ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #97 - I want to ride my...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: ZDS #97 - I want to ride my... Reply with quote

We're going to run something mysterious this week. This wad is new (released about five frantic minutes ago) and underplayed (yeah even I didn't test this thing). It's for coop and features a built-in survival-type mode and nine new monsters. All in all, it's a 32 level journey that has taken approximately 3 years for me to build. I've had some help of course. Wink

Worst-vd-Plas has been a great partner in this project. He's handled the technical aspects of the wad, new monsters, special effects, and assissted with some of the map making. This would be a lesser wad if it were not for his brainpower. He will be away from ZDaemon for a period of time, so it seems only right for us to get this project released and have something to show for all of our work.

This week we're playing The Great Bicycle Mystery 2. It emphasizes careful gameplay (no monster lawnmowing here) and hopefully is a fresh take on the cooperative game mode. Your life will hold more value because of the survival scripts (speed runners beware Razz). Come on down and join us on Saturday.

You may be wondering who I am and why I kidnapped Cybershark and stowed him - bound and gagged - beneath the clandestine trapdoor located in my scenic basement making it so he would be completely unable to attend to this week's ZDS posting. Well the simple answer is that I am now a Junior ZDS Minister - completely free to run whatever terrible wads I want when Cybershark and HumanBones let me. So you can expect to see my bright and shining avatar around here a little more often. Don't worry, I have a feeling we will get to intimately know each other in the weeks to come.

Game Mode: COOP
WADs: bm2surv
bm2nohoming

Maps: 32 (01-12, 31-32, 13-30)
DMFLAGS: 82084 / 1179712
Players: 8 (+2 spectator slots)
Timelimit: Nope
Skill: 3 - Ultraviolence
Voting: Kick + Skip

Date: Saturday 11th July 2009
Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST
Locations: L@P/XXX / Unfy/NODE-3/3-BET

EDIT: Due to some freak bugs that just reared their ugly heads, the wad has been updated (sorry to anyone who downloaded from the main wad link)

Last edited by TheCupboard on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy catshit it's a real live Magical (Bicycle) Mystery ZDS! Surprised

Finally! Lol, Cupboard and Worst have only been promising this one for like 2yrs or something. And yes Cupboard speaks true, he has been appointed Minister of Co-op Furniture thanks to all his wonderful WAD suggestions in the past.

Really looking forward to seeing this in action Very Happy
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a minor (major, actually) update just happened to anyone who has downloaded the main wad in the 12 (or so) hours since the ZDS was posted. There were some hairy bugs with a thousand legs crawling around, but they all get squished in this new version. Have a nice day now.
unfy
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfy servers are probably not gonna be ready this weekend, sorry about that Sad
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, this looks very interesting. I hope I will be in the mood and in the position to play tomorrow. If not, I will definitely have look-see some other time. But yes, the hard work shows on my first impression. This is a splendid choice for a Zdaemon session.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent to dogsoft but may not be processed in time.

Please can server hosts be sure to link to WadHost?
(Put 'http:\\wadhost.fathax.com/files/getwad.php/%s' in as the URL link')

Danke schön for the tip Krawa Very Happy
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Oh my, this looks very interesting ...the hard work shows on my first impression. This is a splendid choice for a Zdaemon session.

After playing about half of it last night then I can only agree with this. I think there were a couple of little glitches early on but nothing that affected the gameplay. The maps were often very quirky and novel looking - without being annoying - and the custom monsters used all fitted in very well with the regulars (as well as being very cool to look at).

This is a very classy WAD and an example of why TheCupboard is ideally suited to be choosing what gets run here. For saying how late in the week he posted and how quiet ZD looked last night then this went really well Very Happy
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Euro side was forced to play on a US server until thankfully Krawa hosted one. I played for a couple of hours and then go to a party in the neighborhood and play some mean games of water volleyball. I return several hours later to find the server still going with a few dedicated players. Very Happy I arrive just in time to watch them go from map25 and finish off the wad.

Two hours after that, the US session kicks off and gets about full to bursting with players but then things slow down and we only made it through half of the Mystery.

Thanks for playing and stay tuned for future ZDS coop outings!
Killemall
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a great wad. I showed up at about 10:30 pm CST, and the session was well over, so I got my friend John and we played through a bit of it so I could say I showed Laughing
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah hey it was a lot of fun. I played a couple maps during the euro session but I stuck around for an hour or so in US. Good choice!

And welcome Cupboard!
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be bumping but I just noticed - and tried - this wad.
Interesting music choices Razz.
You could've just asked me and I would've made you some more midis though. Sad
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, thanks Stew. The music didn't get chosen until a week or so beforehand. I was frantically sampling all kinds of midis and then just decided to go with pieces that you and other Doomers had made already. Custom stuff would've been cool indeed but time kind of ran out at the end (your stuff is great by the way). Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: