the BIG 1-0-0 Laughing

You played the beta, it's nothing compared to what we will have next saturday! I guess everybody knows now what's up for Zdaemon Sessions. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
indyroo
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTFFFF!

If I miss this I'll shit my pants.

Gonna have to get warmed up!

*Stretches*

*Cracks Knuckles*

*Downloads Project64*

Twisted Evil
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARGH! THE ANTICIPATION!!
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is almost set here. Got an apointment with Kilgore for uploading the wad... You will be able to download the wad using Getwad when you enter the server. Hope you guys are just as excited as I am.

Thank you for the opportunity to spoil another one of your precious Zdaemon Sessions. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this post is major-league late but I all ready wrote up what I was going to say so I might as well post it!

For cooperative mode, this week is tinyHUGE's turn. The concept is that all of the monsters have been included in both jumbo and shrimp sizes. There is no inbetween here. You are either going to be running away from Godzilla zombiemen or dodging some ankle-biting pinkies. The maps should look familiar to everyone because they are remixes of the Doom 2 IWAD maps. No one should be getting lost or frustrated this week. ZDS has always been one for novelties.

Enjoy this new concept because - well, the baddies are unlike what you've seen before. Smile Ronald has been working on this one for a while and has overcome quite a few dehacked obstacles to bring us the finished product. Rev up for ZDaemon engines and please don't step on the gnome-sized cyberdemons. They are very size-conscious you know!

Game Mode: COOP
WADs: tinyhugezdsrelease

Maps: 8 (01-06, 08 ) <--- Skip map07, please
DMFLAGS: 16548 / 1179728
Players: 10 (+2 spectator slots)
Timelimit: Nope
Skill: 3 - Ultraviolence
Voting: Kick

Date: Saturday 1st August 2009
Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST
Locations: L@P/XXX / Unfy/NODE-3/3-BET

Please can server hosts be sure to link to WadHost?
(Put 'http:\\wadhost.fathax.com/files/getwad.php/%s' in as the URL link)
unfy
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like my severs should be ready

zdstack's been... kind of .. kickin my ass over the last two days though, we'll see
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfy and Deathbringer - you guys are great for getting the US servers up with the late announcement! The Euro side has been pretty popular so I'm sure we'll put them to good use.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm didn't really like this as the 100 pick to be honest , To me its pretty much like Doom2

Sorta was expecting something amazing as its the 100th ZDAEMON session no offence to TheCupboard great wad

Mabye next time at 200th
DEATHBR1NGER
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:
Hmm didn't really like this as the 100 pick to be honest , To me its pretty much like Doom2

Sorta was expecting something amazing as its the 100th ZDAEMON session no offence to TheCupboard great wad

Mabye next time at 200th

I totally agree yet I don't want to wait 2 more years for 200 Confused

I would like to take this time to introduce a possible new server from located in Chicago, Illinois called Windy-City by putting just the ZDS server for now. Now US players can use all 4 US servers, (hopefully)

No offence Ronald or makers of this, by in my opinion, this is a big landmark for ZDaemon and the ZDS and I expected something... better I guess. I would've done a wad that relates to ZDaemon and its history so maybe something also the lines of ZDaemon Ultimate CTF, ZDCTF, maybe the IDL ctf wad complication for CTF or maybe like UDMX, dwango FFA, and stuff like this. TinyBIG seems a bit random to me. But I played it on the Euro side and found it to be a tad fun.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a perfect pick for 100. It's basically just a warped version of Doom 2 coop and it's a really fun wad to boot. I'm really sorry I dozed off before the U.S. session last night, so I want to make this up by getting together and running a mid-week encore session.

Assuming the servers are still up, how does Wednesday night sound to everyone, same time, same places? I'll rally up support in the upcoming couple of a days.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:

Mabye next time at 200th

I'm sorry this wad didn't meet your expectations. TheCupboard is not to blame for the choice of this wad, because I suggested it about 10 weeks ago to Cybershark after I playtested it for a bit with EarthQuake, who gave me the idea to suggest it. So blame me for this choice.

DEATHBR1NGER wrote:
No offence Ronald or makers of this, by in my opinion, this is a big landmark for ZDaemon and the ZDS and I expected something... better I guess. I would've done a wad that relates to ZDaemon and its history so maybe something also the lines of ZDaemon Ultimate CTF, ZDCTF, maybe the IDL ctf wad complication for CTF or maybe like UDMX, dwango FFA, and stuff like this. TinyBIG seems a bit random to me. But I played it on the Euro side and found it to be a tad fun.

My apologies for your disappointment too.

EarthQuake wrote:
I thought this was a perfect pick for 100. It's basically just a warped version of Doom 2 coop and it's a really fun wad to boot.

This was the general reaction that were left behind on the server. I think many people enjoyed, however, it didn't need the 100th session maybe to be enjoyed. It was no doubt the longest lasting session I have ever witnessed. So I guess that makes it a little bit special.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if anyone is feeling down after #100, just remember that #104 is around the corner. I'll bring the party hats because it's the big two year anniversary!

Map08 left me awestruck. It was a remix of the hugest maps in Doom 2, heh. That map was crazy difficult at the beginning (archviles randomly killing me) but it was cool after some stuff started to die. How many maps were conglomerated there, like four? Question More remixes like this would be good. That map WAS pretty huge, but on the bright side I acquired quite a bit of practice with my new SR-50 key setup. Razz

And on both the Euro and US sessions, it was the largest ZDS attendance that I had seen in quite a while. It was one for the books.
indyroo
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I came too late. (11AM)

I joined the empty unfy server and played for a couple levels and it was quite hard!

I would have liked it to have been moar colourful and less Doomish as ry said, but I still had a fun time! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: