ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best clans?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sultani
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Best clans? Reply with quote

I was just reading through the best clan ever thread. I was going to read it to post that 138 was the best of their time, but I didn't have to.. Though, I have to laugh at all the people pretending they were in 138. The original 138 was as follows.

Me. (Sultani)
Numskull
Xoap
Toke

Then it expanded a bit and Bloodlust joined it. Then Traci Lords, and if I'm not mistaken Badfish was in it for a quick second.

Anyone else claiming they were in 138 is a liar.

Not sure what NG is, since I haven't played in ages, but I think I've been in just about every clan mentioned
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAG was the bestest l3333t3st clan evaaarrrrr.
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread... in before the flaming and locking.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Euro clans.. CI + A Wink
Shakal
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clans are stupid.
TheMionicDonut
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sultani.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Best clans? Reply with quote

Sultani wrote:
I was just reading through the best clan ever thread. I was going to read it to post that 138 was the best of their time, but I didn't have to.. Though, I have to laugh at all the people pretending they were in 138. The original 138 was as follows.

Me. (Sultani)
Numskull
Xoap
Toke

Then it expanded a bit and Bloodlust joined it. Then Traci Lords, and if I'm not mistaken Badfish was in it for a quick second.

Anyone else claiming they were in 138 is a liar.

Not sure what NG is, since I haven't played in ages, but I think I've been in just about every clan mentioned

I remember you Sultani (or Slutani as you were affectionately known back then Wink).

I was in 138 during it's second wind i.e. when Bloodlust/Badfish joined. I was the only European member of 138. Jkist3 and Ace of Spades were also in this 138.

As far as I remember, this then regurgitated into another clan Not Gods (NG), and then of course there was the second wind for Vile as well. The former was probably the highest skilled clan (in terms of 1on1 ability), to have existed in zdaemon. Unsurprisingly, many of the members of 138 (including myself), were in these two clans as well. I was also in Chronic with Xoap as well, but Xoap pretty much never took doom seriously since 2005 onwards. Yeah these were all great clans, but it was pretty much just about ego pumping and having a roster of the best 1on1 players in ZDaemon. It was not surprising that all of these liquidated within several months.

In any case, the original 138 was a solid clan, but the best ever? That is certainly debatable. Back in the day, the only Euro server was doom.ru (which was an FFA server), so I had to play on Fnord or GSN. I could beat many of the top USA players, despite being a HPB.

I've been in OS the longest, and whilst we are relatively inactive..our longevity and quality of players cannot be questioned. I'd also give props to UD, whilst they may not be the best ever clan in terms of DM ability, they have certainly contributed a hell of a lot to the zdaemon community..and they have always been active in some form or the other.

ShyFX
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

138 never had a HQ so clearly they were fail.
Sultani
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote

Oh, I'm not saying 138 was the best of all time. I'm just saying that at the time, they were the best players.

In terms of best ever, longevity, reputation, desired membership, whatever else have you that would be considered in terms of deciding the best ever, OS definitely has to be that clan. They've been around ever since I can remember.

I wasn't around when the second 138 happened, which is probably why I didn't remember anyone else being in it. I think the last time I actually played (like 2 years ago now?) it seemed like every single person I saw was in some DUI clan.

UD was pretty cool too, since they actually did a fair amount of wad editting. Does Rufus still play? (That's what I call Ralphis)

Not sure what you mean by not having a HQ. But for those of you who remember our original website with just spammed BFG blasts all over it, I laugh every time I think about it.
Hand-Of-Doom
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakal wrote:
Clans are stupid.

What he said.
Aerial[N]
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see who can get the most epeen out of this!

clans on zd are stupid in general, and i think everybody knows that.

If you think your the best, your not! and if your not the best, omg theres like what 10 clans? you must suck.
[FH]Kal_Foxis
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say when [CHAOS] was still here I think they were the best
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to give good old <PRE> the honor for being the best clan I've seen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SIN]? Surprised
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SM was the best clan ever.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS was the best clan ever, as per the criteria suggested by Sultani i.e. longevity, desired membership, reputation and the 1on1 skills of each individual member.

I guess nowadays the criteria are different with the advent of CTF etc. But I'd be surprised to see any of the new clans today still be around in a few years.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I counted one day. 33 clans in zdplayers! and 90% were one person clans. Laughing
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP SM*
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
OS was the best clan ever, as per the criteria suggested by Sultani i.e. longevity, desired membership, reputation and the 1on1 skills of each individual member.

I've NEVER seen a non OS member say OS are the best. So until they do I won't ever believe they were the best.

Anyways, SM* and <PRE> were both great I have to agree, and maybe in the future they'll say some of the current clans now were the best Wink
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the really best was off course NK!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: